OT guilty pleasures favorite cheesy 80's songs | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

OT guilty pleasures favorite cheesy 80's songs

Yeah I wonder who would be good at doing something like that, hmmm.
You guys are good at what you do. Gonna keep me up all night creating this dang list, but I digress...you guys are good at what you do :)
Could do it programmatically with a little friend I like to call HttpRequest, but I have no desire to code tonight.

Instead, make you a deal. If I have enough steam to start this, going forward, you have to put song title on one line, song artist on next line, etc going forward.

That's a big if gentlemen.
Not to mention, if I did automate it, it would be useful for future posts, etc.

Again format of post would be as such and you can help by editing your individual old ones: (we might tag them so as to differentiate between replies, other banter etc)

(SEE EXAMPLES PEOPLE)

youtube link would be here

You guys are good at what you do. Gonna keep me up all night creating this dang list, but I digress...you guys are good at what you do :)
Could do it programmatically with a little friend I like to call HttpRequest, but I have no desire to code tonight.

Instead, make you a deal. If I have enough steam to start this, going forward, you have to put song title on one line, song artist on next line, etc going forward.

That's a big if gentlemen.
Not to mention, if I did automate it, it would be useful for future posts, etc.

Again format of post would be as such and you can help by editing your individual old ones: (we might tag them so as to differentiate between replies, other banter etc)

SONG: My dog has fleas
ARTIST: K9 and company

youtube link would be here

I'm in!

I'm in!
Oh, it be.

Just a little flavor of what I have extracted from page 3.
<meta name="description" content="I'll see your Karate Kid fandom and raise you my Karate Kid obsession.

Have you ever read Bill Simmons' Karate Kid articles? Just hysterical." />

Just now a matter of looping through all the pages (I know when there is no page 30, etc lol)
Then parsing the data I will need.

Might finish tonight, but please wait for me until tagging your songs as I want to make sure we use some mechanism that won't be in song name or artist. For those who don't do it, song will not be "registered" with my list.

I know, I'm a sick nut.

:)

Oh, it be.

Just a little flavor of what I have extracted from page 3.
<meta name="description" content="I'll see your Karate Kid fandom and raise you my Karate Kid obsession.

Have you ever read Bill Simmons' Karate Kid articles? Just hysterical." />

Just now a matter of looping through all the pages (I know when there is no page 30, etc lol)
Then parsing the data I will need.

Might finish tonight, but please wait for me until tagging your songs as I want to make sure we use some mechanism that won't be in song name or artist. For those who don't do it, song will not be "registered" with my list.

I know, I'm a sick nut.

:)

You're awesome. Which is why you have way more likes than should be possible for the number of posts you have.

Ok guys, for those who have posted or are going to post new songs.
If possible, so that no one duplicates your song, please add to every song post:
[SEE EXAMPLES PEOPLE]
as an example. Here's one I just did.
Do not put my Sharona in every post! I will handle dupes either way, but let's skip artist and for now, time to have a brawl on the bed with the boy.

IMPORTANT: When replying take out the line that has [SEE EXAMPLES PEOPLE] in it. You can see the content in the reply, so please get rid of it. This will save me some annoying parsing.

I'll start up at it in an hour or so.
Begin!

don't forget, the more songs we do, the better this will work

If possible, so that no one duplicates your song, please add to every song post:

[see examples]
Do not put my Sharona in every post! I will handle dupes either way, but let's skip artist and for now, time to have a brawl on the bed with the boy.

IMPORTANT: When replying take out the line that has in it. You can see the content in the reply, so please get rid of it. This will save me some annoying parsing.

Begin!

This sounds like I'm going to need a few beers to get clicking.

By the way, good luck starting a song with P!
[EditSong:photograph]
Oh, lawwwwwwwwwd.
Use a space if you see things like this.
:rolling:

She's close, a few touch ups soon and might take a break, but here's my debugging tool to test.
When closer (probably tomorrow to give me time and let people edit old ones, I will sort the list alphabetically, make prettier, etc)

screenshot.jpg

cusetown, it's coming along, but if you can, post something on original post that says "follow the first example you see with song: in it"
this way i can delete my old instructions as it has fake songs in it, and then i can get this extra data removed.

I'm now finally caught up with this after the explosion the last few days. I don't think this thread is in Kansas anymore
[Song: Africa]

I'm now finally caught up with this after the explosion the last few days. I don't think this thread is in Kansas anymore
[Song: Africa]

I love this song. Good call.

Understood tee. I will be back during the duke game ready to go, giving my kid a bath. Go nuts guys!

Understood tee. I will be back during the duke game ready to go, giving my kid a bath. Go nuts guys!
Excellent, also my validation caught a reply (god, I've got problems). Any way to make this software for evil, rule the world purposes?
When you can, edit your reply above mine that has BOTH my sharonas in it. Top of page 30.
You can replace it with [see examples people] and my validation will let that one go and not add it unnecessarily.

[SEE EXAMPLES PEOPLE]

IMPORTANT: When replying take out the line that has [SEE EXAMPLES PEOPLE] in it. You can see the content in the reply, so please get rid of it. This will save me some annoying parsing.

Begin!

Africa
Another one bites the dust
Break my stride
Candy girl
Caribbean queen
Catch me I'm falling
Cool it now
Could you be loved
Cruel summer
Danger zone
Don't stop 'til you get enough
Dress you up
Drive (Who's gonna drive you home tonight?)
Easy lover
Electric Avenue
Everybody wants to rule the world
Fallen angel
Get on the floor
Give it to me baby
Gloria (Laura Branigan)
Gloria (U2)
Greatest American Hero Intro
Hey ladies
Hungry like the wolf
I feel for you
I think we're alone now
If you leave
In the air tonight
Jessie's girl
Kickstart my heart
Let's go crazy
Lovesong
Lucky star
Maneater
Master Blaster (Jammin')
Me and julio down by the schoolyard
Me, myself and I
Meet me half way
Mr. Roboto
Never Ending Story
Only in my dreams
Our lips are sealed
Photograph
Rapture
Rebel yell
Rhythm of the night
Rock with you
Rosanna
Run to the hills
Separate ways
She's like the wind
Shout
Somebody's baby
Somebody's watching me
Step by step
Take on me
The new style
The one I love
There's no stopping us
Two of hearts
We don't have to take our clothes off
White lines
Who's johnny
You make my dreams come true
Young lust
Your love

Africa
Another one bites the dust
Break my stride
Candy girl
Caribbean queen
Catch me I'm falling
Cool it now
Could you be loved
Cruel summer
Danger zone
Don't stop 'til you get enough
Dress you up
Drive (Who's gonna drive you home tonight?)
Easy lover
Electric Avenue
Everybody wants to rule the world
Fallen angel
Get on the floor
Give it to me baby
Gloria (Laura Branigan)
Gloria (U2)
Greatest American Hero Intro
Hey ladies
Hungry like the wolf
I feel for you