OT any bourbon or whiskey drinkers? | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

OT any bourbon or whiskey drinkers?

This is the answer right here. I know when I went to Buffalo Trace and tasted they had us swish around the basically moonshine (can't remember what they called it) in our mouths first. After burning the mouth a bit you really could taste the flavors of each bourbon.

I started with ginger ale way back, but now only ever "mix" it in a manhattan or old fashioned. Neat or a small splash of water is where it is at for quality bourbon.
I pour the good stuff over a large rock and let the ice do its magic.

This is the answer right here. I know when I went to Buffalo Trace and tasted they had us swish around the basically moonshine (can't remember what they called it) in our mouths first. After burning the mouth a bit you really could taste the flavors of each bourbon.

I started with ginger ale way back, but now only ever "mix" it in a manhattan or old fashioned. Neat or a small splash of water is where it is at for quality bourbon.
The raw unaged distillate is called white dog.

Just got back from a trip to Scotland. Great trip overall, plus I got to visit eight distilleries! Came home with three bottles.
Best part was I got to turn the malt at Dunphail distillery!

1000007209.jpg

Went there in the before times. Great little place, awesome in the summer when they open it up. Excellent cocktails, but I don't even know if they have their own whiskey or bourbon. Saw a zydeco band there of all things. Great time in a great setting.
My wife and her best friend went there yesterday. Hoping she brought me a bottle home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom