OT-Best Actor Ever | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT-Best Actor Ever

No one can compare with Meryl Streep's versatility. I can't believe this got to 50 posts without an acknowledgement of her greatness. No one plays such a range of characters with such believability and seamless dexterity. Hanks & Lewis are probably the only males who even come close. Nicholson and DeNiro really just play themselves over and over.

Last edited:
is this a choice of actor as an actor or actor within a movie. I dont know that John Wayne did a great job of changing up his roles and showing true range, but he by far made more movies that suck me in when i find them on.

I think Newman might have been the best, but I love many of Redfords movies too. his role in All is Lost was robbed by the Oscars. Hanks is the best of the last 25 years, Crowe did some great work as did Damon/Norton. Sean Connery had some great roles as did harrison ford

Clint has dome some great work

Jimmy Stewart gets me every time

Walter Brennan/ Spencer Tracy going old school.

Cary Grant,why did he quite acting at 60?

so many to choose from.
John Wayne excelled at being John Wayne in front of a camera. Çary Grant was in fear that being gay was going to be disclosed if he continued to be a celebrity. Spencer Tracy was indeed a superb actor Clint Eastwood is a more modern version of John Wayne Once he was tabbed to star in the now famous spaghetti western he stuck with his style including the "Dirty Harry " movies. His ego was in national display when he did his empty chair flop at the RNC. He looked old and senile. He made himself a national joke in a lost cause. It was sad to watch but he helped the current POTUS. I'll bet that he won't be asked to make an appearance at the next RNC

No Alan Rickman love?

Ootp076.jpg

Daniel Day Lewis, Christian Bale for my money right now
Daniel Day is by all means excellent. If you watch Lincoln and weren't impressed by him you know nothing about the art. Alan Rickman is limited in range. He makes an overpowering villain but hasn't stretched enough for qualification as the best. Colin Firth has done that and is a legitimate contender. Another guy who excels is Hugh Jackman. Music and drama . You have it all in Les Mis. I was shocked by Russel Crowe in that movie as well. I never thought he would excel in a music centered production.

Daniel Day is by all means excellent. If you watch Lincoln and weren't impressed by him you know nothing about the art. Alan Rickman is limited in range. He makes an overpowering villain but hasn't stretched enough for qualification as the best. Colin Firth has done that and is a legitimate contender. Another guy who excels is Hugh Jackman. Music and drama . You have it all in Les Mis. I was shocked by Russel Crowe in that movie as well. I never thought he would excel in a music centered production.
Cmon! Snape MAKES Harry Potter. Rickman plays him beautifully

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom