OT-Best Actor Ever | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT-Best Actor Ever

Ed Norton is a favorite. Everything I have seen Jaquin Phoenix in he has been great. I also really like Matt Damon. Hanks is the gold standard for his generations. DeNiro for his, IMO.

Since the comedic actors are kind of being ignored I'll throw in Walter Matthau and Bill Murray.

But my favs are the oldies. Jimmy Stewart, Gregory Peck, and the Duke. (There is only one Rooster Cogburn)

On a side note I always liked the Matt Helm movies so a shout out to Dean Martin.

And ok Clint Eastwood. Josey Wales is my fav western of all time.

Edward Norton has done some very good work. Fight Club and American History X are well known be he was also great in the illusionist and also his role in Kingdon of Heaven.

Morgan Freeman is great in any role he chooses from prison inmate, to detctive, president, Mandela, etc.

Matt Damon has done some masterful work as Bourne, Will Hunting, the departed, the oceans movies, adjustment bureau, and we bought a zoo.

DiCaprio has to go on this list for the multitudes of parts he's played which are too many to list.

A guy that seems to always show up in massive movies is Orlando Bloom. I'm not sure what the lord of the ri gs and pirates of the Caribbean movies have grossed but its and absurd number. Add to that his roles in Kingdom of Heaven and Troy and he seems to be on the short list for every big money epic when they are considering actors.

I think what makes HANKS the GOAT, is his insane versatility. He has played in so many various roles and he has also netted the most profit out of any actors from his movies with a net profit of like 10 billion dollars... truly insane

Jimmy Stewart, Paul Newman, Robert De Niro
I forgot about Paul Newman! Thanks. Actually met him once in the pits at Fontana Speedway. Dude loved his racing.

Who's everyone's best actor/actress ever? Lighten things up around here before Thursday... Just got done watching captain phllips and wow it was unreal! Tom Hanks in my mind is the best actor to ever live... He's unreal! What a performance...
I love Tom Hanks but "the best who ever lived" is a stretch. No I don't have an alternative because this is far too subjective a topic. The "best" of anything is a debate waiting to happen. Baseball acting If the word "actor were used as a gender free term,you might have to include Meryl Street into the conversation.Anyone that might suggest John Wayne needs to be tied up and committed for a brain scan. Robert Downey Jr is a superb actor . If you haven't seen Chaplin you need to run to Netflick ASAP.

Paul Newman for me by far.
DDL Edward Norton and Clint Eastwood are 1A.

is this a choice of actor as an actor or actor within a movie. I dont know that John Wayne did a great job of changing up his roles and showing true range, but he by far made more movies that suck me in when i find them on.

I think Newman might have been the best, but I love many of Redfords movies too. his role in All is Lost was robbed by the Oscars. Hanks is the best of the last 25 years, Crowe did some great work as did Damon/Norton. Sean Connery had some great roles as did harrison ford

Clint has dome some great work

Jimmy Stewart gets me every time

Walter Brennan/ Spencer Tracy going old school.

Cary Grant,why did he quite acting at 60?

so many to choose from.

is this a choice of actor as an actor or actor within a movie. I dont know that John Wayne did a great job of changing up his roles and showing true range, but he by far made more movies that suck me in when i find them on.

I think Newman might have been the best, but I love many of Redfords movies too. his role in All is Lost was robbed by the Oscars. Hanks is the best of the last 25 years, Crowe did some great work as did Damon/Norton. Sean Connery had some great roles as did harrison ford

Clint has dome some great work

Jimmy Stewart gets me every time

Walter Brennan/ Spencer Tracy going old school.

Cary Grant,why did he quite acting at 60?

so many to choose from.

Gordon from Sesame Street.

But seriously, I can't pick one. I'm more in tune with certain roles by actors.

Damien Lewis in Band of Brothers
Edward Norton in Primal Fear
Mel Gibson in The Patriot and Braveheart

To name a few

Gordon from Sesame Street.

But seriously, I can't pick one. I'm more in tune with certain roles by actors.

Damien Lewis in Band of Brothers
Edward Norton in Primal Fear
Mel Gibson in The Patriot and Braveheart

To name a few

Not to derail a good thread (and I've been known to do that a time or two) but did you see the daughter (the youngest who wouldn't talk) from the Patriot just died? She was 22 I believe and they think it may have been from epileptic fits.

If Denzel only did 40 Training Day sequels and that was his whole career, I would still vote him GOAT.

Spencer Tracy a Paul Newman are the first two that come to mind.

tom hanks,robin williams walter matheau but so many good ones..

Ricardo Montalban, followed closely by Cesar Romero, Fernando Lamas and Desi Arnaz of I love Lucy fame. Honorary mention goes to William Shatner,

Hanks and Humphrey Bogart (GREAT in Casablanca)

Honourable mentions to John Wayne, Al Pacino.

Hanks blows! :)

I'm going with Guy Pearce, or McNulty from 'The Wire' (Dominic West).

Third is anyone else from 'The Wire.'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom