OT: Pay forum needed for sure | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Pay forum needed for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't make the chat function a part of the pay side - I was not fond of that.

And IMHO, the amount of content found on the pay part of the board was not equal to its cost of $100/yr. There are so many free sources of information today, that it's hard to justify the cost based on pure information.

And I'll point out that many of the questions people want answers on, Jake could not answer himself in the chat room last night. And that's not a slam against Jake, it's just a fact that there does not exist an all knowing guru on this site. So the people who sign up for the payside expecting to get a lot of insider info.unavailable elsewhere may find themselves disappointed.

As others have said, I'd be OK with a pay side if the purpose is to keep the forum going and its cost is reasonable - say $25-50.

I tried the pay side for Tobias Harris...not worth it.

Sometimes I think the pay side is less for recruiting info than it is for some posters to have their own little private club.

A pay-side is only going to divide the board.
Disagree... in the past, the pay side has just been for insider information and recruiting insights that should be kept in a more moderated forum. The moderation keeps the discussion to a minimum. The pay really just compensates the moderators for keeping it a cleaner forum. That said, the free side would change more than it is right now... it's meant to be an open discussion forum and shoudln't require as much time from the admins

Not advocating a pay site...tried it on the old board a couple of years ago. For me it wasn't something that I felt I needed...but in defense of one of the most informed posters on this site...he did post at 8:35, before Noel did his thing, that he heard a last minute push was put on by Kentucky..and Kentucky looked to be the choice.

So the Georgetown prediction was trumped. Things happen.

And Noel's decision was leaked at 8:15 on twitter by people who saw the haircut in the studio. This wasn't hard knowledge to find.

Disagree... in the past, the pay side has just been for insider information and recruiting insights that should be kept in a more moderated forum.

Sounds like more of a problem with the mods, than with the posters.

"outlash"..."operationable"...maybe a grammar forum is needed more than a pay site. :p
No, outlash, sudden burst of posts reacting to the misinformation or changing information that was posted by trusted sources. Not sure operationable really works there.

But is the pay side going to have?
imagesCA3LMONE.jpg
;)

Sounds like more of a problem with the mods, than with the posters.
No, don't believe we should have 30 admins to moderate the 100 posts every 5 minutes telling our sources they are not credible. The latter is more detrimental than beneficial. The former would also be more cumbersome having 30 people regulate the forum on a regular basis. Not sure we have 30 people qualified, including myself.

I was on the pay side at the other site and enjoyed it. It was much more respectful and there were lots of bits of info that were interesting to me that would not be posted on the free side. The way that I see it is that if you don't want to pay, don't. This side will still be active (I assume). It will not impact people at all that don't wish to pay, so why all the criticism?

There will be a pay side when the time comes that we gave everything in place. People that don't want to join can just post here. Others that want content, recruit articles, other info etc can join. It will also bw more heavily moderated.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Thanks for follow up Rick. I hadn't heard of anything further about the topic, so your post is insightful and appreciated.

Please don't make the chat function a part of the pay side - I was not fond of that.

And IMHO, the amount of content found on the pay part of the board was not equal to its cost of $100/yr. There are so many free sources of information today, that it's hard to justify the cost based on pure information.

And I'll point out that many of the questions people want answers on, Jake could not answer himself in the chat room last night. And that's not a slam against Jake, it's just a fact that there does not exist an all knowing guru on this site. So the people who sign up for the payside expecting to get a lot of insider info.unavailable elsewhere may find themselves disappointed.

As others have said, I'd be OK with a pay side if the purpose is to keep the forum going and its cost is reasonable - say $25-50.

LOL Jake answered just about every question people asked him last night, not sure what you are talking about. ALso I would think the chat option will become for premium members only just like it is on every other SU fan site. No ones forcing you to join but dont whine when some functions go over to the pay side.

A pay-side is only going to divide the board.

LOL no its not, its going to provide a place where those who want to share information with a limited number of people can go and not have every person with a computer see it.

Once the pay site is operational, maybe people will drift back to the other free sites? Sounds ok to me.

Those other sites are dead, a payboard here isnt going to change that.

I liked the pay site on the previous forum. It was cleaner and a more mature site than this currently is. Don't get me wrong. This site is great, but some of the posts are childish.

I disagree. Over the past 5-8 years there has been an abundance of "insider" info posted. I got my money's worth.

Think of it as Cable TV. Some people have basic cable. Some people pay extra for all the bells and whistles. And some people are content with only the free channels they receive OTA.

If you don't want to pay for Mad Men or Boardwalk Empire, to each his own.

Exactly, jake got it right in the end like always...noels people duped pretty much everyone involved

The media was overwhelmingly stating that Kentucky was his choice. The top 12 recruits had him going to Kentucky 9-3. His AAU team mate had him going to KU. The signs were there.

Not sure I would see a benefit to paying for the right information 22 minutes before it's announced nationally.

I

I liked the pay site on the previous forum. It was cleaner and a more mature site than this currently is. Don't get me wrong. This site is great, but some of the posts are childish.

the issue is that the majority of people (myself included) will not pay. I apologize to anyone that is offended by this, but it is like an exclusive country club - but instead of getting great golf, tennis and food you get an internet forum.

The media was overwhelmingly stating that Kentucky was his choice. The top 12 recruits had him going to Kentucky 9-3. His AAU team mate had him going to KU. The signs were there.

Not sure I would see a benefit to paying for the right information 22 minutes before it's announced nationally.

I

The media definitely swayed towards gtown, thamel. Borzello, fraschilla, goodman, seth davis were all saying gtown...jake is as good as it gets

LOL no its not, its going to provide a place where those who want to share information with a limited number of people can go and not have every person with a computer see it.

Which is stupid. If someone wants the info bad enough, they'll get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.