OT: I hope we can cure cancer in my lifetime | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT: I hope we can cure cancer in my lifetime

We are doing it to ourselves. Not to go on a left wing rant but corporations in this country are slowly but surely poisoning the great people of this country all in the name of more profits. Ask yourself why the apples you buy at the grocery store are a year old while the freshest ones are shipped to Europe... http://www.foodrenegade.com/your-apples-year-old/

There is a whole host of reading one can do about the meat industry as well. There are simply no protections in place for the poisons that corporations and industry put in our food, drinking water and the very air we breathe.

I look at my vitamin pills and they have red #40 dye and FD & C Blue #2. Why do I need food coloring in a vitamin pill...mega oxymoron.

First off, let me just say that I definitely pray for and support everyone on here who is currently affected dealing with this horrific disease either themselves or a family member / friend. I also send out prayers to all of you who have unfortunately lost someone. Many of you may have seen posts of mine over the last month discussing my first time participation in the St. Baldricks event that took place March 30th at Kitty Hoynes. I'm pleased to say that at this moment, my efforts raised $2679 to help research an end to childhood cancer. The reason for my participation was seeing how a close family friend had to deal with the disease and then loss of his almost 3 yr old son. I can't even imagine the pain they went through and deal with every single day while still showing such incredible strength in the face of such adversity. I said throughout how humbled I felt by the support of so many in my efforts (and by many generous board members here). Just yesterday, I felt even more humbled when the mother of that little angel signed up to do a St. Baldricks event in June in her hometown of Auburn. She posted to my FB page that it was I who inspired her to do so for her lost son Jack. She is the inspiration, not me.

Over the past few years, several close family members of mine have experienced several different types of cancer. Some requiring surgery; some chemo and radiation and I am thrilled to say that all of them are currently doing well so my family is very lucky in that regards. Forgive my rambling, but I do want to echo the original posters sentiment and say Cancer and I also hope that cancer is cured in my lifetime.

Last edited:
I look at my vitamin pills and they have red #40 dye and FD & C Blue #2. Why do I need food coloring in a vitamin pill...mega oxymoron.
We have a 10 month old daughter... we found out a few months ago that the J&J no tears soap we use on her every night to give her a bath uses formaldehyde which is a known carcinogen as a secret ingredient. They have since stopped using it but why was it in there in the first place? We as consumers know very very little about what's actually in the products we consume on a daily basis and what the long term health affects are going to be.

Well the ability to cure cancer would be great and that is currently the case with a handful of cancers. But curing cancer is the hard and expensive road for most cancers. For many cancers, there is no reasonable chance that they will be curable in the foreseeable future. Preventing cancer is the easier road - better to not get cancer in the first place. How can we prevent cancer? We can't prevent all cancers, but limiting the exposure to harmful man made chemicals would be a big step forward. Did did you know that most chemicals, including most of the ones that you touch and come in contact with your food and beverages, are exempt by congress from safety studies? Anyone who wants to reduce cancer rates should be a big supporter of the clean air act, the clean water act, and the EPA. Hooker Chemical/Love Canal, Allied Chemical/Lake Ononadoga, and GE/Hudson River won't happen with adequate oversight. Unfortunately, the reality is that the govenment has and will put the profits of the chemical industry ahead of the well being of the citizenry. The latest example is the energy fracturing industry, which congress has exempt from many environmental laws, that is pumping unknown and untested chemical mixtures into large areas of of the country, which directly contaminates aquafers. People are already ingesting those chemicals and many more will in the coming years. The equation for the politicians is that profits and jobs show up today, but your cancer shows up in 20 years. Well your cancer from Hooker/Allied/GE is showing up now. So I advise you to lobby your politicians to require all man made chemicals that come in contact with humans to be adequately tested for safety - and if they aren't safe control them.

In short, if you don't support the safety study and control of chemicals - don't complain about cancer.

That would be great, as many of us have been impacted by this horrible disease.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom