OT: Dave Bliss on tape | Syracusefan.com

OT: Dave Bliss on tape

Just read up on him again. Didn't realize that he was from Binghamton and a Cornell grad whose mentor was Bobby Knight being an ass't at Army (1969-1971) and again under Knight at Indiana (1971 - 1975). Interesting. While serving his 10 year NCAA show cause ban, he even got in trouble as a Texas high school coach and was suspended for 2 years from coaching high school basketball in Texas. Yikes, this guy is just plain corrupt.

Amazing he's now a coach at an NAIA Texas Christian college.

And Baylor continues to have success. What a fair world we live in. Talk to me about God.

And Baylor continues to have success. What a fair world we live in. Talk to me about God.

it's intelligent design- by people who want money.

What a sad and pathetic human being. And shame on Southwestern Christian University for hiring this turd.

The tapes are amazing. Just curious if any one else saw this?

The tapes are amazing. Just curious if any one else saw this?
Thanks for the reminder.
I watched this tonight.
Great piece of work.
Stories without a narrator are very difficult to pull off...let alone a 2 hour documentary.
But still a lot of unanswered questions such as:

What were Dennehy and Dotson so afraid of that they couldn't speak over the phone?
Who was the guy Dennehy's roommate said came to their door brandishing a gun?
Why did Harvey Thomas's cousin Larry Johnson suddenly leave town and why won't he talk now?
(Wish they would have asked Harvey about that).
Does Bliss admit pressuring assistant coach Abar Rouse to go along...as Rouse contends?
Were there indications that Dotson was unstable before the shooting?
Why wasn't Dave Bliss prosecuted?

There's a lot more to this.
The one thing that's clear is Dave Bliss is a gigantic skunk.

good thing the NCAA hammered SU for poorly running an unrequired drug program, some kids got pocket change at a YMCA, and for helping a kid write a paper in which SU voluntarily kept out of the 2012 tourney which should have been punishment enough. Bottom line we suck at cheating. With Baylor and UNC they show us go big or go home.

For a brief second, I thought this was the guy we just hired. Whew.

I was disappointed to say the least in Coach K and JB's comments shown in that piece. I believe that the comments shown in the Disgraced movie were from a 2003 Outside the Lines taping.

O'Neil: Rouse's snitching keeps him off the sidelines

I really wish Boeheim hadn't commented as strongly as he did there. The video shows JB saying rather forcefully that the assistant coach who taped Bliss didn't do the right thing, he should have stood up to the coach and said no we aren't going to do this.

After lying about murdered Baylor player dealing drugs, Dave Bliss is still coaching

I was disappointed in the doc. It lost focus toward the end focusing strangely on the plea deal instead of delving into the far more interesting question about who actually committed the murder and if Dotson acted alone or if the JUCO guy or his friend were involved.

Then you knew they were going to find a way to somehow shoe horn Boeheim into this as a bad guy. LOL. Poor guy cannot catch a break.

The postscript of the guy not being in coaching was totally foolish. He was not a coach at Baylor. He was DOBO for like a week, clearly went along with the coverup while taking the cowardly action of recording things while doing it. He also participated in NCAA violations by taking a players friend to a bus station to use a ticket bought for him by the university. All that aside, what basis is there to hire this guy when he has 1) no qualifications and 2) the stink of all this on him whether he did anything wrong or not. Plus he said Big 12 basketball is the equivalent of SEC football which nuked his credibility from the jump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom