OT: Pay forum needed for sure | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Pay forum needed for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
The media was overwhelmingly stating that Kentucky was his choice. The top 12 recruits had him going to Kentucky 9-3. His AAU team mate had him going to KU. The signs were there.

Not sure I would see a benefit to paying for the right information 22 minutes before it's announced nationally.

I

:bang:

the issue is that the majority of people (myself included) will not pay. I apologize to anyone that is offended by this, but it is like an exclusive country club - but instead of getting great golf, tennis and food you get an internet forum.

Actually a majority of people will pay, again if you dont want to then dont but stop comparing it to an exclusive country club, if the Admins here wanted this free board and all the info the insiders get wouldnt be here. No one is trying to start an exclusive club.

Actually a majority of people will pay, again if you dont want to then dont but stop comparing it to an exclusive country club, if the Admins here wanted this free board and all the info the insiders get wouldnt be here. No one is trying to start an exclusive club.
Actually I don't think a majority will pay. Some of the people that post will go some won't but most people that lurk won't go

i went 5 years with having the best football information you could possibly have - no one, not even jake had better info. usually the same but it couldnt have been better. i posted it on the free side only to get chastised by bees (love ya bees. i aint mad at ya, just disproving the payside need) or just on a different forum where plenty of syracusefan lurkers still post. sure there will be good posters who pay, but there will be more good posters who wont and many who may leave.

and I am pretty sure this was my 1st time ever comparing it to a country club, fyi.

The media definitely swayed towards gtown, thamel. Borzello, fraschilla, goodman, seth davis were all saying gtown...jake is as good as it gets

Not claiming Jake doesn't know his stuff. I would have bet $500 that NN wasnt going to KU on his post alone.He's been solid on most posts. This was a whiff. It's ok no one is perfect. Tough to predict what an 18 year old will do. Especially one who likes the attention.

If we were all friends sitting around having a beer and talking about this, we would certainly bust on Jake a bit. Doesn't mean we don't appreciate him.

Just saying we all saw what we wanted to. I think we hoped MCW and his relationship with Hop was enough to come here and compete with 2 McDAAs for pt . KU is probably a better fit for him.

I'll take DC2 and be very happy.

i went 5 years with having the best football information you could possibly have - no one, not even jake had better info. usually the same but it couldnt have been better. i posted it on the free side only to get chastised by bees (love ya bees. i aint mad at ya, just disproving the payside need) or just on a different forum where plenty of syracusefan lurkers still post.

Did your "inside" source within the football program care that everything he told you was going to be made public?

Did he even know?

Kind of embarassing for him if the wrong stuff leaked out, don't you think.

During the 2002-2003 season, the old board had the chat function available for all. Then it went away only available to those who paid the $100. I would prefer that the chat function not be pay only. If you want to set up a separate pay chat room and a separate free chat room, that might work. But I'd prefer to have everyone together.

One point that has not been brought up so far is the possibility of an economic divide here as well. For some paying $100 on the old site was no big deal. For others paying $100 is a big deal.

Did your "inside" source within the football program care that everything he told you was going to be made public?

Did he even know?

Kind of embarassing for him if the wrong stuff leaked out, don't you think.

and a payside would stop anything?

pay side would be great. hard to believe people bashing a poster for his inside info no matter how the decision turns out.

1. I would pay my fair share for maintenance of the free site. I really have no idea what the site takes to run. Is it more than a couple thousand a year? Does any know the operating costs? I also think a "contributor" icon in one's profile would spur people to donate, whether out of obligation or shame.

2. I agree that a pay site would be detrimental to the free side. What if someone had "inside information" about a relevant topic that's being discussed on the pay board, but that person was not a premium member? If he/she posts that info on the free board, my understanding is that the person gets scolded for sharing the info with the peasants, even though he's not part of the aristocracy. Thus, info is stifled at the source.

3. What I would pay for, in addition to upkeep/maintenance, is a board that is well organized and moderated in terms of thread topics. I don't think it need to be as restrictive of other sites which essentially prevent creation of new threads, but there needs to be a better way to navigate through the morass of similarly-intended threads.

pay side would be great. hard to believe people bashing a poster for his inside info no matter how the decision turns out.

I don't think the "bashing", as you put it, is/was reflective of the fact that the information was wrong until the the eleventh hour. It was the implication that the information was wrong solely because of cheating by UK.

1. I would pay my fair share for maintenance of the free site. I really have no idea what the site takes to run. Is it more than a couple thousand a year? Does any know the operating costs? I also think a "contributor" icon in one's profile would spur people to donate, whether out of obligation or shame.

2. I agree that a pay site would be detrimental to the free side. What if someone had "inside information" about a relevant topic that's being discussed on the pay board, but that person was not a premium member? If he/she posts that info on the free board, my understanding is that the person gets scolded for sharing the info with the peasants, even though he's not part of the aristocracy. Thus, info is stifled at the source.

3. What I would pay for, in addition to upkeep/maintenance, is a board that is well organized and moderated in terms of thread topics. I don't think it need to be as restrictive of other sites which essentially prevent creation of new threads, but there needs to be a better way to navigate through the morass of similarly-intended threads.

why not create a free but invite only info side where the admins (have more admins if need be) approve the poster (must have 500 posts or something like that to qualify)

why not create a free but invite only info side where the admins (have more admins if need be) approve the poster (must have 500 posts or something like that to qualify)

Then it becomes a game of "how well liked are you?".

its already in progress.

im in charge of the invites.

a lot of people are going to be dissapointed...

Oh Lord

Anyone who wants to pay for it can, its obviously you dont want to which is fine but its going to happen regardless.

Instead of "Death of a Salesman", it would be "Death of a Cusefan"

Act One:

Willy Loman: Tell me Mod, is Igor liked? He only has 21 posts, but he does have 5 likes, which is almost 24% .

Moderator: Well, Willy, he's liked. But he's not well-liked.

Willy: Oh. I see. I wouldn't admit him to the private site then. He may get better grades in school, but I think Bjorn
will be more successful in life because he's "well-liked", with over 117 likes.

Actually I don't think a majority will pay. Some of the people that post will go some won't but most people that lurk won't go
I don't think a majority of posters will pay to go to a pay site with the intention of getting inside-info, recruiting updates, etc. I do believe that a majority of posters would pay a nominal sum in order to support the overall site. If the nominal sum was on the order of $25/year I would have no problem in converting the entire board to such a pay site.

I don't think a majority of posters will pay to go to a pay site with the intention of getting inside-info, recruiting updates, etc. I do believe that a majority of posters would pay a nominal sum in order to support the overall site. If the nominal sum was on the order of $25/year I would have no problem in converting the entire board to such a pay site.

I agree with that and in another post said I would donate money if it meant keeping the site going I just don't care for the whole pay side thing. I didn't like it at the other site either. Just my 2 cents.

Instead of "Death of a Salesman", it would be "Death of a Cusefan"

Act One:

Willy Loman: Tell me Mod, is Igor liked? He only has 21 posts, but he does have 5 likes, which is almost 24% .

Moderator: Well, Willy, he's liked. But he's not well-liked.

Willy: Oh. I see. I wouldn't admit him to the private site then. He may get better grades in school, but I think Bjorn
will be more successful in life because he's "well-liked", with over 117 likes.

This is great stuff. If it's not too much trouble, please make this a regular feature. I can't imagine the well ever running dry. Maybe it could be tacked to the top the board.

I don't see the benefit in knowing where a teenager is going to school, a half hour before it is announced to the COUNTRY on national t.v. Again, this is an internet forum. Few of us here have met one another. I come to this site because I enjoy reading through all of the threads--the serious ones and the off topic ones. I like to see everyone's recap on games, etc.

Is recruiting important? Sure it is. Do I follow it more than the actual games? F no. In the end everyone will eventually know who is coming here. I'm not one to sit there and try to dissect every tweet or every "recruiting guru's" internet blog posts.

I have fun on this site. People need to chill a bit.

the site already has functionality that allows screening, for those who want to use it.

all that it lacks is thread view for better day-to-day use, and a tip jar to help pay for maintenance costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.