OT - Liverpool Golf Club | Syracusefan.com

OT - Liverpool Golf Club

shandeezy7

Living Legend
Rumor has it that it has been sold and it will be turned into a housing development. Got this info second hand. Anyone hear anything similar?

Rumor has it that it has been sold and it will be turned into a housing development. Got this info second hand. Anyone hear anything similar?

October of this year. I heard the number was close to $4 million

Hate that track and good riddance to it

Sadly just Supply and Demand...CNY has an oversupply of golf courses.

On the bright side, one thing Central New York has too little of is tract housing in an outlying location.

So that's nice.

October of this year. I heard the number was close to $4 million

Hate that track and good riddance to it

Agreed.

Only time I used to play it was when it was the first course open early in the spring and there would be 20 groups in line at the first tee.

Come to think of it, the workers and starters were so bad there that there was almost always a backup at the first tee.

Kind of bums me out. I grew up in Hollyrood and used to play Liverpool CC all the time. Many fond memories of hitting cars driving down Morgan Road. One of my other great memories was playing there before my buddy's wedding, first time he'd ever been on a course so he was quite the hack. 1st hole he connects with one from the fairway and hits a guy on the #2 tee right in the head. My buddy started running away he thought he'd killed the guy. We finally chased him down hiding in the parking lot and convinced him to keep playing. Very dangerous course as there were many hacks there (myself included in my younger days) and with the back and forth holes it seemed like you were in danger from 3-4 other holes on every shot. A couple of my friends that were stupid enough to get married in their teens had their reception there so I got to enjoy the course for more than golf. One special friend and I made it through (on?) 5 different greens one night. Oh to be 19 with a bottle Yukon Jack in one hand and lovely lass in the other! Or was that Drumlins during prom? Now that I think about it I think it was both! Schwing!

Attachments

• waynes-world-schwing.jpg
    waynes-world-schwing.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 59
Sadly just Supply and Demand...CNY has an oversupply of golf courses.
Liverpool was popular and made money. The problem here is that the family that owned the course is old and wants out and the land is prime real estate for a housing development.

It will remain open until October of 2014. Great course to play when it has been raining, it drains really well. And a great course to play in the winter, as it never closed. Orchard Valli is going to get a lot more traffic in the winter than it used to.

This really is too bad. Liverpool serves a need. Its a nice course if you want to play a quick round (on a whim) and its challenging enough to keep good golfers interested, while forgiving enough for hacks.

However, it was only a matter of time before it was sold. That property is simply in too good a location.

$4 million is a steal for that land.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom