OT- Directv NFL Ticket | Syracusefan.com

OT- Directv NFL Ticket

jvbj01

All Conference
On a yearly basis, I call Directv to see what the best offer they have for the NFL Ticket. Many people do this and get great offers. Last year, I go the ticket for half price, but they credited me $30 a month for 6 months. This year, I did much better. I received NFL Ticket Max for free, $200 Visa card, Genie whole home dvr, $15 off for 15 months, $5 off forever, starz and show time for 3 months. I think they did me well.

Has anybody else called for a deal?

No I don't want one of the dishes on the side of my house no matter how much I hate time Warner

I have been a subscriber to directv for years. The NFL Ticket is a big reason for me to stay. A

Go Cuse!

Sunday Ticket is the only reason I have DIRECTV and yes if you call and threaten to leave, sign a new 2 year contract they will give you a bunch of freebies and deals.

P.S...The Genie is great!

For sports fans there is absolutely nothing better then Direct TV. There Golf and Tennis options are amazing. For all of the majors they have 5 channels dedicated to coverage . The NFL ticket is amazing as well, and that's not even mentioning all the different FOX regional channels for CBB and CFB

On a yearly basis, I call Directv to see what the best offer they have for the NFL Ticket. Many people do this and get great offers. Last year, I go the ticket for half price, but they credited me $30 a month for 6 months. This year, I did much better. I received NFL Ticket Max for free, $200 Visa card, Genie whole home dvr, $15 off for 15 months, $5 off forever, starz and show time for 3 months. I think they did me well.

Has anybody else called for a deal?
What was your story for the deal?

I'm in the middle of a two year contract, think they will still give me a deal since they probably wouldn't believe that I would leave since I would have to pay the early termination fee?

BTW - I have TW downstairs and DirectTv upstairs, just so I can watch the Chicago Bears and get all the SU games

When you call them, you need some info to throw at them. When I called the first time, I told them money was right and we were trying to reduce our bills. They went over my bill and suggested a few minor adjustments. I didn't mention the NFL ticket at all. I told them that dish was offering a low rate and a free iPad. All of this was true. They offered to knock the bill down $15 a month for 15 months. Then she asked if I was interested in the MFL ticket. I said yes, but do not want any additional costs. I told her I would discuss this with the wife. She then offered a $200 Visa card. I asked to to log this in the computer and I would call back.
I waited a few days and called back. When you call, hit option 2. It is to cancel service. This will take you directly to the retention department. They will be able to give you the best offer. Anyhow, today I asked her what was logged in the computer. I again explained I had to reduce my bills and asked if there was anymore they could do. She then knocked off a few more dollars. I then asked her if I could get a genie whole house DVr. She said she could do that. She also threw in 3 months of starz and show time.
The deals people are getting are all different. The key is to skip the first tier people. Go right to the retention department. Let them know you are shopping. If you have time, tell them you want to discuss the offer with your spouse. Give it a few days and call back. Ask them of they can do any better for you.
Like I said. Last year I practically got it for free. It took me a second call and they gave me a ton more this year.

Go Cuse!

Also, I was told that dish is paying the termination fees for people to switch over. Let dtv know this. They know if you switch, you may not be back. It is easier to keep customers than get new ones.

Go Cuse!

This is good news. I have gotten the Sunday ticket for free the last 3 years. Now I know just how far to push them this year when I call. Thanks!

I called last night and went right to the rentention department. I didn't get crap for a deal. Told them wife wanted to reduce our bill b/c we have TW and DT, so she wanted me to drop DT service altogether. So I asked how long I had left on my contract and what the cost would be to terminate early. Got that information and basically nothing else. So I then asked what the process was for terminating early because it seemed like that was what I needed to do. Was told it's very easy, blah blah blah. I had told them the only reason I had DT in the first place was for Sunday Ticket which was also expensive, etc.

The only thing the Rep suggested was to switch the current package I pay for, to the cheapest package. I asked if that was the only thing they could do because I really wanted to keep DT and they said that was it. So that was pretty much it for me, I said I needed to run the numbers for the "lesser" package by my wife and I would call back. This way I have a reason for calling back again this morning or tomorrow.

Very surprised though that I didn't get anything at all, not even a discount on Sunday Ticket in the very least which I would have been happy with. I did read on a website the best times to call were monday and tuesday morning because the reps get "credits" they can use to retain people and by the end of the week they have used them up. Have no idea if that is true or not.

This year if you get the special $100 edition if Madden it comes with a free year of Sunday ticket. Not sure the stipulations (I think it might be web streaming only or something) but its a good deal even it you don't want the game.

Sunday Ticket is the only reason I have DIRECTV and yes if you call and threaten to leave, sign a new 2 year contract they will give you a bunch of freebies and deals.

P.S...The Genie is great!

That's why I can't get it. My wife is fine with the football part of it but if I get to have that genie sitting on my lap while I watch? Nope, that ain't going to happen.

I called last night and went right to the rentention department. I didn't get crap for a deal. Told them wife wanted to reduce our bill b/c we have TW and DT, so she wanted me to drop DT service altogether. So I asked how long I had left on my contract and what the cost would be to terminate early. Got that information and basically nothing else. So I then asked what the process was for terminating early because it seemed like that was what I needed to do. Was told it's very easy, blah blah blah. I had told them the only reason I had DT in the first place was for Sunday Ticket which was also expensive, etc.

The only thing the Rep suggested was to switch the current package I pay for, to the cheapest package. I asked if that was the only thing they could do because I really wanted to keep DT and they said that was it. So that was pretty much it for me, I said I needed to run the numbers for the "lesser" package by my wife and I would call back. This way I have a reason for calling back again this morning or tomorrow.

Very surprised though that I didn't get anything at all, not even a discount on Sunday Ticket in the very least which I would have been happy with. I did read on a website the best times to call were monday and tuesday morning because the reps get "credits" they can use to retain people and by the end of the week they have used them up. Have no idea if that is true or not.

Part of the issue may be they already had you in a contract. I always call when the contract is ending or over.

Part of the issue may be they already had you in a contract. I always call when the contract is ending or over.

Yeah, I knew it might be tough to get any deal because of that. I'm a ways from my contract ending though. I read on a "deal" forum that some people had luck even while in contract by asking about the cost to terminate early and acting like that is what they were planning to do.

I'll be moving in the next two months and I'm hopeful that I can keep my DirecTV. I've had Sunday Ticket on and off and love the MLB Extra Innings package. If they want to offer me free Showtime, I'd love it before Homeland starts on 9/29!

Called last week and said I was going to be looking around when my contract was up in October. They took a small amount off my monthly bill, got me a deal to bundle internet with FIOS, and gave me this year's Sunday Ticket for free. My contract was adjusted to run until next August, so I'm hoping to do something similar next summer.

Very nice. Sometimes it takes a few phone calls, but usually they will work with you.

Go Cuse!

So I just called DirecTV as I wanted Sunday Tix but didnt want to pay 300 for it...

I have had directv for 5 years. Never had an equipment upgrade, never signed a contract...

I called customer service...
At the prompt I said "CANCEL SERVICE"
then prompt says do you want to change programming? I said SCHEDULE CANCELLATION APPT

I talked to a nice young man in Idaho
Told him i have a kid on the way, and was looking to squeeze some dollars anywhere i could (which is all true by the way :))
Rep said no problem...

First offer...
$20 Credit for 12 months...
$15 credit for 15 months...

I said, but Dish has the hopper
Rep says no problem, offers me a genie and genie mini for free...

I said now you're talking! What can you do about Sunday Ticket, he offered me the sunday ticket as well. I hesitated, he offered me redzone, I said DEAL!!!

Here is what i think...
I think most of you arent talking to retentions folks. You HAVE to talk to the guy that will cancel your service. Call their bluff, schedule the cacelation for a week later or so so that they know you mean business.

Also, if you have a contract, i think you're out of luck, YOU'RE UNDER CONTRACT, you signed it. Rep did mention that I would be elegible for offers with 5 months left on the agreement (i did sign a new agreement beacuse i wanted the genie)

Best of luck folks!

I just called my for my brother in law. He wasn't comfortable making the call. I was able to bring his bill down from $133 a month to $62 for 2 months and $78 for 12 months. Also, I got NFL ticket max thrown in.
As far as being in contract, I wouldn't be concerned about that. Dish network will pay what you owe in termination fees if you switch. Let dtv know this. I am going to my parents house today and will make a call for my parents. They are retired and in a fixed budget. This one should be easy.
In averaging about $900 savings per call. I wish comcast internet would credit me for my horrible Internet service. That's a whole new story.

Go Cuse!

I just called my for my brother in law. He wasn't comfortable making the call. I was able to bring his bill down from $133 a month to $62 for 2 months and $78 for 12 months. Also, I got NFL ticket max thrown in.
As far as being in contract, I wouldn't be concerned about that. Dish network will pay what you owe in termination fees if you switch. Let dtv know this. I am going to my parents house today and will make a call for my parents. They are retired and in a fixed budget. This one should be easy.
In averaging about $900 savings per call. I wish comcast internet would credit me for my horrible Internet service. That's a whole new story.

Go Cuse!

What are your thoughts on red zone?

I have time warner cable, and I'm debating getting red zone.

I think it's only $5.99 a month. I ended up with it after adding the Big Ten Network before the Minnesota game last year. I think it's worth it.

If you can not get NFL ticket, the red one is great. Call your cable company and tell them you are considering dish tv because the will give you the redzone. They might throw it in free to keep you. Always ask for the retention department. I would also ask for a few other channels or discount for an incentive to stay.
If they do not give you anything, I would surely pay $5.99 for it.

Go Cuse!

I've had fios for a couple years now and with it, the RedZone. It will change your life. Or at least your life on Sunday afternoons. There is almost no break in action for 7+ hours