OT- Grandpa Names | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT- Grandpa Names

The elder, devoted Orange fan, CuseTroop? The only acceptable thing to call you is "Boeheim". Because Igor, Orangeyes, and CaliCuse are all taken. Then you'll hear, "Boeheim, can we play basketball?" or whatever for decades to come.

Or maybe "Ma' Dude" so some day when your grandkid asks you something it'll be awesome, like, "Can we get ice cream, ma' dude?" and you can say back, "yes, m'boy" or "sure thing, my girl"

Meet Kynslee Aiko! She can call me whatever the hell she wants.

kynslee.jpg

I've always liked good ole traditional grandpa. That's what my kids use for both of them.

My uncle was named Charles. His grandkids called hm Cha-Cha, which I thought was really cute. But I don't know how you get a Cha-Cha equivalent out of Adam.

"Addy?"... sort of half way between Adam and Daddy? Actually I sort of like it

Whatever she decides to call you will be the best one!

my little guy calls his grandpa...grampers

congrats!

Good luck with whatever name you pick. Just be prepared for it to be changed slightly by your new little one which is how I believe most of the more "unusual" names come form is being unable to pronounce another name. But if you're picking, why not Boba?

My uncle was named Charles. His grandkids called hm Cha-Cha, which I thought was really cute. But I don't know how you get a Cha-Cha equivalent out of Adam.

"Addy?"... sort of half way between Adam and Daddy? Actually I sort of like it

Dam-Dam

Good luck with whatever name you pick. Just be prepared for it to be changed slightly by your new little one which is how I believe most of the more "unusual" names come form is being unable to pronounce another name. But if you're picking, why not Boba?
Bobo is what my granddaughter calls me lol

Thanks everyone! I finally convinced them that most families have multiple grandpas* and not everyone comes up with crazy names. So I'm "Grampa Adam" until she's old enough to start calling me something different. I'm on board with names like bopa or bopo etc... cute names a baby can say that ends up sticking. But I don't need a bunch of adults running around forcing cute baby names on me lol One day she'll look over at me with those little eyes, point at me, mumble a couple sounds together and boom- I'll have a name lol

Had my first solo diaper change yesterday. Was interesting, and smelly. Made sure to take my pearl shirt off so I didn't get poo on it. Everyone was confused when they came into the room, I'm standing there topless, holding a baby wearing nothing but a diaper that was poorly strapped on, and like 50 wet wipes all over the place... but we did it.

kynslee.jpg

*That's one thing I wish had gone different in my life, both grandfathers passed away before I was old enough to enjoy them. Had some amazing grandmas, bad ass parents, and their friends to make up for it, but always thought it would have been cool to have some grandpa time.

Thanks everyone! I finally convinced them that most families have multiple grandpas* and not everyone comes up with crazy names. So I'm "Grampa Adam" until she's old enough to start calling me something different. I'm on board with names like bopa or bopo etc... cute names a baby can say that ends up sticking. But I don't need a bunch of adults running around forcing cute baby names on me lol One day she'll look over at me with those little eyes, point at me, mumble a couple sounds together and boom- I'll have a name lol

Had my first solo diaper change yesterday. Was interesting, and smelly. Made sure to take my pearl shirt off so I didn't get poo on it. Everyone was confused when they came into the room, I'm standing there topless, holding a baby wearing nothing but a diaper that was poorly strapped on, and like 50 wet wipes all over the place... but we did it.

View attachment 197285

*That's one thing I wish had gone different in my life, both grandfathers passed away before I was old enough to enjoy them. Had some amazing grandmas, bad ass parents, and their friends to make up for it, but always thought it would have been cool to have some grandpa time.
That's awesome. Smart thinking about the Pearl shirt. I only had one grandpa and when I was little he lived in the Bronx and he would take me to Yankee Stadium. Dumb me though, as I grew up, it never dawn on me to ask him to share stories of him fighting the Germans in the forests of France in the First World War. My loss. Hopefully you can share some of your "war" stories with her when she gets older.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom