Class of 2017 - OT/DT Noah DeHond (NY) Verbal to Clemson | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 OT/DT Noah DeHond (NY) Verbal to Clemson

We haven't offered yet correct?
If we haven't offered it a giant FUp. Its not like this kid has been abig time no body in the state. I've read that name a number of times as a quality prospect.

"Based on my offers as of today"

So hey, maybe if we offer him we can get in the mix.

Announcing his college choice tonight at 8pm. Finalists are Alabama, Clemson, and UNC.

Last edited:
Also, for what its worth, as of right now two-four-seven has him 100% predicted to Bama.

I guess they didn't think they had a chance and didn't bother?

Honestly, I have no idea. The kid was interested early, and even visited but never got an offer.

I've heard rumors he may have/had injury issues, but thats just speculation. I wish we would have made some kind of play for the kid, but the staff has their reasons.

Interestingly enough, he also didn't get offered by PSU or ND who both recruit the Rochester area a lot more than the southern schools who offered. It stood out to me that those teams and Cuse didn't offer, but again just my conspiracy theory that something is up.

Honestly, I have no idea. The kid was interested early, and even visited but never got an offer.

I've heard rumors he may have/had injury issues, but thats just speculation. I wish we would have made some kind of play for the kid, but the staff has their reasons.

Interestingly enough, he also didn't get offered by PSU or ND who both recruit the Rochester area a lot more than the southern schools who offered. It stood out to me that those teams and Cuse didn't offer, but again just my conspiracy theory that something is up.
Thats good speculation.

I don't understand why we didn't offer. How are we to be excited for the Orange when they didn't offer a top recruit in our own area. They could explained some if they have concerns. Just not to offer because we don't think we would have a chance if that the excuse. Yes, ND, PSU didn't offer either so what, maybe they are filled up in those needs. But some many other big time Schools did offer. I have a feeling that SU sometimes does that to much not offering because of no chance of getting them. You don't know where you stand unless you ask. I don't mean to get down on the coaching staff and yes they forgot more than I will ever know but those are still my concerns. How are we ever going to compete against the big boys if we don't compete with getting the the same top recruits they are get. Just saying and venting, don't bash me to hard. lol

I don't understand why we didn't offer. How are we to be excited for the Orange when they didn't offer a top recruit in our own area. They could explained some if they have concerns. Just not to offer because we don't think we would have a chance if that the excuse. Yes, ND, PSU didn't offer either so what, maybe they are filled up in those needs. But some many other big time Schools did offer. I have a feeling that SU sometimes does that to much not offering because of no chance of getting them. You don't know where you stand unless you ask. I don't mean to get down on the coaching staff and yes they forgot more than I will ever know but those are still my concerns. How are we ever going to compete against the big boys if we don't compete with getting the the same top recruits they are get. Just saying and venting, don't bash me to hard. lol

Please, all you have to do is look at the database to see how many kids they offer that will probably never even take a look at Syracuse. Trust me there is no fear about offering a kid that will say no way. More than likely there are valid reasons why SU, PSU and ND did not offer. Sometimes it is concern over an injury, some times academics and some times it can even be personality. But it is absolutely, positively not a fear of having no chance to land a kid.

He is a 2017 recruit, I say there is a lot of time between that and LOI. Plus I also want to see if it comes out why we didn't offer him.

How many NYS prospects with offers from big programs have SU havent offered? That should answer your questions.

He is a 2017 recruit, I say there is a lot of time between that and LOI. Plus I also want to see if it comes out why we didn't offer him.
That's ridiculous. I know nothing about this kid but there is a 0% chance of the coaches saying why they didn't offer him.

Please, all you have to do is look at the database to see how many kids they offer that will probably never even take a look at Syracuse. Trust me there is no fear about offering a kid that will say no way. More than likely there are valid reasons why SU, PSU and ND did not offer. Sometimes it is concern over an injury, some times academics and some times it can even be personality. But it is absolutely, positively not a fear of having no chance to land a kid.

You got it CL! I think rackman18 missed my point, which was that it is very suspect for those three schools in particular to not offer. Those three schools do the most recruiting in Rochester, have the best relationships in the area from the schools that looked at Dehond, and those schools would have known about the kid for a long time.

I
You got it CL! I think rackman18 missed my point, which was that it is very suspect for those three schools in particular to not offer. Those three schools do the most recruiting in Rochester, have the best relationships in the area from the schools that looked at Dehond, and those schools would have known about the kid for a long time.
I understand what you are saying, but I would think that word out there on this kid was why he didn't get no offers from any of those three. him whether of his grade, personality, a physical condition, etc. Just thinking out loud. :)

I

I understand what you are saying, but I would think that word out there on this kid was why he didn't get no offers from any of those three. him whether of his grade, personality, a physical condition, etc. Just thinking out loud. :)

Yes, I agree. That is what I was implying.