OT: Man alive, this storm is legit | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Man alive, this storm is legit

I have a small snowblower and it took me an hour just now to do our driveway when it normally takes 15 minutes. I pity anyone who has to attack this mess with a shovel.

post pics!!
image.jpg

thats a nearly 7ft tall snow pile from the plowed snow at my office parking lot, mostly from today

My wife is pissed at me because I'm away on business in a warmer climate. No shoveling for THIS guy! ;)

My son better find his long john's, Timberlands and ski mask. She's gunnin for him.

The sins of the father are so often visited upon the son...

rake you roof, last thing u want is the snow leaking in your house when it all melts

I have a small snowblower and it took me an hour just now to do our driveway when it normally takes 15 minutes. I pity anyone who has to attack this mess with a shovel.

Only 21 degrees here in VT so the snow is a beautiful light powder that is going to be so much fun to ride tomorrow and Friday.

ur wish is my command the other side of the building
nice.

i used to love it when the City would be paralyzed, but after this winter...im ready for lying down on the grass.

if there is any left....

Would love to be cutting out early along with my entire office.

But I have a court appearance at 2:00 p.m. It's a mess down here and getting worse by the minute.

good luck in court otto. i hope you get off, man.

School was closed early and many of the roads were closed by sheriffs on the way home... Looking forward to golf season!

I've been for two walks already today, snapping pictures. The wind in my little area of Syracuse has not been strong yet. Roads and driveways are not plowed.

I love the snow! (Sorry) But I could stay home today and didn't need to drive, so that affects the perception.

It sure does.

Wow, I'm sorry I drove to work today. That was probably the worst commute I've experienced. Car travel is not safe right now. If there's ever a day to walk instead of drive, this is it.

Oh, and I found the courthouse closed after I slogged across downtown in the snow. Quite a day.

School was closed early and many of the roads were closed by sheriffs on the way home... Looking forward to golf season!
I-81 "impassable" and closed near Nedrow and Fulton just declared snow emergency (no unnecessary travel/no one supposed to be on the roads outside of emergency personel fyi). Beautiful Fing winter...I share Marshes thoughts...

http://m.localsyr.com/display/1112/story/b2cb4bfdd82844e65d2cdcb030acabc1

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2014/03/fulton_declares_snow_emergency_1.html

Last edited:
Been snowing here in Akron for the last few hours. I was expecting worse. It's not too cold so it was raining/sleeting for awhile early on while the temp was in the high 30s. I've been keeping tabs on weather back home ('cuse), kind of wish I could be back to watch it all go down.

and only getting worse up here in the Cuse. Thought we'd get a storm thread going with how it is where you are as up here it's looking to be the "Big storm" of the season. THANK GOD it's March and it will start melting by this weekend. Longest, worst winter since I moved back to the Cuse in the mid 90's.

Edit: Oops meant to post this as OT

We have about 8-10 inches on the ground in Camillus, as of about 4 PM Wednesday. I'm kind of surprised that this is for real, too. I figured maybe we'd get 6-10 inches total. This seems like it's going to keep coming down for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if it tops a foot by morning.

Sorry Marsh, but I needed to take off my vest and get down to just my golf shirt at noontime on the course. :D

Don't ever think Syracuse is the only place to work and live.

realorange said:
Sorry Marsh, but I needed to take off my vest and get down to just my golf shirt at noontime on the course. :D Don't ever think Syracuse is the only place to work and live.[/QUOTE
You godamn bastard