OT: Insane weather situation in Atlanta | Syracusefan.com

OT: Insane weather situation in Atlanta

Eric15

Living Legend
CusefanATL, etc.. what is going on down there?

CNN saying:

It's like a frozen 'zombie movie'
Thousands of drivers camped out on frozen roads. Some students in Atlanta are still stuck on their school bus. A routine drive home turned into a travel horror show after a snow storm paralyzed the South.

Be careful this is off topic...but anyways JHJ would be able to tell you too. Since he is in Georgia.

The biggest problem in Atlanta, is all the businesses and schools let people go home at the same time yesterday after the snow was already beginning to accumulate. Temperatures haven't been above freezing and most of the roads are frozen. There were schools where the kids had to stay overnight. Just bad planning ahead on everyone's part.

Then you would hate it with all your heart up here.

I lived in Watertown for four years. Didn't mind it up there, but a decade down south has spoiled me. Please, keep the snow. You probably have more snowplows in Syracuse than there are in the entire state of Georgia.

I lived in Watertown for four years. Didn't mind it up there, but a decade down south has spoiled me. Please, keep the snow. You probably have more snowplows in Syracuse than there are in the entire state of Georgia.
That's the truth...conditions are far worse down here than in NY ever because there is no capability to remove snow.

We might have all the snowplows but you don't see them on your street til like 8 o'clock at night when the storm was at 8 in the morning...lol

Easily.

I play by my own rules. The other day at the grocery store I went in the 10 items or less aisle with like 13 things.
i loath people like you- you dont care about the most basic rules of civilized life-
i bet if you have 3 or more of the same thing you count them as only 1

I-75 is like a scene from the apocalypse.

As a native New Yorker I was laughing yesterday as we closed work at noon but then as an inch of sleet and then 2 inches of snow slowly began to freeze due to the nonexistence of snowplows I realized the struggle was real.

It's basically a giant hockey rink out there.

i loath people like you- you dont care about the most basic rules of civilized life-
i bet if you have 3 or more of the same thing you count them as only 1

TommyLeeJonesNotSureIfSerious_zpsb2fec297.jpg

I bag everything, I don't want my fruit touching some gross sticky conveyor belt.

As a total germaphobe I find that hilarious because even I am not that crazy! I mean most fruit does have a rind/skin of some sort to protect the part you are actually eating.

I-75 is like a scene from the apocalypse.

As a native New Yorker I was laughing yesterday as we closed work at noon but then as an inch of sleet and then 2 inches of snow slowly began to freeze due to the nonexistence of snowplows I realized the struggle was real.

It's basically a giant hockey rink out there.

Everyone who moves south eventually comes to realize that without the tens of thousands spent on equipment it doesn't take very much snow/ice to make travel near impossible.

The good news is when it does fall down here it rarely lasts long.

Looks like the football recruiting trail is frozen over as well:

Screenshot_2014-01-29-09-26-15.png

I play by my own rules. The other day at the grocery store I went in the 10 items or less aisle with like 13 things.
I read an article headline about some dude killing another dude for going in the 10 items or less lane with like 12 items. So be careful out there.

Wait this is over 2 inches of snow? Seriously? Good lord

Bloody antinomians ...