OT- Knicks Nets | Syracusefan.com

OT- Knicks Nets

WinRoadGame

Scout Team
Knicks get snubbed again. Nets get the stars. What do the Nets have to do for it to be a success? Is there anything positive the Knicks can take from this? They just signed Randle at the 4. Avg 21 points and 8 Boards last year to a two year, 3rd team option. 63 million. The Knicks got Barrett. The Nets got the stars. But what do the Nets gotta do for it to be a success? Do the Knicks have a roster that can get to the playoffs next year or lottery? Can the Nets compete for a title or is Durants injury a question mark? Theres a lot of questions. Thoughts?

They will be a little better next year. By kds 2nd year they should be a championship caliber team. No chance the Knicks are going to be a playoff team.

They will be a little better next year. By kds 2nd year they should be a championship caliber team. No chance the Knicks are going to be a playoff team.
You are making big assumptions about kd and Irving’s health.

Knicks probably could not control where Kyrie and KD were going to sign.

However, I do not understand some of the other signings. i liked the Randle signing. Maybe Bullock and Portis could also help. The big issues i had were the redundancy in signing Gibson and Ellington. Seems the Knicks would need more help @ C and PG. Also, if they had to sign Gibson and ellington, why a two year deal for those oldsters. should have been one year and a team option, not like anybody else was banging down their doors. The 2 year deals removes a lot of roster flexability.

As for the Nets, I think their kudos are over-rated. Kyrie is a mega-talent, but if he could not make the celtics better why does anybody think he will be terrific for the Nets, especially at the cost of russell who really blossomed there. KD will probably come back as a very good player, but very unlikely to be what he was. Getting those two to sign below max to get jordan was an underrated move.

All in all, I would give the Knicks a C- and the Nets a B. I have a feeling these moves will not end up with a championship in Brooklyn and that a couple of years down the road one or both of those near max deals will end up being a big albatross for the Nets.

EDIT - Knicks just signed Payton @ PG. I think this is an excellent signing, especially for the $$$ and i raise their grade to C.

Last edited:
Knicks probably could not control where Kyrie and KD were going to sign.

However, I do not understand some of the other signings. i liked the Randle signing. Maybe Bullock and Portis could also help. The big issues i had were the redundancy in signing Gibson and Ellington. Seems the Knicks would need more help @ C and PG. Also, if they had to sign Gibson and ellington, why a two year deal for those oldsters. should have been one year and a team option, not like anybody else was banging down their doors. The 2 year deals removes a lot of roster flexability.

As for the Nets, I think their kudos are over-rated. Kyrie is a mega-talent, but if he could not make the celtics better why does anybody think he will be terrific for the Nets, especially at the cost of russell who really blossomed there. KD will probably come back as a very good player, but very unlikely to be what he was. Getting those two to sign below max to get jordan was an underrated move.

All in all, I would give the Knicks a C- and the Nets a B. I have a feeling these moves will not end up with a championship in Brooklyn and that a couple of years down the road one or both of those near max deals will end up being a big albatross for the Nets.

EDIT - Knicks just signed Payton @ PG. I think this is an excellent signing, especially for the $$$ and i raise their grade to C.
It seems like all deals other than Randle have a team option for year 2... essentially they are 1 year deals. 2019 is all about teaching the kids who are the core how to win. Not sure how easy that is to do with a bunch of free agents who have never won in their NBA careers, but it’s a better strategy than tanking. Pressure will be on Fizdale to grab an 8 seed and start building a culture for the next round of free agency in 2 years.

I think the Knicks are doing okay. More than a few GM's said they should have passed on the years with KD after the injury and 10 million per for someone to carry KD's bag is not to be ignored. I also am on the record regarding Kyrie so I am not crushed. I think the new additions all seem to be on short deals.....problem is the Freak is the next big FA and that is a few years away.

I also don't think Fizz is the answer but maybe KD and Kyrie will run off the Nets guy and we can take him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom