OT: Noah Syndergaard dumps on Syracuse ... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Noah Syndergaard dumps on Syracuse ...

Have you ever been to Shea, or now Citifield on opening day, or anytime in early April? It's typically like an icebox. Maybe there is some logic to it.
That said, Syracuse is not exactly a major-leaguers idea of an exciting city to visit . . . nor mine . . . although I have to say my college years there were some of the best and most fun times of my life. Yeah baby!

Last edited:
Have you ever been to Shea, or now Citifield on opening day, or anytime in early April? It's typically like an icebox. Maybe there is some logic to it.
That said, Syracuse is not exactly a major leaguers' idea of an exciting city to visit . . . nor mine . . . although I have to say my college years there were some of the best and most fun times of my life. Yeah baby!

Have to layer up in April. I went one time and left before the sixth inning.

Start the season in May and end it in September...meaning the playoffs.

Cold weather baseball is stupid for everybody.

And adjust everybody’s salaries to the shorter season.

Start the season in May and end it in September...meaning the playoffs.

Cold weather baseball is stupid for everybody.

And adjust everybody’s salaries to the shorter season.

The union would never agree but it's stupid how many early season games are postponed due to weather

To help the cancellations and keep season the same just have opening week games in Tampa, Toronto, Houston, Oakland, LA Angels, Texas, Seattle, SF, SD, LA Dodgers, Miami, Milwaukee, Arizona, Atlanta. That's 14 indoor/warmer weather stadiums. For the 15th home game on the schedule you'll have to roll the dice.

In what way does he rip Syracuse? Oh. The dome has the same facilities that Citi field does? News to me. It’s silly. They have to be in Washington for a day game on Thursday. They shouldn’t be in Syracuse on Tuesday. Point blank period

I generally agree, but when asked exactly what was so important in New York, he gave a seriously empty-headed millenial answer. Something something apartment, routine, blah blah.

It's good PR. It's a PITA for the players. Syndergaard's got my sympathy for this onerous detour, but a) shut up and b) when you're asked for some concrete reasons why you don't want to make this trip, come up with something other than "I don't wanna."

That's your takeaway from his comments? Last I checked, his job is to go out and pitch every fifth game. He's complaining about flying from florida to Syracuse for a workout and then flying to washington for their opening game.
The Yankees used to complain about coming up for their annual game against the Chiefs also and that game was during the summer.

Yep. And that's why teams don't play a summertime game in Cooperstown anymore, either. Too many snowflakes on rosters whose opinions (and whose agents' opinions) suddenly matter to the front office.

It's a minor inconvenience. What's the alternative - hold the team in St. Lucie until Wednesday and then fly to Washington? Fly them to New York for a couple days and then Amtrak/fly to Washington on Wednesday? I don't see spending a day making your boss happy in Syracuse and taking a 30-minute (charter, right?) flight to DCA on Wednesday as being that physically or mentally taxing. Noah: it's late March; it's a work day. Go to work.

Last edited:
I wonder when these idiots disconnect completely from polite society - they must have been somewhat normal functioning humans at some point in their lives...even if it was at like 14 years old.

If they were football or basketball kids, maybe.

Baseball - they have weird parents and get into specialized training at way too young an age. They might not have been normal for a very long time.

Hard to argue with him. I wish major league teams still played exhibitions with minor league teams. I'd rather see them at the ballpark than the Carrier Dome. A meet and greet at destiny would make more sense than this.

I generally agree, but when asked exactly what was so important in New York, he gave a seriously empty-headed millenial answer. Something something apartment, routine, blah blah.

It's good PR. It's a PITA for the players. Syndergaard's got my sympathy for this onerous detour, but a) shut up and b) when you're asked for some concrete reasons why you don't want to make this trip, come up with something other than "I don't wanna."
He's got about the same attitude of gratitude as Homer Simpson.

Not much is above your pay grade! For the money they get...shut up
and do as your told. 1%er snowflake.

Hard to argue with him. I wish major league teams still played exhibitions with minor league teams. I'd rather see them at the ballpark than the Carrier Dome. A meet and greet at destiny would make more sense than this.

I'd argue all day. Is this really that impactful? Are you not used to travel? Are the hotel beds not expected to be up to par? I mean, you're paid quite handsomely, and you're employer scheduled something for you.

The 3 hour bus ride is the one thing I feel really bad about. I mean, nobody should have to sit on a bus. Nobody. Poor fellow. :(

If you're unhappy about the travel, because you're a very delicate flower, then just leave it at that and say you'd be excited to go to Syracuse but would prefer the timing was better.

If you're talking amenities, well, no city without a MLB team is going to have the amenities you want that are baseball related, so you're talking about something else...in a city you admit having never been to. Shut up and be nice. haha

Maybe Noah Syndergaard can start publishing a series a books where Noah Syndergaard reviews the amenities available to Noah Syndergaard in cities he's never been to, and cars he's never driven, or been in, etc...

It would be quite helpful. I'd read it as long as he refers to himself in the third person.

Are they going to be working out at the dome?

Thanks, Noah. You'll be looking up in the standings to the Phils, Braves and Nats. Only Jeter's tankers will save you from last place. We'll see you rehabbing in Syracuse sometime this summer after getting injured again. That's OK, the weather will be nice in the summer.

wish i had a good snappy comeback for him. and by "snappy comeback" i mean a hard line drive right back to his balls ala the phillies game.

It's the Mets. Who cares? He's a whiner and too big to help his minor league counterparts. That said, Go Yankees!

Reactions: cto