OT: Predict Rutgers 2015 conference record: Schedule Attached | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Predict Rutgers 2015 conference record: Schedule Attached

When they can't schedule their way to bowl eligibility, the schaudenfraude that is their program will be exposed for what it truly is.

As for Rutgers itself, my prediction is the following--doesn't matter which year--it was, will, and will always be a :

images

You'd think some of you guys might remember we are 0-2 against them the past 2 years. if they are so horrible then what are we?

You'd think some of you guys might remember we are 0-2 against them the past 2 years. if they are so horrible then what are we?

Last time I checked, college football isn't just about the last 2 years. RU was involved in the first college football game, back in 1869. For the preceding 142 years before the last 2, what is that program's historical legacy?

Last time I checked, college football isn't just about the last 2 years. RU was involved in the first college football game, back in 1869. For the preceding 142 years before the last 2, what is that program's historical legacy?
1335240787_kuwait_tire_fire_00.jpg

I'm not here to defend Rutgers or their historical legacy, fact is they've been better than us the past 2 years and yet everyone claims they will get their asses handed to them in the B10. Good thing we are in the ACC I guess, at least we might win a few games there. If everything you guys say is true and the best team we've had in 10 years couldn't beat them then we'd be toast.

I'm not here to defend Rutgers or their historical legacy, fact is they've been better than us the past 2 years and yet everyone claims they will get their asses handed to them in the B10. Good thing we are in the ACC I guess, at least we might win a few games there. If everything you guys say is true and the best team we've had in 10 years couldn't beat them then we'd be toast.

No offense, but that assessment is just not accurate. They weren't better than us the past two years--we completely and categorically gave the game away to them in 2012, in what was perhaps the worst performance and biggest collapse of the Marrone era. We completely threw away a chance to have won three out of the past four games against them instead of just two.

They will get their assess handed to them in the B10.

No offense, but that assessment is just not accurate. They weren't better than us the past two years--we completely and categorically gave the game away to them in 2012, in what was perhaps the worst performance and biggest collapse of the Marrone era. We completely threw away a chance to have won three out of the past four games against them instead of just two.

Rutgers will do just fine. Within our division we should be better than Maryland and Indiana, worse that Ohio State and Michigan, and highly competitive with Michigan State. Penn State is more of a wide card. We should be better than them for the first several years in the B1G but once they get back to a mature 85 scholarship roster, they will be Penn State again. But who cares, by then it will be 2020, and Rutgers will be receiving a full share of somewhere around 45MM a year from the B1G and if our existing coaching staff was not up to par, we would have the $$$ to bring in one that is.

Syracuse was better than Rutgers in 2012. Not so much 2011, but certainly last season Syracuse was the superior team and happened to lose a game at Rutgers where Syracuse dominated everywhere but the scoreboard. The better team doesn't always win.

Rutgers will do just fine. Within our division we should be better than Maryland and Indiana, worse that Ohio State and Michigan, and highly competitive with Michigan State. Penn State is more of a wide card. We should be better than them for the first several years in the B1G but once they get back to a mature 85 scholarship roster, they will be Penn State again. But who cares, by then it will be 2020, and Rutgers will be receiving a full share of somewhere around 45MM a year from the B1G and if our existing coaching staff was not up to par, we would have the $$$ to bring in one that is.
smoke em if you got em, arizonaknight is.

highly competive with michigan state?? in what?? baseball??

and ped st will arse pound you for the next 5 years too.

rut/mary/indy is a crap shoot for 4th in the east.

yeah rutgers do just fine. if you consider fighting for the 8th or 9th b1g bowl game, fine.

:rolling:

Oh Lord

And I'm sure quality coaches are going to be beating down the door to work for your new AD. :rolling:

Was that really that funny to you? Like "goofy emoticon rolling on its back" funny?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the chance to coach in the B1G, in the shadow of NYC, with a home grown talent pool to farm and a crap load of money will all trump the current AD when it comes to evaluating the Rutgers job in 2020 should it be open.

I was listening to Mark Packer show yesterday and he had Kyle Flood on discussing Rutgers. Packer was seriously applauding Flood for their difficult non conference schedule next year and Flood was saying how they'll play anybody anywhere and I was like "are you kidding me?" Packer backed up this statement by saying how they open the season at Fresno (solid road test) and have Arkansas at home (solid) but then he stumbled over his words probably looking for another decent opponent (def didn't find a non conference one worth mentioning) and was like they also have Louisville on the schedule. What a joke. I guess at least having Arkansas on schedule (this year and last) is considered a huge upgrade since they don't regularly schedule BCS caliber teams on the non-conference, but seriously?

Was that really that funny to you? Like "goofy emoticon rolling on its back" funny?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the chance to coach in the B1G, in the shadow of NYC, with a home grown talent pool to farm and a crap load of money will all trump the current AD when it comes to evaluating the Rutgers job in 2020 should it be open.
We keep hearing that everyone wants to coach in the shadow of NYC, but Rutgers has no championships to support your hypothesis. Rutgers has fielded a team for 143 seasons and has yet to live up to the hype.

As to the B1G windfall - or is it welfare - checks, Rutgers is so far from a self supporting Athletics Department that it may be decades before a real benefit is realized.

The B1G money talk has gotten pretty ridiculous as of late. Coaches win in college football and outside of Urban Meyer nobody of note coaches in the conference. If the B1G money was really all it's made out to be the coach of the conference champ - Bret Bielema, wouldn't have left a "premier B1G job" for the 8th or 9th best coaching job in the SEC.

We keep hearing that everyone wants to coach in the shadow of NYC, but Rutgers has no championships to support your hypothesis. Rutgers has fielded a team for 143 seasons and has yet to live up to the hype.

As to the B1G windfall - or is it welfare - checks, Rutgers is so far from a self supporting Athletics Department that it may be decades before a real benefit is realized.

Coach Schiano turned down Miami and Michigan to stay at Rutgers. Championships or no championships, that's a fact. Pre Schiano is irrelevant because if you look at Rutgers Stadium and facilities in the mid 90's they were on the D1AA level. That all has changed now.

Rutgers' financial issues will be a distant memory and that process will begin in 2014 when every single available seat in the stadium will be sold out before September 1st rolls around. More donations, more parking, more concessions, more advertising revenue, more TV money, etc, etc. By 2017 when the Tier 1 rights are sold the money will be stupid, welfare money or not. By the time we receive a full share, only the SEC will even be in the same ballpark.

So it won't take "decades" to be self supporting, it will take probably about six years.

The B1G money talk has gotten pretty ridiculous as of late. Coaches win in college football and outside of Urban Meyer nobody of note coaches in the conference. If the B1G money was really all it's made out to be the coach of the conference champ - Bret Bielema, wouldn't have left a "premier B1G job" for the 8th or 9th best coaching job in the SEC.

I don't know if Arkansas is the 9th best job in the SEC but Beilema is the 4th highest paid coach in the conference only behind Les Miles, Nick Saban and Steve Spurrior and there a quite a few national championships amongst those three. Maybe Bobby Alvarez didn't feel his guy was worth 3.2MM or the nearly 600k his top assistants are getting at Arkansas annually.

Projections are meaningless as far as money goes, I have hard time believing th B10 will be pulling in 45 Mill a year for each team especially with people fleeing cable companies for the Internet. I will believe it when I see it.

1 - Yep. I find that emoticon kind of cute. Just like a Rutgirls fan who thinks his program is relevant.
2 - You really think Flood is going to last until 2020?
3 - The past 10 years have generally been the weakest the Big East has ever been. Which coincides with Rutgers actually being not bad. And how many major bowls has Rutgers been able to turn that into? Yep, zero.
4- Before Rutgirls fans start yapping they need to 1 - play somebody and 2 - accomplish something.
:crazy: (I like this one too!)

There are many who don't believe we gave the game away, that Rutgers defense took it away by forcing 4 turnovers, or was it 5, i can't remember as I've tried blocking it out. As to their future in the B10, I don't give a rat's behind. I don't like them, never have, didn't mean to defend them, just trying to point out that people look a little silly bashing a team we are 0-2 against in the past 2 years, and 3-7 against over the last decade. Even if you take away the Grobber years, we are only 3-3 over that same time. It's not 1998 anymore no matter how much some of you want to believe it. Now let them be and go back to making fun of the Chokies and Beagles, please? Anyone? Anyone?

Projections are meaningless as far as money goes, I have hard time believing th B10 will be pulling in 45 Mill a year for each team especially with people fleeing cable companies for the Internet. I will believe it when I see it.

Come 2016 when the B1G's Tier 1 goes to the open market I would be stunned if the number wasn't greater than 25MM per team. The PAC12 gets over 20MM per team with USC and everyone else. The B1G can throw out four programs which can match USC's national interest. The number is going to be huge. The BTN already pays about 8MM per school and that does not include the addition of the Maryland and NJ markets and any slight ancillary benefits seen in Philly, DC, or NYC. Add in the annual Rose Bowl money, the rotating piece of the Orange Bowl money, NCAA Tournament money, etc. 45MM by 2020 is a very reasonable projection.

Syracuse was better than Rutgers in 2012. Not so much 2011, but certainly last season Syracuse was the superior team and happened to lose a game at Rutgers where Syracuse dominated everywhere but the scoreboard. The better team doesn't always win.

We had more penalties, more turnovers, and less time of possession. Alot of coaches will tell you games are won or lost based on those statistics. Rutgers defense got to Nassib. And they got to him alot.

Come 2016 when the B1G's Tier 1 goes to the open market I would be stunned if the number wasn't greater than 25MM per team. The PAC12 gets over 20MM per team with USC and everyone else. The B1G can throw out four programs which can match USC's national interest. The number is going to be huge. The BTN already pays about 8MM per school and that does not include the addition of the Maryland and NJ markets and any slight ancillary benefits seen in Philly, DC, or NYC. Add in the annual Rose Bowl money, the rotating piece of the Orange Bowl money, NCAA Tournament money, etc. 45MM by 2020 is a very reasonable projection.

I am not saying the payout wont be large, I certainly believe it will be but I think every conference be it B10, B12 and yes the ACC is over evaluating. I could see 30Mill + for the B10 but with the way the demographics and populace on this country is shifting I think 45 Mill is a bit of stretch and I would say that even if SU was in the same spot. I could easily be wrong but even the SEC over valued what adding team would bring to there contract, at some point the bubble has to burst with these conferences and TV money.

We had more penalties, more turnovers, and less time of possession. Alot of coaches will tell you games are won or lost based on those statistics. Rutgers defense got to Nassib. And they got to him alot.

SU gave away the 2011 game, forget 2012. Re-watch that game and tell me how many times SU should have blown that game wide open.