OT:Exactly WTFrick are the Knicks doing??? | Syracusefan.com

OT:Exactly WTFrick are the Knicks doing???

Screen Shot 2017-07-07 at 5.01.04 PM.png

If you are interested in an RFA you have to offer them a fair premium over what they are normally worth. The premium is to try to get the other team to not match. So to me it's bad, but not unusual with the RFA game.

Hardaway's dad was a star in this league and probably didn't come close to making that amount of coin. Proof of just how outlandish the $$ these guys are getting gifted in today's NBA. Oh Lord

Hardaway's dad was a star in this league and probably didn't come close to making that amount of coin. Proof of just how outlandish the $$ these guys are getting gifted in today's NBA. Oh Lord
I saw something on ESPN last night that indicated that Tim Hardaway senior earned 47 million throughout his NBA career. That seems low to me, but that's the figure they gave. Based on this contract, Junior will get 71 million. Obviously, that's totally out of whack with their relative accomplishments.

I saw something on ESPN last night that indicated that Tim Hardaway senior earned 47 million throughout his NBA career. That seems low to me, but that's the figure they gave. Based on this contract, Junior will get 71 million. Obviously, that's totally out of whack with their relative accomplishments.

But it's not out of whack with what TV contracts are paying and what owners are making.

On the surface the offer does not look too smart. However, several things are in play:

1. For this offer to make any kind of sense it would mean that the Knicks would have to deal Lee. If the Hawks do not match it will be interesting to see if a Lee deal follows shortly thereafter.

2. Comparing Hardaway to Lee, Hardaway is less polished, but he is younger, more athletic, and has upside. Lee is not a fit for a re-building Knicks team, Hardaway could be a big piece of that future.

3. Comparing Dion to Hardaway, Hardaway is longer, but not as strong. Hardaway played no D in NY the first time around, but supposedly that has changed. It will be interesting to see who turns out to be the better player since Dion would have obviously been signable for $ 71M.

Bottom line for me as a Knut fan, I wasn't thrilled with the offer, but there is no question that until the Knicks start to contend that they will have to overpay for free agents, particularly the restricted kind. So, it will come down to whether or not Hardaway has truly improved to at least the level of play he displayed with Atlanta. if he has made that jump & still has some upside then it may turn out to be a decent signing if it holds.

lol

In my next life I want to come back as a mediocre Nba player.

In my next life I want to come back as a mediocre Nba player.
My friend and I used to say the ideal job is backup NBA center. Good money because you're a big and not any pressure because you're a backup. These days, any mediocre player is enough to make a killing.

It's a life time of work to get there.
You make it sound like it's easy to be that good.

I'm not saying that, and im not knocking these guys, I know how hard they work. My joke was an indictment on how ludicrous some of these contracts are. I mean Otto Porter got a 100 mil contract, raise your hand if you saw that coming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom