OT: Fine Mess Strategery | Syracusefan.com

OT: Fine Mess Strategery

Moving The Fine Mess from the Fine Lot (Where to if we have to leave)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Okay it is no secret that SU is taking away parking lots. Henry This Year, Ray Lot Next Year. The Fine Lot might not last for much longer. Or if it does it could jump up in price.

If we are forced to move what would you like to do? If we move I would like to work with SU or a Private Entity to move all of us en masse when the time comes.

I love parking at the Fine Lot and prefer to stay there as long as possible but I think we need to have a gameplan ready if/when it goes away or becomes too expensive.

Thoughts on a Few Suggestions...add any to the thread if you have one. BTW, another thought is ESF does anyone have a contact there?

North Manley (Pros: Large Lot, grass, indoor bathrooms, Orange Club donation not mandatory and parking fee only $70 a season Cons: Shuttle Bus)

Private Lot around Adams/Harrison (Pros: walkable, bathrooms might be problematic, security of cars? Cons: Finding a Suitable Lot and right person to contract with)

Local Greek House (Pros: Close, indoor bathrooms?, college atmosphere Cons: Lot big enough, 20 year olds puking on our cars, higher potential for muddy mess in rain)

Standart Lot (Pros: Huge Lot, close walk, local on site bottle recycling (LOL) Cons: Cost?

B&C aren't even options IMO. Standart would be great but isn't that full already? Remember too, as more of these lots close, folks who donate far more than many of us will get first priority on parking as they get bumped. I have n idea where they will put those people now at RAY. Those are some of the big donors. We may end up at Manley by default.

have you guys looked into moving your passes to Waverly ? I have been there for 3 years now and it's great. Marshall Street in the back and Katty corner from Varsity and Faegans. Lots of space to tailgate and 3 min walk to Dome.

Why is Skytop not an option? Too far away?

have you guys looked into moving your passes to Waverly ? I have been there for 3 years now and it's great. Marshall Street in the back and Katty corner from Varsity and Faegans. Lots of space to tailgate and 3 min walk to Dome.

Waverly's a good spot.

Gonna suck to lose the Fine Lot, another mistake by the SU administration and they wonder why attendance sucks.

Gonna suck to lose the Fine Lot, another mistake by the SU administration and they wonder why attendance sucks.

I can't hate on SU for building back there. The new law school was much needed. The law student apartments? Not sure, but I get it.

Okay it is no secret that SU is taking away parking lots. Henry This Year, Ray Lot Next Year. The Fine Lot might not last for much longer. Or if it does it could jump up in price.

If we are forced to move what would you like to do? If we move I would like to work with SU or a Private Entity to move all of us en masse when the time comes.

I love parking at the Fine Lot and prefer to stay there as long as possible but I think we need to have a gameplan ready if/when it goes away or becomes too expensive.

Thoughts on a Few Suggestions...add any to the thread if you have one. BTW, another thought is ESF does anyone have a contact there?

North Manley (Pros: Large Lot, grass, indoor bathrooms, Orange Club donation not mandatory and parking fee only $70 a season Cons: Shuttle Bus)

Private Lot around Adams/Harrison (Pros: walkable, bathrooms might be problematic, security of cars? Cons: Finding a Suitable Lot and right person to contract with)

Local Greek House (Pros: Close, indoor bathrooms?, college atmosphere Cons: Lot big enough, 20 year olds puking on our cars, higher potential for muddy mess in rain)

Standart Lot (Pros: Huge Lot, close walk, local on site bottle recycling (LOL) Cons: Cost?

I know I will get chastised for this but the Manley lot on a nice days is not a bad walk at all, I know the horror. Makes a nice walk with a few beers on the way to the game as well, parked their for a few years before I move over towards the library, its a definite tailgaters lot as well, plenty of room to toss the football around as my kids get a bit older I may move back there

I can't hate on SU for building back there. The new law school was much needed. The law student apartments? Not sure, but I get it.

I dont have any issue with them building and adding on to the school but is that really the only location on the entire campus? If there was a ton of parking available around the domefor tailgating I wouldnt mind at all but were scrapping the bottom of the barrel as it is and now there gonna take away all the lots. Seems idiotic to me.

Waverly seems kinda small...you think we could move 15-20 cars there?

A and D seem like the best choices. But like Bees said, I have to wonder if Standart is a no go because it's full.

I think we get another 5,000 each game if the tailgating (and access for old folks) was better. But that would require a bold move on the part of the university.

Waverly seems kinda small...you think we could move 15-20 cars there?

No way Waverly gives you more than 1 or 2 passes. That lot's been sold out for years. I guess if you know someone high up you may have luck but little ole 690 has been trying for years to get my NMC (thats the North Manley Crew) of about 20 peeps into that lot.

No way Waverly gives you more than 1 or 2 passes. That lot's been sold out for years. I guess if you know someone high up you may have luck but little ole 690 has been trying for years to get my NMC (thats the North Manley Crew) of about 20 peeps into that lot.

Well you might have some newbies NMC's coming your way in a year or two...LOL

BTW, does ESF sell parking?

Personally yes...North Manley as IB alluded to is walkable for most on nice days.

If you cut through the cemetery in a straight line to the dome its a 12 minute walk. been doing it for 9 years. piece of cake

There's decent shuttle service from Skytop. ;)

If you cut through the cemetery in a straight line to the dome its a 12 minute walk. been doing it for 9 years. piece of cake
You realize 12 minutes is a long commute in Syracuse? ;)

BTW, I'll talk to Chris Gedney this weekend and see what he thinks will happen the next few years.

There's decent shuttle service from Skytop. ;)

Are there shuttles from North Manley or only Skytop?

Are there shuttles from North Manley or only Skytop?

There is a shuttle from North Manley. We put the tailgaters 50 and over on the shuttle, the rest of us grab 2 roadies and hike thru the cemetery. Its tradition, and where would we be without tradition!!

North Manley, South Manley, and Skytop.

That's what I thought but when Jake specifically mentioned Skytop I thought maybe it had changed.

We put the tailgaters 50 and over on the shuttle, the rest of us grab 2 roadies and hike thru the cemetery.

Works for me.

I selected North Manley personally (as I think Standart might be tough to get in). Good weather days you walk in...walk back. 690W a ? How full was North Manley last weekend?

If they take the FINE lot away and/or anything not in convenient walking distance and I probably bail all together. The goal of customer service is to make the lives of clients/paying patrons easier and/or more enjoyable. If this becomes a logistical hassle it would seriously cause me to reevaluate my desires re SU events and become the more casual fan whose interest fluctuates with the wind. Frankly I'm sick of fighting with them up there with seemingly everything. From the '59 ball fiasco to the constants hassles (albeit less so this year) with ushers to the ticket office games they play. Enough. Fool me once shame on you, fool twice shame on me, fool me 15x then I'm a schmuck.

I've bought extra tix for years to give away every game. Not so inclined as of late and a significant increase in the hassle factor would put me over the brink I fear.

I selected North Manley personally (as I think Standart might be tough to get in). Good weather days you walk in...walk back. 690W a ? How full was North Manley last weekend?
EMP-TEE. Thats the thing. The only cars in there on a gameday are the Art Students (they are an interesting bunch;)). Oh, thats also the lot where the ushers and recruits park. But there is a lot of room.