OT-MNF Damar Hamlin emergency | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

OT-MNF Damar Hamlin emergency

And surprisingly (at least to me), he's not going to a rehab facility but is going home. :)

He could be an outpatient at a rehab facility but it sounds like he may rehab with the Bills.

And surprisingly (at least to me), he's not going to a rehab facility but is going home. :)

He didn’t have a heart attack. I don’t think there would be anything to rehab.

honestly working in the biz and having a large knowledge base on all things heart related with my own weird not routine heart issues over the years, this is not surprising at all with such a young healthy kid as I speculated about with past posts.

Once they rule out any underlying disorders of any type, at all, he's good to go, meaning this is a one off crazy rare deal with absolutely nothing in his medical history or current situational circumstance to account for this nor contribute to it. A rare true case of Commotio Cordis. With no underlying conditions to worry about and the heart rhythm normal, and most importantly no damage from the incident he's good to go.

What it means to me is that they went above and beyond with the on the field care, keeping the heart, brain and other organs perfused with an adequate blood and thus oxygen supply through the CPR (chest compressions) they did and that they must've got the AED on him so quick that it re-established a good enough heart rate and rhythm to allow, again, no damage etc. Really just amazing. And Theoretically he's no more in danger than any other player now as far as I'm aware.

Translation: we're gonna see him in the stadium sooner vs. later so that he may feel he's really getting beyond this with it all in the rear view mirror now for him. Gonna be just nuts if that occurs this weekend, just beyond nuts cool. And would not be surprised to see him back playing next year, just crazy.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom