OT - Heupel Extended at UCF, time for Dinos!! | Syracusefan.com

OT - Heupel Extended at UCF, time for Dinos!!

I could absolutely be wrong but thought I saw a clip of a presser the other day where Dino dropped hint that he wasn't going anywhere. Think it was someone asking about other openings and his name coming up. Dino outright laughed and made some comment to the effect of can't want to talk to you after.

Anyone else catch this or am I misinterpreting?

If he isn’t signed it will be an epic fail on ad part which I think he may be without us knowing. These recruits signing up want to be coached by Dino so I think it may be already done just not public at least I hope. Dino could be the second Mac here. We got our perfect guy now hold onto him please.

I could absolutely be wrong but thought I saw a clip of a presser the other day where Dino dropped hint that he wasn't going anywhere. Think it was someone asking about other openings and his name coming up. Dino outright laughed and made some comment to the effect of can't want to talk to you after.

Anyone else catch this or am I misinterpreting?

Other than a stupid Thamel piece about Maryland that ignored the obvious choice (who, surprise, got the job), where has Dino's name been mentioned anywhere?

(please don't say parental basement dwelling Louisville internet fans).

Other than a stupid Thamel piece about Maryland that ignored the obvious choice (who, surprise, got the job), where has Dino's name been mentioned anywhere?

He turned around a 4-8 cuse program to 9-3 and a second place finish in the ACC. We may not hear it out loud but you know as well as I do that his name’s more than likely all over the place.

Am I worried yet though? Nah

Why would Niko ask about Dino looking at other jobs when the only Power5 job open is K State?

He turned around a 4-8 cuse program to 9-3 and a second place finish in the ACC. We may not hear it out loud but you know as well as I do that his name’s more than likely all over the place.

Am I worried yet though? Nah

I take the silence to mean two things:

1. SU and Dino have something arranged. We're private so we don't have to make it public, but Dino's agent would know.

2. If he leaves SU, there are only a handful of blue bloods to worry about. We dodged a bullet with USC. The rest are either stable, or have recently made their move. The longer he's here it works in our favor. Other up and coming coaches will show their worth and some will have ties to the specific blue bloods. It will become more competitive.

Maybe they will announce an extension at halftime of the SU Georgetown game with a good luck shoutout to the football team. That would be fabulous.
He could come out And say gtown still sucks and I'm signing an extension.

If Heupel originally signed in 2017, one can assume his initial contract went through 2021 or 2022. That means he was extended 2 years, right? I don't believe the article mentioned a salary bump to go with the extension.
What do fans think a reasonable extension for Babers would be?

If I was a betting man I bet Dino has already been extended or has the extension in hand but just hasn’t signed it yet and is waiting until after the bowl. I think we hear something very soon after the bowl game and I would be shocked if he wasn’t extended 3-5 years. With no big time jobs of Dino’s interest opening up this year it plays into our favor because they will probably open up next year or the year after when Dino’s buyout is at its higher due to the extension. Not that the big time blue bloods would have any problem paying that but I get the hunch Dino will be here for awhile.

I have not been this excited about the future of Syracuse University Football for a very, very long time. I owe that feeling of excitement to Coach Dino Babers,the Players, his Staff and all the Syracuse Football Staff. To all of them I say thank you for making fall a fun time again. I hope that feeling lasts for a long time! I look forward to you all representing the Orange on 28Dec18. Beat WVU, Go Orange!!!!!

The Louisville 2 4 7 writer was saying that he heard and then "confirmed" Dino was really gunning for the Louisville job and was pushing for an interview. I thought it was doubtful and was just his assumption, but he was writing like he heard it from his "sources"

The Louisville 2 4 7 writer was saying that he heard and then "confirmed" Dino was really gunning for the Louisville job and was pushing for an interview. I thought it was doubtful and was just his assumption, but he was writing like he heard it from his "sources"
I just cannot bring myself to believe this...if true, just so baffling wow