OT - Maryland / Friedgen / Edsall soap opera | Syracusefan.com

OT - Maryland / Friedgen / Edsall soap opera

orangenirvana

Hall of Fame
Pretty funny stuff.

Edsall being Edsall, blaming others (in this case, Friedgen and his staff) for losses.

"It takes time, especially if young people aren't used to being held accountable. Or they're not used to doing things correctly all the time. I'm not throwing anyone under the bus, I'm just telling the truth.

"The process is making sure everything is done right academically, because when I got here, after three days I was told we were losing scholarships because of poor academic performance.

"I'm making sure these kids understand the rules, because we ended up losing 2 1/2 hours off of practice time during the season because of violations that occurred here previously. It's making sure kids understand the code of conduct and how we expect them to behave, because we've had three guys get suspended already."

Now granted, there is an element of truth to what Edsall is saying. But he also took over a healthy, Top 25 caliber team (if not necessarily program) and the most improved team in the nation from 2009 to 2010.

Friedgen isn't too happy with his alma mater. In fact, he's done with them.

"I’ve burned my diploma."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom