OT: Knicks Raymond Felton arrested on felony gun charges | Syracusefan.com

OT: Knicks Raymond Felton arrested on felony gun charges

Nothing goes right? When you sign guys like Felton and Smith, this is what you get.

I think Felton is a bad player; but was there anything in his history to make you think something like this would happen?

I know Melo really wanted to play there but he has to realize that with Dolan there it will always be a raging dumpster fire. Get the hell out while still in your prime. There's a purple and gold #15 waiting for you in LA.

The NY Post (so, you know, grain of salt) also says he pointed the gun at a woman.

I think Felton is a bad player; but was there anything in his history to make you think something like this would happen?

Actually, Felton was pretty good during his first go-around with the Knicks. Then he got traded to Denver in the Melo deal and has sucked since then. But back in 2010 Felton, Gallinari, (Healthy) STAT was a pretty good and exciting team to watch

Felton had a solid few months in a system designed to make the PG look good, but he still had a 52% true shooting in that period.

Felton is 29? Guy looks like he's 36.

Wife files for divorce and then a week later brings a loaded gun to the precinct and says she found it in the house.

Ouch...

Knicks should go after OJ Mayo now. He's just as fat as Felton these days. What the heck happened to that guy?

I know Melo really wanted to play there but he has to realize that with Dolan there it will always be a raging dumpster fire. Get the hell out while still in your prime. There's a purple and gold #15 waiting for you in LA.
If Melo suffers through this year he might as well stay. Hes won over the Knicks fans, even his haters are coming around now. Knicks will have a ton of moveable assets and hopefully can get him some help... but, yea, this is the Knicks we're talking about so...

Ugh. This one probably ought to move to the OT board.

It's the post, so they are probably wrong.

If Melo suffers through this year he might as well stay. Hes won over the Knicks fans, even his haters are coming around now. Knicks will have a ton of moveable assets and hopefully can get him some help... but, yea, this is the Knicks we're talking about so...

Just not sure about their assets. Melo has been great this year; I still don't want to sign him to the mega max but he would take something like 5-100, give or take, I would do that. But I don't know what kind of assets they really have. No first rounder this year; they can't trade their 2015 first unless they acquire one for 2016. Shumpert's value was a late first from OKC. How are they getting better?

It's the post, so they are probably wrong.

Just not sure about their assets. Melo has been great this year; I still don't want to sign him to the mega max but he would take something like 5-100, give or take, I would do that. But I don't know what kind of assets they really have. No first rounder this year; they can't trade their 2015 first unless they acquire one for 2016. Shumpert's value was a late first from OKC. How are they getting better?
Im just basing it off the expirings. If Melo takes a little less that should open up room to get him 1, hopefully 2 big pieces.

Im just basing it off the expirings. If Melo takes a little less that should open up room to get him 1, hopefully 2 big pieces.

Ok, so you mean in 2015. Yeah that is possible. Expiring deals don't seem to have much trade value, but they could have some cap space in 2015. I just assume they're gonna screw it up.

If Love and Aldridge make it to FA; big problem there is neither guy would pair that well with Melo, who really is better off as a 4 these days, and I think that's only going to be amplified as he gets older.

Ok, so you mean in 2015. Yeah that is possible. Expiring deals don't seem to have much trade value, but they could have some cap space in 2015. I just assume they're gonna screw it up.

If Love and Aldridge make it to FA; big problem there is neither guy would pair that well with Melo, who really is better off as a 4 these days, and I think that's only going to be amplified as he gets older.
I think Love would fit. Melo/Love would essentially be interchangable forwards who can both step out and shoot it or play inside. Love is one of the only 4's who I think Melo would fit well with. I'd wish for them to get Love and a high level pg, whether thats Rondo or whoever.

I think Love would fit. Melo/Love would essentially be interchangable forwards who can both step out and shoot it or play inside. Love is one of the only 4's who I think Melo would fit well with. I'd wish for them to get Love and a high level pg, whether thats Rondo or whoever.

I think Love and Melo would be a fantastic offensive combination. If they got Love they'd have to play them both as forwards and bring in a big guy, because Love at the 5 would be a bad idea. But everyone seems to have Love going to the lakers anyway

In fantasy world, 76ers draft Embiid, have Noel at the 4, sign Anthony to go along with MCW. Pick up a solid 2 and some quality bench guys and you have a sick defense with one of the best pure scorers in the game. Could actually work.

But again, fantasy. I guess the sixers don't want Embiid at all.

A ton of movable assets? They have the exact opposite of that. They also have no 2014 or 2016 pick.

A ton of movable assets? They have the exact opposite of that. They also have no 2014 or 2016 pick.

Stoudemire, Chandler and Bargnagni all come off the books after the 14/15 season. That frees up $50 million. It doesn't seem like teams are willing to trade for expiring contracts as much anymore, but that's certainly a possibility for the Knicks to move one of these guys before the deadline next year.