OT-Blarney Rock Closed | Syracusefan.com

OT-Blarney Rock Closed

Headmaster 9

2nd String
Just read that Blarney Rock, a staple for SU basketball fans in NYC for MSG events, is closed.

Sad day for Many!

This is horrible news!! The Rock has been a staple for every SU game in the Garden for a couple decades now. Wow. So sad. I suppose the owners of Stout aren’t that sad. Maybe Stout will take over as the official SU establishment?

This news is certainly worthy of its own thread. I wager the vast majority of members here have been to the Rock.

RIP Blarney Rock :(

That’s really too bad. Many great memories there. Still remember an SU fan kicking the sheet out of a loud obnoxious drunk UConn fan in the 90s. Those were the days.

Thought you were talking about the Blarney Stone in Syracuse for a second and almost had a mini heart attack. Still sad news though

Very sad news. So many great times there, but none were more fun than the BET gatherings there. I met nycfan there when Tomcat hooked me up with his dad to buy an extra they had for the finals against WFVU. So many good times with good people.

Good times, indeed.

Only made one BET tournament, back in 2005. I closed that place 3 of the 4 nights. Awesome memories.

Side note, not sure where I ended up the other night but there was an all night corner store that had a grill across from the Chelsea Star, where I was staying. I woke up the next day covered in hashbrowns and a half eaten pastrami sandwhich i passed out on. All was good as I rebounded and watched Cuse beat WVU for the title that night before heading back to the safe confines at the Blarney. Met a lot of board members, it was great.

Only made one BET tournament, back in 2005. I closed that place 3 of the 4 nights. Awesome memories.

Side note, not sure where I ended up the other night but there was an all night corner store that had a grill across from the Chelsea Star, where I was staying. I woke up the next day covered in hashbrowns and a half eaten pastrami sandwhich i passed out on. All was good as I rebounded and watched Cuse beat WVU for the title that night before heading back to the safe confines at the Blarney. Met a lot of board members, it was great.

Any chance you're talking about Chelsea Papaya?

I stumbled in there around 2-3am each of my NYC nights this last trip. They told me that Friday night, they brought me in from the curb as I was using their trash bag as a bed, while yelling at someone on the phone about a basketball game.

I went in around 10pm after the ND game, pretty sober, to a bunch of high fives, laughter, and stories from the nights before. I'll always have a place in my heart for the folks at Chelsea Papaya

Any chance you're talking about Chelsea Papaya?

I stumbled in there around 2-3am each of my NYC nights this last trip. They told me that Friday night, they brought me in from the curb as I was using their trash bag as a bed, while yelling at someone on the phone about a basketball game.

I went in around 10pm after the ND game, pretty sober, to a bunch of high fives, laughter, and stories from the nights before. I'll always have a place in my heart for the folks at Chelsea Papaya

I don't think so, the Chelsea Star was a low budget hotel a block or two from the Garden. I believe it was above a subway, or close to one.

edit: I looked it up, it's now called Riff Chelsea. Nothing even remotely fancy about it. But man, it was home base for 28 year old me four awesome days back in 2005.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom