OT guilty pleasures favorite cheesy 80's songs | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

OT guilty pleasures favorite cheesy 80's songs

I remember getting into these guys because they would play at Bogie's.

[song: funky ceili']

and a little Dave by himself . . . in what may well be the best country song ever written
[song: Every Night About This Time]

Pretty funny. I graduated in 95 from ESF, but I was only there two years. The previous two I was back in the Albany area (even took a couple courses at SUNY Albany) working and having fun at all of those bars. Used to hit Lark St. and those bars as well, but spent a lot of time at Quintessence back then.
Hey, VT I have to ask:
Did you ever have a Cold Cheese slice from Mild Wally's?

I remember getting into these guys because they would play at Bogie's.

Hottest waitress ever with those little dinky shots worked at Bogey's (dark hair) loved that girl.
Also, another one from Washington Tavern (WT's) and two other cuteys that I was close friends with, hooked up with both (both close friends, not the other outrageous hotties).

John Hiatt, from "Bring the Family," what I believe is the best album of the entire decade
[song: Have a Little Faith in Me]

and a little Dave by himself . . . in what may well be the best country song ever written

F my life, stupid poetic justice about the wives mucking up the new page, losing the song.
Every time I get into one of your songs, I refresh to talk and read about Albany.
tee = idiot time

Can she be a real pain in the ass?
I thought this was normal behavior? lol
Nah, she's normally as sweet as can be.
But once in a blue moon, I feel ya...
Once a month, ha? What a theory I might have.
:bang:

VT, I also saw "Dark Star" or similarly named Grateful Dead cover band at Bogey's and Kegs and Eggs on St. Patty's.
Did you ever go to Mild Wally's near the Long Branch?
Famous for seemed to be 800 wing flavors, mild, medium, hot, death, honey bbq to name a few.
But not sure if you saw my other post, if you went there, ever been drunk and had the cold cheese slice?
They sprinkled fresh mozarrella after taking a slice out of the oven, sort of congealed on top of it.
So very good, drunk or not. Everyone should try this.

[song: Just Some Good Old Boys]
Just a whisker before the 80's might even have to be classified there.

Just a whisker before the 80's might even have to be classified there.
Me and my older brother used to watch dem dem dem Dukes...
Every time Waylon Jennings said "there's about to be some trouble, ya hear?" then played some guitar riff, I knew it was commercial time, that my brother was riled up and in attack mode. Used to spring off the bed cause I knew I was about to get pummeled.

Gosh dern Dukes, took a beating for them.
All in fun, nothing vicious. :)

[Song:Greatest American Hero Intro]
cusetown, you asked for it, now time to bring down the thunder......

Hey, VT I have to ask:
Did you ever have a Cold Cheese slice from Mild Wally's?

I can honestly say no. Don't remember ever going to a Mild Wally's. Get the feeling there is much more to the story here. Was that a special slice with a side of something illicit?

EDIT: Never mind - just saw your other post. Can't remember the place. I always went for Chinese when I was drunk unless I was in Troy. I got pizza there. At Elda's or at NY Pizza.

I can honestly say no. Don't remember ever going to a Mild Wally's. Get the feeling there is much more to the story here. Was that a special slice with a side of something illicit?
Straight up truth, just googled and they are still around!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom