OT. Post your pet pic | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

OT. Post your pet pic

Just opened that photo on my 20+ inch screen here at the office. His face is spectacular. I'm laughing so hard right now.
Yeah...he's grumpy. This was taken right after the NCAA tournament selection show. Plus throw in the fact that he's 91 in dog years, and you'd have a mug like that too.

That's our little Pug. He's older now, about 2 1/2. That photo was taken when he was about a year old.
Best breed I've ever owned. They make me laugh so much.

Felix and I are about to have some adventures

IMG_8507.PNG

100_3218.jpg
Very sad day - we had to say good-by to our beloved Kip.

He was a foster dog from Animal Humane. We fostered our little tripod guy after his amputation surgery & just could not bear to return him. We had him for seven wonderful years, which we estimate to be about half of his little life.

He was truly feisty & he was mostly my wife's dog - he loved her sooooooooooo much.

He was a therapy dog and often went on Animal Humane presentations as a "poster child."

We had him in the overnight clinic at the end and when he didn't improve, we knew it was time. We picked him up at 5 AM so he could spend his last hours at home. The amazing thing is when we left the overnight clinic there was a rainbow pointing his way. A rainbow at 5 AM in Albuquerque, NM !!!

He will join his beloved sister, my Abby, who will show him the ropes in the sky.

View attachment 104039 Very sad day - we had to say good-by to our beloved Kip.

He was a foster dog from Animal Humane. We fostered our little tripod guy after his amputation surgery & just could not bear to return him. We had him for seven wonderful years, which we estimate to be about half of his little life.

He was truly feisty & he was mostly my wife's dog - he loved her sooooooooooo much.

He was a therapy dog and often went on Animal Humane presentations as a "poster child."

We had him in the overnight clinic at the end and when he didn't improve, we knew it was time. We picked him up at 5 AM so he could spend his last hours at home. The amazing thing is when we left the overnight clinic there was a rainbow pointing his way. A rainbow at 5 AM in Albuquerque, NM !!!

He will join his beloved sister, my Abby, who will show him the ropes in the sky.

Very sorry to read that NM. RIP Kip!

And if you are a believer, he will be waiting over the Rainbow Bridge.

Sorry to hear, brotha :/

Umm, Guys... Meet Mozzy!!! He's a 6 week old Shih-poo. We've been thinking that Felix needed a buddy for a while now. Hyper allergenic pups are super expensive up here, but the girlfriend had a quick trip to Vegas this week so we started looking down there. He made the flight home like a champ!!

Prolly the busiest I've been at work in a while, and having a pup in the office is not helping that at all lol.

mozzy.jpg

Umm, Guys... Meet Mozzy!!! He's a 6 week old Shih-poo. We've been thinking that Felix needed a buddy for a while now. Hyper allergenic pups are super expensive up here, but the girlfriend had a quick trip to Vegas this week so we started looking down there. He made the flight home like a champ!!

Prolly the busiest I've been at work in a while, and having a pup in the office is not helping that at all lol.

View attachment 104802

You hit a homerun man, love it. He is a heart breaker for sure.

Hate to ask but whatever happened to Jameson, he popped up in my facebook feed a few weeks ago and I was meaning to ask.

You hit a homerun man, love it. He is a heart breaker for sure.

Hate to ask but whatever happened to Jameson, he popped up in my facebook feed a few weeks ago and I was meaning to ask.

Ahh man. When the ex and I first separated, we did week on - week off custody of Jamo and Jackson for almost a year. Then at some point, she decided she wanted them full time. After a month of so of arguing she threatened to take me to court over them. I figured a judge would say "they are dogs... just split them up" which I had no interest in doing. So I told her she could have them, but to never bring them around me, or talk to me about them. It was rough for a long time, those guys were my road dogs.

A month ago, she bought a house down the street from me (of all the places in Alaska, she had to be down the street from me?!). I ran into her and the pups the other day. Made small talks. Jamo and Jackson heard my voice, and saw my face, but didn't act like the knew me. It's been 3 years, but I always imagined they'd freak out when they saw me.. They've got a new pa now, and that's ok.. Having Felix has helped a lot, and Mozzy will only make it better!!

Mozzy is a chick magnet before. Had 3 female grad students just spend about 10 minutes with him outside the office. I was impressed until I saw they had more leg hair than Mozzy.. Freaking hippies.

Ahh man. When the ex and I first separated, we did week on - week off custody of Jamo and Jackson for almost a year. Then at some point, she decided she wanted them full time. After a month of so of arguing she threatened to take me to court over them. I figured a judge would say "they are dogs... just split them up" which I had no interest in doing. So I told her she could have them, but to never bring them around me, or talk to me about them. It was rough for a long time, those guys were my road dogs.

A month ago, she bought a house down the street from me (of all the places in Alaska, she had to be down the street from me?!). I ran into her and the pups the other day. Made small talks. Jamo and Jackson heard my voice, and saw my face, but didn't act like the knew me. It's been 3 years, but I always imagined they'd freak out when they saw me.. They've got a new pa now, and that's ok.. Having Felix has helped a lot, and Mozzy will only make it better!!

Mozzy is a chick magnet before. Had 3 female grad students just spend about 10 minutes with him outside the office. I was impressed until I saw they had more leg hair than Mozzy.. Freaking hippies.

Tough situation for sure man, you took those guys everywhere. Think you handled it correctly though by not having them separated. Still that took a lot of guts I don't know if I would be able to stop seeing mine cold turkey like that, in fact pretty sure I couldn't. Glad to hear you ran back into them though sure it was nice to see them again. Surprised they didn't remember you more as you noted I would have expected a bigger reaction. May not have registered right away. Crazy that the ex bought a house so close in a state that big. What are the odds.

Good news is your gonna have your hands full with the new one and Felix is already a well traveled pup.

Let me start by saying that I am not a particularly spiritual person, but that there has been some unusual symbolism or co-incidences that have surrounded the loss of my Abby and Kip.

100_1108-jpg.9675

The picture shown is my Abby, my first dog ever, my soulmate, and hiking companion.

My second dog is my Rooyen (Roo), still with me after 13.5 years.

dscf1390-jpg.9665

Abby and Roo were truly the best of friends. As my Abby aged, if we went to a dog park, heaven help any dog that even looked cross-eyed at her. Roo is my avatar boy.

So anyways, I lost my Abby 5 years ago to lymphoma. After we lost her we did not plan on getting a new dog anytime soon. However, Roo was truly saddened by her loss, so we thought of getting him a companion. We found out that there was a local breeder that had a ridgeback litter down. The weird things were:

1, On the breeder's website there were pics of prior litters. In the previous litter two of the dogs were named Abby and Rou.
2. The litter was born the day my Abby was dianosed with her lymphoma.
3. In checking the lineage, it turned out that Roo's father was the great, great, great, great grandfather of this litter.

Obviously, we had to have a pup, so along came Adia.

Was Abby sending a new best friend to Roo ?????

dscf1352-jpg.9663

Just a few posts above, I posted about the loss of Kip.

I mentioned in that post the oddity of seeing a rainbow @ 5AM in the morning on his last day. There was another oddity that occurred that day, that i did not mention. That oddity was seeing a large gopher (4 to 5 feet long) snake on our lawn. Great snakes to have around, they eat what you don't want. It was the first time we saw a gopher snake this year on our property. Because snakes shed and re-grow their skin they are often thought of as symbolic of new life. Anyways, a few days ago, I go to pick up Kip's ashes. That evening, I had left a sliding glass door open and the snake comes into my family room. It look awhile, but eventually I was able to catch it by it's tail and carry it outside crocodile hunter style. I have not seen the snake since. Very weird, that we saw it on Kip's last day and also on the day we picked up his remains.

Anyways, I can't help, but wonder about the symbolism - co-incidences only or something more ?????

Had a bit of an incident hiking this weekend. My girl fell into a small hole that was covered over with sticks. Think she broke one on the way through and got the stick stuck in her right hip/thigh area. Nice 1.5 inch puncture wound that required stitches and a week or so in this contraption. She's clearly not happy about the cone of shame, but she's coming along nicely.

Lorelei in the cone of shame.jpg

Had a bit of an incident hiking this weekend. My girl fell into a small hole that was covered over with sticks. Think she broke one on the way through and got the stick stuck in her right hip/thigh area. Nice 1.5 inch puncture wound that required stitches and a week or so in this contraption. She's clearly not happy about the cone of shame, but she's coming along nicely.

View attachment 113331
I know the cone of shame stinks for the dog. But its almost as bad on us humans. My shins and knees and forearms get cut to shreds every time one of our dogs is in the cone. It's get funny because the whole family tries to avoid the dog to the extent that the dog can't figure out why we are running from him, so of course he chases us around we end up jumping on the furniture so we don't get "coned." I have learned that if you trap the cone between your knee and a recliner arm rest you can get some good petting/scratching in without putting yourself at risk!

I know the cone of shame stinks for the dog. But its almost as bad on us humans. My shins and knees and forearms get cut to shreds every time one of our dogs is in the cone. It's get funny because the whole family tries to avoid the dog to the extent that the dog can't figure out why we are running from him, so of course he chases us around we end up jumping on the furniture so we don't get "coned." I have learned that if you trap the cone between your knee and a recliner arm rest you can get some good petting/scratching in without putting yourself at risk!
It's worse for small, short legged dogs when they try to follow a scent with their noses and the cone gets stuck in the ground. :(

Just in the last 12-18 hours has she been able to do the stairs by herself. She normally tries to go between my bow legs on the way down the stairs. Hasn't tried it yet, but if she does, there's a solid chance she kills the both of us...

This was our boy, Jameson. Sadly, he passed a few months back. He was our first dog and he was there for our wedding and when we brought the kids home for the first time. He loved hanging with us while we watched so many great SU games over the years. It’s been a weird football season not having my sidekick with me. RIP buddy!
CA978D7A-12C4-4BFE-89C4-34C722E6D5BD.jpeg

View attachment 104802

Soooo when we bought Mozzy, he was dark, he was hypoallergenic, and he was going to be about 10 pounds... None of this is true anymore

mozzy.jpg

mozzy2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom