OT: Kelly Bryant not getting a ring.. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Kelly Bryant not getting a ring..

He did play in those other games, which they won, and of course for several prior years too.

IF this was Dabo's decision, then he's a dabo-bag.
IF this was put up to a team vote, and they decided not to give it to him, then so be it.

Didn't Dabo tell him the decision about changing starters at the time that he did so that Bryant could take advantage of the 4 game redshirt rule and get another year?

I think he's done enough for him.

He could have easily strung it out a week, then had a better insurance policy for the rest of the season. As most coaches would have.

I think it is petty. The kid was at the school for years.
Its simple. If your on the team you deserve the ring. He quit. He wasn't pushed out, asked to leave, or suspended. HE QUIT and made a decision that he felt was in his best interest as it certainly wasn't in the teams best interest. Its absurd to think he deserves a ring that the team he quit on earned.

The only game that matters is the National Championship Game. The other games are immaterial.

Oh wait, that makes no sense.

Dabo is a douchebag for this decision.

I kind of disagree with everyone on this one. He contributed for nearly 30% of the season as the starting QB. Bc of that contribution you deserve it imo.

I mean, the janitor gets one. He certainly didn’t contribute that much.

I get the quitting thing, and I understand Dabo’s point as well.

But honestly - I would’ve mailed the kid a ring.

He already has a ring from two years prior.
That should be enough of a Clemson memento.

to me it feels like having your cake and eating it too

man, that cliche is stupid, if you have your cake, of COURSE you are going to expect to eat the damn thing. who came up with that?!
My wife points out that it is said backward. It should be "eat your cake and have it too." That makes more sense. Of course, once you eat your cake, you can no longer have it anymore, so to have both would be awesome... because I like cake.

Its simple. If your on the team you deserve the ring. He quit. He wasn't pushed out, asked to leave, or suspended. HE QUIT and made a decision that he felt was in his best interest as it certainly wasn't in the teams best interest. Its absurd to think he deserves a ring that the team he quit on earned.
That is simple. I agree with you there. Real life is very rarely simple unless you are simple. He was part of the team for more than one season. Dabo moved on from him. Not the other way around. The only way he could play again was to transfer. And he had to to it when he did. The classy thing for Dabo to do would be to give the kid his ring.

That is simple. I agree with you there. Real life is very rarely simple unless you are simple. He was part of the team for more than one season. Dabo moved on from him. Not the other way around. The only way he could play again was to transfer. And he had to to it when he did. The classy thing for Dabo to do would be to give the kid his ring.

“If I’m not starting I’m leaving, but give me a ring.” Lol.

It doesn’t work like that at all.

I kind of disagree with everyone on this one. He contributed for nearly 30% of the season as the starting QB. Bc of that contribution you deserve it imo.

I mean, the janitor gets one. He certainly didn’t contribute that much.

I get the quitting thing, and I understand Dabo’s point as well.

But honestly - I would’ve mailed the kid a ring.

I'm guessing if the Janitor quit halfway thru the year he wasn't getting one either. I, like you can see both sides of this, but I have to side with you quit, no ring.

There’s talented kids up and down that roster who probably feel they sacrificed individual stuff for the betterment of the team, and I’m sure some of them actually did. What a slap in the face it would be to them, to give a ring to a kid who quit instead of sacrificing for the team.

This is pure AAU, Twitter highlights, individual workouts over playing on a team, era stuff that this is even a discussion.

He did play in those other games, which they won, and of course for several prior years too.

IF this was Dabo's decision, then he's a dabo-bag.
IF this was put up to a team vote, and they decided not to give it to him, then so be it.

There is where I fall on this as well. Also, Dabo's "my job's to do what's best for the team" makes him sound like a pr!ck. How does giving KB a ring or not help the team in anyway?

“If I’m not starting I’m leaving, but give me a ring.” Lol.

It doesn’t work like that at all.
good to see that the years he put in there, along with the first 4 games that helped them get to the national title game, mean nothing.

good to see that the years he put in there, along with the first 4 games that helped them get to the national title game, mean nothing.

What do the years he put in before last year have to do with anything? Should Clemson kids on previous years' rosters get rings, because of their contributions?

Kid quit -- no ring.

The previous years mean nothing to that season IMO. Deshaun Williams didn’t get a ring because he won Preseason NIT MVP the year before we won a title.

The first four games would’ve meant something if he was still on the team, because he did contribute. But he quit. Gotta be there for the whole ride, IMO.

The previous years mean nothing to that season IMO. Deshaun Williams didn’t get a ring because he won Preseason NIT MVP the year before we won a title.

The first four games would’ve meant something if he was still on the team, because he did contribute. But he quit. Gotta be there for the whole ride, IMO.
There are cases where I would agree with you. This isn't one of them.

Can't find a single comment where Kelly Bryant himself is complaining

Much like everything else these days, the media is making a mountain out of a mole hill. Dabo's quotes didn't help. I think he deserves a ring simply for staying out of this conversation and being the above the stupidity

Can't find a single comment where Kelly Bryant himself is complaining

Much like everything else these days, the media is making a mountain out of a mole hill. Dabo's quotes didn't help. I think he deserves a ring simply for staying out of this conversation and being the above the stupidity

plus there's some rumblings Bryant went to some protests so the media is trying to make him into another kaepernick.

Probably not, but the boosters who paid for their practice facility likely did.

This is extremely petty on Dabo's part. You don't sniff the title picture without Bryant beating TAMU at TAMU. He's taken a few jabs at Kelly since he left the school.
Can you point me to those jabs?

Here’s what Kelly said on his way out the door, after throwing a tantrum, skipping two practices, and notifying his coach via text message that he was quitting: In exclusive interview, Clemson football QB Kelly Bryant says he will transfer

I honestly don't care either way. He did help us beat A&M but he also quit on his team. Bryant could have went to Dabo, said he was going to transfer but remain on the team, and there wouldn't have been any issues. I know he feels that he didn't get a fair shake but he did get equal snaps. There isn't a team in college that is going to sit Lawrence.
If anything, Trevor Lawrence was treated unfairly. It was VERY clear who the better QB was.

Dabo played the best player. He didn't ask him to quit. The kid made a decision that he felt was in his best interest. It certainly wasn't in his teams best interest. He could have stayed as the second string QB and earned the ring. If he doesn't quit he gets a ring. Simple.

This isn’t true. He could have stayed in the program and not played, and transferred after the season. This was offered to him.

He was on the team in 2015-17 and he received a lot of rings for those seasons.

Instead, he chose to throw a locker room tantrum, badmouth the program in the local paper, and take recruiting trips while his former team was playing football games.

Swinney was always more than fair with Bryant. He just wasn’t as good (or even close) as Lawrence. It’s big boy football.