OT: Board speed... | Syracusefan.com

OT: Board speed...

A Clockwork Orange

2022 Cali Winner (Overall Record)
Has anyone else noticed the speed of this board has slowed WAY down over the course of the last week? It has for me, to the point where it has become a chore to check it. If I click on a discussion, it takes about ten to fifteen seconds to load.

Not sure if it's my computer, but I haven't changed a thing with settings, and it just seems to move much more slowly. Wasn't sure if anyone else was having this experience.

Has anyone else noticed the speed of this board has slowed WAY down over the course of the last week? It has for me, to the point where it has become a chore to check it. If I click on a discussion, it takes about ten to fifteen seconds to load.

Not sure if it's my computer, but I haven't changed a thing with settings, and it just seems to move much more slowly. Wasn't sure if anyone else was having this experience.

I think because the admins changed the allowable time in between posts to 60 seconds. Probably a good thing to keep people from posting over and over and over again.

Part of the problem is those animated pictures that some people include in their posts. (You know the ones I mean, the jiggling scantily-clad women). URL links to videos are not the problem. The problem is those live videos that are part of the post.

It thought we were going crash on Saturday night.

It hasn't noticeably slowed down for me. Generally takes ~1-2 seconds for the swirly loading symbol to go away (on the tab).

It hasn't been particularly slow, but it is has been loading strangely as of late. All the design elements disappear and the formatting is way off. After X-out and reloading it fixes itself tho.

I noticed it also and wondered if it was the board, my Time-Warner hookup, or my computer. When I hit Post Reply to send this message and then hit the Back arrow to return to the main page, I will have enough time to each lunch before the page will be navigable again. The advertisements help pay the way, but they seem to slow everything down, not only here but everywhere. I make it a policy not to buy anything from the ones that are really annoying.

Seems fine here. ESPN keeps crashing on me though.

It hasn't been particularly slow, but it is has been loading strangely as of late. All the design elements disappear and the formatting is way off. After X-out and reloading it fixes itself tho.

I've had the same problem

I've had that same issue maybe 2-3 times in the past four days. Speed seems about normal.

I've had that same issue maybe 2-3 times in the past four days. Speed seems about normal.

Same exact issues here, for the last several days. It takes upwards of 20-30 seconds to load posts or look at the alerts menu when I click on that.

I assume it has to do with board traffic / bandwidth being greater than usual. But it is SLOW...

I haven't noticed anything slow, it's the same as it has always been for me.

I think because the admins changed the allowable time in between posts to 60 seconds. Probably a good thing to keep people from posting over and over and over again.

How is it a good thing to punish ppl who think faster (like me) and reward those that are slow?

When I was growing up all I ever heard was "think fast, Ghost" as coaches whipped balls at my head...I honed this skill through years of practice, and now it's been rendered useless.

:(

Very slow. And it doesn't have anything to do with gif's or videos. This is recent and they have been here for awhile. Also, it's not specific to threads with those kinds of things in them. Even changing to the Football board or PM conversations takes a long time as well.

It's probably increase in traffic.

44cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom