OT- Philly trades for Wroten | Syracusefan.com

OT- Philly trades for Wroten

Orange

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I live in Memphis and watch a good deal of Grizzlies games. Wroten struggled to get on the floor for a team that really needed a back up PG. His summer league performances this year were putrid.

I live in Memphis and watch a good deal of Grizzlies games. Wroten struggled to get on the floor for a team that really needed a back up PG. His summer league performances this year were putrid.

interesting - odd they would make a move for him then...

Wroten, to me, was one of the most fascinating prospects coming out of high school. Since, I've rapidly cooled on him. He's always good for an occasional highlight pass, but other than that he doesn't have elite PG instincts and appears to be going down the road of 2 guard. And for as much work MCW needs on his shot, he's Larry Bird compared to Wroten.

It's funny... MCW drew a lot of Wroten and Kendall Marshall comparisons from people when they were talking about this year's draft. Seems odd to me that you'd want to go to battle with 2 PGs that have basically the same strengths and weaknesses (besides MCW being a far better defender).

interesting - odd they would make a move for him then...
Not really. Philly just needs to fill out a roster. To the degree the players are cheap, won't possibly help them win this year and have *some* upside is great.

I remember once upon a time when a lot of members on the board were ticked off that the staff decided to accept a commitment from an unknown 3-star bum name MCW and bypass Wroten, who kept tweeting about his love for SU even when the staff wasn't recruiting him lol. I think the staff made the right choice in that one.