OT: Knicks Raymond Felton arrested on felony gun charges | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Knicks Raymond Felton arrested on felony gun charges

Stoudemire, Chandler and Bargnagni all come off the books after the 14/15 season. That frees up $50 million. It doesn't seem like teams are willing to trade for expiring contracts as much anymore, but that's certainly a possibility for the Knicks to move one of these guys before the deadline next year.

It doesn't totally free up 50 million; because they aren't right at the cap. They're like $25 million over it right now, give or take.

JR and Felton have player options for 2015-16, at a combined $10 million. They may end up letting Shump go, otherwise I bet he's making $6 million or so. Plus 3 million for Prigioni and Hardaway. You could be sitting on $20 million, plus whatever Melo signs for, which will probably be at least $20 million. So they could have around $25 million in cap space, depending on where the cap falls.

I would put the odds on the Knicks trading Bargnani or Amare at 0%. Those guys have no value. Chandler is a possibility.

I've wondered for a while if Love is even that good. At some point, a team with a star has to accidentally make the playoffs.

Won't happen, but would love to see Melo head to teams with young talent and cap space, ie Sixers, Magic, Jazz, Phoenix.

Stoudemire, Chandler and Bargnagni all come off the books after the 14/15 season. That frees up $50 million. It doesn't seem like teams are willing to trade for expiring contracts as much anymore, but that's certainly a possibility for the Knicks to move one of these guys before the deadline next year.

Expiring contracts, are at most, 1) a ticket to buy longer term contracts for a better but still really overpaid player that will burn you in the long run or 2) filler to match contracts when you also give up significant young assets or draft picks as well.

1) is what the knicks have done to get in trouble in the 2000's and recently in bargnani deal. 2) is not an option because the knicks lack picks or young players with value.

So a deal is not likely to happen. Hopefully the knicks have the common sense to avoid #1, and wait to fa... which is a crap shoot as well.

It doesn't totally free up 50 million; because they aren't right at the cap. They're like $25 million over it right now, give or take.

JR and Felton have player options for 2015-16, at a combined $10 million. They may end up letting Shump go, otherwise I bet he's making $6 million or so. Plus 3 million for Prigioni and Hardaway. You could be sitting on $20 million, plus whatever Melo signs for, which will probably be at least $20 million. So they could have around $25 million in cap space, depending on where the cap falls.

I would put the odds on the Knicks trading Bargnani or Amare at 0%. Those guys have no value. Chandler is a possibility.

Chandler is a possibility. Sort of like a gortat- Okafor type deal, and you pick up a pick. IF chandler ups his game a bit next season. Bargs and Stoudemire have negative value. You can't find matching contracts that hurt the team more than those two. Total liabilities.

The expiring contracts seem to have lost value with the new CBA. Like I said earlier, I think Bargs and Stat have negative trade value.

I've wondered for a while if Love is even that good. At some point, a team with a star has to accidentally make the playoffs.

Won't happen, but would love to see Melo head to teams with young talent and cap space, ie Sixers, Magic, Jazz, Phoenix.

Probably fair on Love; his team always seems to suffer injuries and the west is better, but you'd think they could sneak into the playoffs once, right?

I might actually get to see the Sixers next week when I'm in OKC. Work will be tough, but I think I should make the time.

Hey, no updates on your own potato tracker? I had a nice little night on Sunday in a losing effort - 4 for 8 from 3 and 16 points overall.

I might actually get to see the Sixers next week when I'm in OKC. Work will be tough, but I think I should make the time.

Hey, no updates on your own potato tracker? I had a nice little night on Sunday in a losing effort - 4 for 8 from 3 and 16 points overall.
My game is tomorrow night.

That's a pretty general statement and not entirely true.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_the_United_States_by_state
Either way one of the things he was charged with was possessing a gun he wasn't registered to have. Which means either the gun was registered to someone else or it wasn't registered at all.

Not really a general statement at all. The only two states with ridiculous gun laws are NY and Cali. Although in this case it does not sound like the gun was registered. This is different from Plax b/c you can't conceal carry at all in NYC unless you are a political figure or movie star with lots of $$. Hows that saying go? Do as I say not as I do? Only in NYOh Lord

Did you hear, Felton's defense att. has moved to dismiss all charges against his client because everyone knows he can't shoot anyway.

Who's to say that gun was his if it wasn't registered. She should have charged with possession if she brought it down to the police station instead of having the police pick it up at her home or even his.

She is going to get a divorce so there is he possibility of making herself look like the saint.