OT:Exactly WTFrick are the Knicks doing??? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT:Exactly WTFrick are the Knicks doing???

I'm not saying that, and im not knocking these guys, I know how hard they work. My joke was an indictment on how ludicrous some of these contracts are. I mean Otto Porter got a 100 mil contract, raise your hand if you saw that coming.

The Porter contract was a lot more predictable than the Hardaway deal.

On the surface the offer does not look too smart. However, several things are in play:

1. For this offer to make any kind of sense it would mean that the Knicks would have to deal Lee. If the Hawks do not match it will be interesting to see if a Lee deal follows shortly thereafter.

2. Comparing Hardaway to Lee, Hardaway is less polished, but he is younger, more athletic, and has upside. Lee is not a fit for a re-building Knicks team, Hardaway could be a big piece of that future.

3. Comparing Dion to Hardaway, Hardaway is longer, but not as strong. Hardaway played no D in NY the first time around, but supposedly that has changed. It will be interesting to see who turns out to be the better player since Dion would have obviously been signable for $ 71M.

Bottom line for me as a Knut fan, I wasn't thrilled with the offer, but there is no question that until the Knicks start to contend that they will have to overpay for free agents, particularly the restricted kind. So, it will come down to whether or not Hardaway has truly improved to at least the level of play he displayed with Atlanta. if he has made that jump & still has some upside then it may turn out to be a decent signing if it holds.
Mills inexplicably said yesterday they are keeping Courtney Lee. He has no idea what he's doing. Maybe they think they can play Lee or Hardaway at SF after they deal Melo. NYK management is awful.

Totally idiotic and inexplicably bad deal. The Knicks need to commit to rebuilding, period. The fans are more than ready to accept that, but there needs to be a plan of some kind. And re-signing an average 2-guard to an overpaid contract, 2 years after you literally gave him away, is just...stupid.
The NBA should do what the NFL did to right the Jints. Get a responsible adult in there to keep Dolan and his minions at bay, and get a flagship franchise back on track. Save the idiots from themselves! One can only dream...

So glad I wasn't a Knick fan growing up. Just hated Ewing, so couldn't do it. I root for them, but doesn't really hurt me when they, well, continue to be the Knicks. Granted, I latched onto the Magic growing up, and they aren't making the best moves. Still, they make a decent move once in a while. Was hoping Lydon ended up there, but they drafted oddly. Going the long-term route at least, and hoping to build.

So glad I wasn't a Knick fan growing up. Just hated Ewing, so couldn't do it. I root for them, but doesn't really hurt me when they, well, continue to be the Knicks. Granted, I latched onto the Magic growing up, and they aren't making the best moves. Still, they make a decent move once in a while. Was hoping Lydon ended up there, but they drafted oddly. Going the long-term route at least, and hoping to build.
The Magic are awesome because nothing they do makes sense.

True that. I'm not sure they even have a plan, but it'll be a fun ride.

True that. I'm not sure they even have a plan, but it'll be a fun ride.
I actually think they could contend for a playoff spot next season if they can get their crap in a bag.

The package that landed them Serge Ibaka, landed OKC Paul George. Meanwhile, Serge Ibaka landed them...Terrence Ross.

Well done.

The package that landed them Serge Ibaka, landed OKC Paul George. Meanwhile, Serge Ibaka landed them...Terrence Ross.

Well done.
Yeah that Ibaka trade was one of the great head scratchers of all time.

You almost had it.

Should be: Their method is madness.

Thats an insult to people who's method is madness, The Knicks are pretty much trying to do everything in their power to be the worst franchise in sports.

Up front, I'm not a big NBA fan/follower. When I heard this deal yesterday, my first reaction was "Wait, Tim Hardaway is still in the NBA?" Then a split-second later "No, wait, they said 'Jr'. His son is playing in the NBA? and is worth that much...lololololololol".

Trade Melo. Don't sign anyone else long term. Tank for Michael Porter. Porter and KP and they'd be in business.

Here's what I've always wondered. How did the Rangers escape this fate? Does Dolan not care about hockey and just stay out of the way?

Here's what I've always wondered. How did the Rangers escape this fate? Does Dolan not care about hockey and just stay out of the way?

Dolan always admits he knows nothing about hockey, and lets Glen Sather be, when it comes to bball Dolan thinks hes Red Aeurobach and wants to show everyone how "smart" he is.

considering it looks like the Rangers are going to waste next season too because we now have no depth down the middle, including exactly 0.0 1Cs on the roster, yeah...things are peachy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom