OT. Post your pet pic | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

OT. Post your pet pic

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
The Syracuse squirrel

image.jpeg
As I type this, my eyes are welling up with tears. Unfortunately, our dog, Angus' cancerous tumor, has made his life very difficult. We have made the decision to put him down tomorrow. I'm heartbroken. Angus is a sweet, gentle dog, who has enriched the lives of everyone in my family. Rest well, Angus Young.

View attachment 75213 As I type this, my eyes are welling up with tears. Unfortunately, our dog, Angus' cancerous tumor, has made his life very difficult. We have made the decision to put him down tomorrow. I'm heartbroken. Angus is a sweet, gentle dog, who has enriched my family's lives.
sorry, iommi. hang in there. you're doing what's best for Angus, as painful as it is.

sorry, iommi. hang in there. you're doing what's best for Angus, as painful as it is.

Thanks. I am not taking this well at all but we are trying to be humane. Selfishly, I wish I could have more time with him but I'm afraid he's suffering.

Last edited:
Thanks. I am not taking this well at all but we are trying to be humane. Selfishly, I wish I could have more time with him but I'm afraid he's suffering.
It is so incredibly difficult. But the best thing for Angus.

My friend who's a veterinarian calls that "the final act of love." She lived with us when she was going to vet school, knew our dog well and was as saddened as the rest of us when we had to have her put down after her stroke. Tough to do, but it was still the right thing, given that she could hardly function after that. And I still miss her, even though it's been years.

View attachment 75213 As I type this, my eyes are welling up with tears. Unfortunately, our dog, Angus' cancerous tumor, has made his life very difficult. We have made the decision to put him down tomorrow. I'm heartbroken. Angus is a sweet, gentle dog, who has enriched the lives of everyone in my family. Rest well, Angus Young.
Same exact situation for me and our Lucas. Passed the day before his 11th birthday and I talk about him and miss him every single day. In the end though, we did the right thing. Little man went from couldn't even walk for weeks to couldn't even stand the last two days. Lymphoma, attacked his spinal cord.

Doggin' run in my family, and I'm just not the same person without man's best friend. Hang in and love to you and your family, my friend.

I've done this more than I like to think for the betterment of our beautiful dogs.
You may have seen what is printed below, but it never ceases to bring a lump to my throat when I read it.
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...

View attachment 75213 As I type this, my eyes are welling up with tears. Unfortunately, our dog, Angus' cancerous tumor, has made his life very difficult. We have made the decision to put him down tomorrow. I'm heartbroken. Angus is a sweet, gentle dog, who has enriched the lives of everyone in my family. Rest well, Angus Young.
Hang in there, Vince. This is sooo hard to even comprehend. Makes me cherish my pup even more if that's even possible. Godspeed!!!

Thanks to everyone. I never imagined this sort of thing could be so brutal. I cannot get rid of this giant lump in my throat. I'll always remember most fondly how gentle Angus was when we brought our baby daughter home from the hospital after she was born.

I'm trying to think of putting him down like Cowtown wrote, as "one final act of love."

So sorry to hear this. I got a dog (a bulldog/beagle mix, named...Otto ;)) about a month and a half ago, and until then, I never fully understood the bond between a family and their dog.

upload_2016-9-7_19-53-53.jpg

Thanks to everyone. I never imagined this sort of thing could be so brutal. I cannot get rid of this giant lump in my throat. I'll always remember most fondly how gentle Angus was when we brought our baby daughter home from the hospital after she was born.

I'm trying to think of putting him down like Cowtown wrote, as "one final act of love."

So sorry, iommi. We had to put my best buddy Indy down this past march. He was suffering and it was certainly the right thing. Indeed a final act of love, but still incredibly hard. I still miss him every day...So sorry...

iommi said:
As I type this, my eyes are welling up with tears. Unfortunately, our dog, Angus' cancerous tumor, has made his life very difficult. We have made the decision to put him down tomorrow. I'm heartbroken. Angus is a sweet, gentle dog, who has enriched the lives of everyone in my family. Rest well, Angus Young.

Sorry to hear that. Animals truly become family members.

OrangeSky said:
So sorry, iommi. We had to put my best buddy Indy down this past march. He was suffering and it was certainly the right thing. Indeed a final act of love, but still incredibly hard. I still miss him every day...So sorry...

This is a crazy question, but when did you get your dog Indy?

OrangeSky said:
We got Indy 15 years ago. He had a good, long life. So of course I'm now curious, why the question?

We had a dog we named Indy that we sold about 20 years ago and Indy is a unique name.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom