OT: Man alive, this storm is legit | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Man alive, this storm is legit

It is 74 partly cloudy and bit windy here in Panama City FL...could hit golf balls on my property...if i played golf...

Roads in Skaneateles are horrid. When will this BS end? I need to play golf.
Hey Rocco.. Roads are terrible here. Where do you play golf... at the Country Club probably... you'll have to invite me there sometime.
[/quote]
What is this "snow" stuff everyone is talking about?

Not a great thing to say to us today. If you weren't my son I'd invent a dislike button!!

SkanSU said:
Hey Rocco.. Roads are terrible here. Where do you play golf... at the Country Club probably... you'll have to invite me there sometime.

Not a great thing to say to us today. If you weren't my son I'd invent a dislike button!![/QUOTE]

Not worried about a dislike button...people have been asking for one for years...mods havent gotten around to it yet...

I was going to be nice and not post an Arizona weather report, but saw the Florida ones. I really feel for you all. It has been a horrid winter, and has made me sure that I made the right move 4 years ago. I do love snow, and at least at this time you know it is short lived, and warmth is right around the corner.
My mother used to always talk about a St. Patrick's day snow storm every year. She said we always got a big one within a week of St. Paddy's day. Since she pointed this fact out (which was the year of my son's bar mitzvah on March 13, and sure enough there was a snow storm the next day which was 15 years ago), I have paid attention, and you know what??? My Mother was right. Almost every year.

Eh, I guess I don't see the big deal. Today is pretty much just like any other day we get a bunch of snow.

The only difference is the 50 degree weather yesterday.

One week until I'm in florida though, so that's helping.

Meh ive seen worse.

Btw if i hear anyone complain that its too hot this summer i will literally whale on you repeatedly in the face. I am serious. Women; men, children; grandmothers. I dont care. In the face.
I think it was too hot...today! ;)

Love the cold weather. All the companies were getting out early so I stayed until my normal time. 81N was bad but no traffic so less stressful. Now a beer.

Yep same here, we're already nearing a foot of this with another foot to come they say. GD snowblower was inching over and making it's way to its summer location...GD winter says, not so fast my friend
Oh Lord:eek::bang:
At this rate, you may not see your camp until Memorial Day weekend .

Raining really hard here in Southport, CT... but temp is 45 degrees. Just hope weather gets settled enough by tomorrow because I am planning to fly to Greensboro.

Solid storm. Got about 10" in Camillus. Still not too horrible. We've seen way worse. Plus is going to "warm up" Fri & Saturday and a lot of it will melt again. Oh and to those golfing now, have fun in July when youre trying to sneak in 9 before noon when its 100 deg...(That's for you Marsh!)

BomberOrange said:
Solid storm. Got about 10" in Camillus. Still not too horrible. We've seen way worse. Plus is going to "warm up" Fri & Saturday and a lot of it will melt again. Oh and to those golfing now, have fun in July when youre trying to sneak in 9 before noon when its 100 deg...(That's for you Marsh!)

Thanks partner. As much as i hate winter we have the best summers in the country

Not a great thing to say to us today. If you weren't my son I'd invent a dislike button!![/quote]

Yes I do. Owasco is my home course though.

Brrrr...it's gonna get cold here tonight (low 40s)...even colder tomorrow night (30s)...May have to start a fire in the fireplace...wish I had a wood burning stove..

Schools on the western outskirts of Syracuse are already on a two hour delay for Thursday. I've shoveled three time in Camillus today. I'm guessing at least a foot of snow. It's wet and heavy.

Thanks partner. As much as i hate winter we have the best summers in the country
my saying has always been, 7 months out of the year it's the best place to live in the country...

image.jpg

and the other 5 months keeps the riff raff out!

Last edited:
At this rate, you may not see your camp until Memorial Day weekend .
got it heated, water in and usable in the winter, been going up all winter...

image.jpg

cannot believe only an hour north of the Cuse can make such a difference in the weather! Much worse up there, brutal cold and amount of snow. Neighbors say first time in years its totally frozen up there with the worst winter in a 20 years.

Guess it is time to be #hardnosed about the weather!

My mother too.

Seriously winter is a god damn 5 month prison sentence. I hope its 120 in the shade with massive droughts all summer.

And massive draughts.
Picture%20971-thumb-500x282-22985.png

It was mid/high 60's here today in Baltimore. It is kind of windy now though. :(

Stupid weather.

Thursday's high is supposed to be 16 degrees. The average high for March 13th is 42 degrees. If 16 turns out to be the high, it will be the third time this year that the actual high was 26 degree less than the average. For the year we will be "owed" 333 degrees by Mother Nature, (I'd like it back in the spring, please, not the summer). We've had 25 days at the average high or above, 47 of them below by an net average of 5 degrees a day.

Thursday's high is supposed to be 16 degrees. The average high for March 13th is 42 degrees. If 16 turns out to be the high, it will be the third time this year that the actual high was 26 degree less than the average. For the year we will be "owed" 333 degrees by Mother Nature, (I'd like it back in the spring, please, not the summer). We've had 25 days at the average high or above, 47 of them below by an net average of 5 degrees a day.
This post brought to you by Meteorologist SWC75. ;)

High 40's, lower 50's here, the big problem is the rapid melt and the attendant run off. Turbidity is threatening to shut down the water system.

As bad as I've seen it in northern saratoga county. It's not so much the snow accumulations, but the freezing rain and sleet for two hours on top of six inches of snow followed by another 8/10 inches of snow. Wicked windy and frigid. Lights flickered a couple times thankfully we didn't lose power.

Snowblower usually takes 15/20 minutes to do a spotless cleanup, last night took me an hour to do a half ased job and when I was done there was already another inch in the ground.

got it heated, water in and usable in the winter, been going up all winter...

View attachment 8922

cannot believe only an hour north of the Cuse can make such a difference in the weather! Much worse up there, brutal cold and amount of snow. Neighbors say first time in years its totally frozen up there with the worst winter in a 20 years.

Lake Champlain iced completely over this year for the first time since 2007.

We got 18 inches up here in Burlington.

I need to hit the mountain!