OT: Build your all-time All-Star roster | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Build your all-time All-Star roster

I have no particular affinity for one guy over the other and prefer watching Curry play, but for whatever its worth, Harden is higher than Curry in career PER, VORP, offensive win shares and defensive win shares.

I get what you’re saying, but when it comes to
crunch time he has absolutely dominated Harden in the playoffs the past few years.

Jordan -5
Olajuwon - 4
Duncan - 4
Durant -1
Stockton -1

Zeke and Dr J are expensive - I would have put Curry on it.

A guy who never seems to get mentioned in all-time great discussions like this is David Robinson, who was basically a perfect NBA center and was just insanely good in his prime.

His all-time stats suffer because he missed some NBA years while in the Navy. This guy is 5th all-time in PER and 9th all-time in Value Over Replacement Player.

Clearly this isn't based simply on career accomplishment or talent. It must have something to do with allstar game performances or how exciting the players were perceived as being. That's the only way to explain Russell being 2 points or Durant being 1.

Here's mine:

Jordan - 5
Carter - 3
Dr. J - 4
Garnett - 2
Stockton - 1

That's essentially the best all dunk team I feel like I could come up with, with Stockton to pass everyone the ball. That would be fun to watch. Had 'Nique been available, I would have found a way to put him on.

Last edited:
Don't really need a PG. I just want a defender, and a guy who's going to just make schtuff happen on both sides. Havoc. I kinda think he'd be a bit deferential to Mike and Wilt.
I think he'd be deferential or he's get beat up.

Last edited:
LeBron
Shaq
Bird
Russell
Durant

I'm I missing something or is Oscar Robertson not on that list?

He played in the 60s and 70s so apparently that doesn't cut it. He's pretty much a consensus pick as one of the ten greatest players of all time and yet he can't make a list of 25 players. Who put that list together?
Jerry West a 1? lol

Wilt averaged 30 points and 23 boards a game.

I'm going to have a field day against this team with Shaq in his prime. ;)
It's an allstar game. Who cares? If it was the playoffs my roster would be different.

Edit: Who does Shaq guard? How long before he fouls out? ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom