Class of 2016 - OT Michael Clark (PA) SIGNED LOI | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OT Michael Clark (PA) SIGNED LOI

From what I have read Reese is being recruited as an OG and Clark is a OT so we should still take Reese.
I hope you are right because he is another hugh body, a little of a project but he will be a stud. Clark and Reese would make one heck of a foundation. Remember these kids are only 17, 18, or 19 yrs old. When they get into our S&C it will be awesome. I just hope we get Reese or offer the Swenson kid.

rackman18 said:
I hope you are right because he is another hugh body, a little of a project but he will be a stud. Clark and Reese would make one heck of a foundation. Remember these kids are only 17, 18, or 19 yrs old. When they get into our S&C it will be awesome. I just hope we get Reese or offer the Swenson kid.
Don't forget Heckle, Servais, and O'Sullivan! Plus I'm still a huge fan of last year's OL recruits, we are young and deep on the line.

Don't forget Heckle, Servais, and O'Sullivan! Plus I'm still a huge fan of last year's OL recruits, we are young and deep on the line.
Yes you are right SWFCUSE, don't forget them, you put the other two with them and you just about have a complete O-Line. lol

I agree. Last years line and this line will go a long way to bring in the skill players.

Yeah I believe this does not impact Reese at all. I've really loved the emphasis that Babers and his staff have put on O Line. We've had depth problems for 5 years at least so I'm hopeful we can finally put that to bed.

Outside of maybe 5 guys nationally all offensive lineman are projects.

CuseLegacy said:
691018551679909888 Free Video
For those keeping score, SU ended up swapping Noel Brouse for Michael Clark. Two OTs from Pennsylvania. Both made the Class AAAA PA first team. But Clark is 6'7 1/2 and Brouse is 6'4 1/2. Clark is 15 pounds heavier. That added height makes fir a higher ceiling. He has a great chance to play LT for Syracuse for Few years.

I think this was a trade that was worth making.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/363278142.html

For those keeping score, SU ended up swapping Noel Brouse for Michael Clark. Two OTs from Pennsylvania. Both made the Class AAAA PA first team. But Clark is 6'7 1/2 and Brouse is 6'4 1/2. Clark is 15 pounds heavier. That added height makes fir a higher ceiling. He has a great chance to play LT for Syracuse for Few years.

I think this was a trade that was worth making.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/363278142.html

Jo-El Shaw was also a first team LB on the Class AAAA team. Jo-El Shaw, Woodland Hills -- 6-2, 235 senior

Not a bad haul to get 2 first team Pennsylvania AAAA players.

Jo-El Shaw was also a first team LB on the Class AAAA team. Jo-El Shaw, Woodland Hills -- 6-2, 235 senior

Not a bad haul to get 2 first team Pennsylvania AAAA players.

Just think about what this staff might be able to do with a full year recruiting cycle?

Crazy that they have been able to get kids that on paper are better than commits we had had for a long period of time.

Still need to prove it on the field, but very excited for the future.

I like these quotes in article above -

"Just everything," Clark said. "The coaches, the campus, the guys on the team, the academics and the history of the school and the program. SU has also been a dream school since I was 10.

"The first time I saw the move The Express, I wanted to play at Syracuse. It's always been my dream."

Based on that it seems that Mahoney is staying. I wonder if he is getting a scholarship or if he'll still be a walk on.
Don't be surprised to see Zack make the 3-deep. The kid is a winner.

Based on that it seems that Mahoney is staying. I wonder if he is getting a scholarship or if he'll still be a walk on.
I don't think we will have room on the team this year to give him one, unless we have some surprise transfers.

I'd have to think Mahoney's got a scholly coming to him if he's hosting. What kind of host would he be if he didn't? If it were me I'd be telling all of 'em,"Naw, you don't wanna come here, it sucks here." LOL.

And in all fairness, he absolutely deserves one, if they did put him on scholly then Kudos to HCDB for doing this.

Don't be surprised to see Zack make the 3-deep. The kid is a winner.
Especially if he can improve his accuracy.
I would substitute ONLY for especially ;-)

It wouldn't surprised me in the least. He seemed to improve one skill or another every week last season.