OT: I hope we can cure cancer in my lifetime | Syracusefan.com

OT: I hope we can cure cancer in my lifetime

Funny/timely that you post this now. I wasn't going to start a thread on it, but my mom had surgery today for ovarian cancer. She's recovering tonight and the surgery went well, but it's scary as hell.

Wow god bless man. I read an article last week that they have isolated a protein that is key to allowing cancer cells to grow and that so far every type of cancer they alter how the body reacts to the protein has responded well. Its a possible major breakthrough in using something basic in the body to trick the body to naturally destroy abnormal cells vs helping them grow.

Wow god bless man. I read an article last week that they have isolated a protein that is key to allowing cancer cells to grow and that so far every type of cancer they alter how the body reacts to the protein has responded well. Its a possible major breakthrough in using something basic in the body to trick the body to naturally destroy abnormal cells vs helping them grow.
That would be terrific. When I was about 14, I saw my grandfather dying, quite painfully, from cancer. Last time we were all together in Marcellus was around Christmas, 1994. A week later he passed away, and we were back in town for his funeral. Ironically, that was the first time I ever went to see a hoops game in the Dome.

And one of my best friends has terminal pancreatic cancer... and went into hospice care today.

I suspect Jekelish started this thread out of frustration with the game tonight... but it has more truth than he was thinking about.

That would be great, as many of us have been impacted by this horrible disease.

Just found out today that a woman I teach with has a high school aged son just diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma. Treatable. When I was 15 a friend from early childhood passed away from the very same "treatable" disease, a treasure of a human being if there ever was one. There has got to be a cure for this awful, awful disease that takes away our loved ones...

And one of my best friends has terminal pancreatic cancer... and went into hospice care today.

I suspect Jekelish started this thread out of frustration with the game tonight... but it has more truth than he was thinking about.

That word "terminal" just hit me very, very hard. I feel like crying. I'm about to go to bed, I will be saying an extra prayer for your friend.

studying med... People really do not realize how much lives and how horrific cancer is.. Saw people joking about cancer on april fools about them having cancer... Nothing to joke about.. ANY cancer is fatal.. Completely attacks the humans vital organs and does so in a gruesome way.. One of my life goals is to see cancer get cured but I just dont think there will every be a way unless they come up with some amazing surgery tool that can get the cancer out of the organs even if it takes such an invasive approach to get it out..

pancreatic cancer is horrible. Prayers cto! Will be a long road for him/her.. What a fighter he/she must be

Cancer is an a**hole

I had leukemia, went through a few chemo treatments and a bone marrow transplant. I was only 20 when it happen, I think it was rougher on my parents than it was on me. For me, all the unknowns that came with cancer were the worst part. I went from college to hospitals and doctors offices in a blink of an eye. Ive been cancer free for 9 years now.

A cure that comes with minor or no side effects would be amazing.

Cancer is an a**hole

I had leukemia, went through a few chemo treatments and a bone marrow transplant. I was only 20 when it happen, I think it was rougher on my parents than it was on me. For me, all the unknowns that came with cancer were the worst part. I went from college to hospitals and doctors offices in a blink of an eye. Ive been cancer free for 9 years now.

A cure that comes with minor or no side effects would be amazing.

Glad to hear your still cancer free. My wife is 5 years so far. She had super early stage and they caught it looking for something else. She had minimal localized radiation treatment vs the awful stuff you and so many others dealt with. God bless and wish ya many more yrs free of that awful disease.

Do yourself and your loves ones a favor and watch this video, then go out and research what other people have to say about it.

Thanks for making me feel like I'm not the only one (on here) saying the earth isn't flat. One of the "great" things about that video is that it shows it isn't just the US that supresses information. The only funeral I've been to was after a childhood friend lost a battle with cancer/treatment. We "can't" understand how pyramids on multiple continents were built with such precision 1000's of years ago with the mainstream science of today, yet many are willing to lap up anything the mainstream tells them for fear of being ostracized or simply because they haven't heard otherwise from someone they trust. Of course I say follow with your own research, but the 3 methods in the videos in my post from a month or so ago have science and court/legal data to back them up, and even a personal account from CuseRegular. (I also threw in an award winning, non-partisan documentary about HIV/AIDS that changed how I looked at the medical establishment and things in general) : http://syracusefan.com/threads/its-not-always-about-the-game.70410/#post-961676

My wish isn't to make anyone feel like Andy Kaufman was portrayed as feeling in his final(?) scene in Man on the Moon(1999) when he visits charlatans in the Philippines, but for folks to listen to documented cases of people being cured, some of the science behind it, how our own governments and associations have fought these cures and progress for many decades, and decide if you'd like to look further into it. The bottom line is far more money goes into/comes from treatment than any cures.

Lastly a mainstream news broadcast from my backyard on how a 6 year old girl stopped 300 seizures a week using a radical, "new" treatment...which I believe is along the same lines as the Rick Simpson one in Sneaky's and my previous posts. The last agit for the neverbeliever was the family had to move out of where else, but NY, to take advantage of states' rights and avoid the federal abuse of our Constitution damning their child's existence .

Last edited:
Lost my wife to cancer. She was a professor brilliant beautiful inside and out and a true giver. My girls were little at the time and if not for a strong family support system i do not know what we would have done. A few years later her best friend was also taken by Cancer. Both before they turned 45.

Just found out that two of my friends wives have cancer. I want not only a cure but to find out what the hell is the catalyst for it as well. These are middle aged woman and way too young for this to happen.

In the words of Marsh...F cancer.

My father was taken away by cancer last year (one year is coming up on May 6th) and now am fighting this fight with one of my best friend's Jenna (who you all are being so amazing to). I'm going to take a page out of Marsh's book here...

F Cancer.

creatorsgame said:
Any thoughts on this board about the "conspiracy" of "big pharm," that they make too much $ treating cancer that there will never be a cure?

You mean like what they've done with Lyme disease? Think about how much money they will lose if a cure for cancer is found. They make so much money on cancer treatment that they would have a very difficult time surviving without the revenue source. The current model isn't conducive to finding a true cure for cancer.

Watched my mother-in-law die of pancreatic cancer after a year long terrible fight. One of the finest people you'd ever want to meet. Have friends that have a dermatologist as a regular stop, some losing way too many chunks of their face. Several ladies who still battle breast cancer. Went through prostate cancer myself, 12 years cancer free.
It's a horrible disease that needs all of us to keep pushing for a cure and just as importantly to encourage our friends not to ignore unusual physical changes in themselves.

Watched my mother-in-law die of pancreatic cancer after a year long terrible fight. One of the finest people you'd ever want to meet. Have friends that have a dermatologist as a regular stop, some losing way too many chunks of their face. Several ladies who still battle breast cancer. Went through prostate cancer myself, 12 years cancer free.
It's a horrible disease that needs all of us to keep pushing for a cure and just as importantly to encourage our friends not to ignore unusual physical changes in themselves.

Just reminded me I have to call my derm and get back in and get looked at again for my yearly.

Lost my wife to cancer. She was a professor brilliant beautiful inside and out and a true giver. My girls were little at the time and if not for a strong family support system i do not know what we would have done. A few years later her best friend was also taken by Cancer. Both before they turned 45.

much love brother

You might want to check out "The Truth in Small Doses, Why We are Losing the War on Cancer". Its by Clifton Leaf. Sets up a nice perspective- and no its not about drug companies hiding cures. Its about how research funding is more centered on me too drugs and not more novel approaches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom