OT: Predict Rutgers 2015 conference record: Schedule Attached | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Predict Rutgers 2015 conference record: Schedule Attached

Was that really that funny to you? Like "goofy emoticon rolling on its back" funny?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the chance to coach in the B1G, in the shadow of NYC, with a home grown talent pool to farm and a crap load of money will all trump the current AD when it comes to evaluating the Rutgers job in 2020 should it be open.

bahahahahaha. Yeah, I got no response. Your post is just that idiotic.

Welcome to being our bitch (and Penn State, Ohio State, and pretty much everyone outside of Indiana and maybe Maryland). Every single year.

Michigan_Wolverines_Block_M.png

SU gave away the 2011 game, forget 2012. Re-watch that game and tell me how many times SU should have blown that game wide open.

I don't need to re-watch it, I still remember staring at the Dome ceiling wondering What happened after the last fumble. I agree we should have won both games, point is we didn't win either. People can argue the reasons all day but any time frame you choose in the past 10 years shows us either tied or behind Rutgers in the W-L column.

I don't know if Arkansas is the 9th best job in the SEC but Beilema is the 4th highest paid coach in the conference only behind Les Miles, Nick Saban and Steve Spurrior and there a quite a few national championships amongst those three. Maybe Bobby Alvarez didn't feel his guy was worth 3.2MM or the nearly 600k his top assistants are getting at Arkansas annually.

Wait...I thought B1G money trumps all and even middle tier programs in the B1G can steal/have anyone they want...that's strange. It's fair to say that LSU, Bama, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, A&M, Auburn are all better jobs than Arkansas, some might say South Carolina is superior as well.

Wait...I thought B1G money trumps all and even middle tier programs in the B1G can steal/have anyone they want...that's strange. It's fair to say that LSU, Bama, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, A&M, Auburn are all better jobs than Arkansas, some might say South Carolina is superior as well.

If you ask me, SU is a better job than all of them, sure maybe it's less money, less exposure but you don't get fired at SU for getting 8 wins. As a matter of fact, 8 wins at SU is a ride to the NFL apparentley

I don't need to re-watch it, I still remember staring at the Dome ceiling wondering What happened after the last fumble. I agree we should have won both games, point is we didn't win either. People can argue the reasons all day but any time frame you choose in the past 10 years shows us either tied or behind Rutgers in the W-L column.

Thats fine, still doesnt make them the better program. Rutgers hasnt beaten WVU since the first term of the Clinton Administration. Over the last four years SU is 2-2 versus Rutgers and honestly should be 3-1 based on that 2011 game. I dont think I need to get into SU's record versus RU in other major mens sports ie bball and lax.

I am not saying the payout wont be large, I certainly believe it will be but I think every conference be it B10, B12 and yes the ACC is over evaluating. I could see 30Mill + for the B10 but with the way the demographics and populace on this country is shifting I think 45 Mill is a bit of stretch and I would say that even if SU was in the same spot. I could easily be wrong but even the SEC over valued what adding team would bring to there contract, at some point the bubble has to burst with these conferences and TV money.

30MM is below the lowest possible outcome for the B1G in 2017. Even if we suppose that between Fox and ESPN, the lowest bid for the B1G's Tier 1 rights is only 20MM then even the current BTN payout plus only the Rose Bowl payout would already put the B1G at over 30MM per year. So we would be at over 30MM without including B1G Championship Game, select basketball rights to CBS, rotating Orange Bowl money and assuming zero growth in the BTN (which is the whole reason Rutgers and Maryland were added) and a newly negotiated Tier 1 rights deal below that of the Pac12.

My conservative guess in 2017 based on what I've read...

Tier 1 to Fox (or ESPN) at:
25MM per team at a bare bones minimum.

BTN by 2017 with the addition of two new markets and excluding almost any ancillary benefits in NYC and DC
10MM per team at a bare bones minimum.

Rose Bowl on ESPN (under current contact)
2.85MM per year

B1G Championship (current contract pays 24MM per year)
1.75MM per year

Select Basketball rights to CBS (current contract pays 12MM per year
.85MM per year

Orange Bowl on ESPN (based on minimum B1G participation of 3X in 12 years)
.5MM per year

Total per year, per team based on those numbers.
41MM in 2017.

Thats fine, still doesnt make them the better program. Rutgers hasnt beaten WVU since the first term of the Clinton Administration. Over the last four years SU is 2-2 versus Rutgers and honestly should be 3-1 based on that 2011 game. I dont think I need to get into SU's record versus RU in other major mens sports ie bball and lax.

No you don't! And I literlly lol'ed at the Clinton remark. Truth is this whole thread is making me nauseated. I absolutely despise Rutgers, I hate the fact we didn't win the past 2 years, and hope they do sink to the lowest depths of BCS football in the B10. Their administration is a joke and with the leadership they have over there, no way I see them becoming a consistent contender in the B10. Part of me wants to give them some respect for putting up even numbers against us the past decade which is why I guess I started to defend them but all I feel now is shame. I'm giving myself a 3-day ban from posting to atone for my sins. See you all next week.

30MM is below the lowest possible outcome for the B1G in 2017. Even if we suppose that between Fox and ESPN, the lowest bid for the B1G's Tier 1 rights is only 20MM then even the current BTN payout plus only the Rose Bowl payout would already put the B1G at over 30MM per year. So we would be at over 30MM without including B1G Championship Game, select basketball rights to CBS, rotating Orange Bowl money and assuming zero growth in the BTN (which is the whole reason Rutgers and Maryland were added) and a newly negotiated Tier 1 rights deal below that of the Pac12.

My conservative guess in 2017 based on what I've read...

Tier 1 to Fox (or ESPN) at:
25MM per team at a bare bones minimum.

BTN by 2017 with the addition of two new markets and excluding almost any ancillary benefits in NYC and DC
10MM per team at a bare bones minimum.

Rose Bowl on ESPN (under current contact)
2.85MM per year

B1G Championship (current contract pays 24MM per year)
1.75MM per year

Select Basketball rights to CBS (current contract pays 12MM per year
.85MM per year

Orange Bowl on ESPN (based on minimum B1G participation of 3X in 12 years)
.5MM per year

Total per year, per team based on those numbers.
41MM in 2017.

Yep, and Indiana football would get that same share. That's you, you're the new Indiana.

That's what you and the rest of Rutgers doesn't understand. The Big Ten has zero interest in Rutgers as a school. You're the awful house that's sitting on a piece of land someone wants. Speaking as a Michigan alum, no one has any respect for your school. None. Go read MGoBlog or Eleven Warriors or Black Shoe Diaries. It's all the same, you're the annoying friend that has a sister that everyone else is interested in banging. They just don't realize that the cost of keeping your annoying self around is more than any small hope they have of getting her.

Have fun cashing checks and being our bitch.

Yep, and Indiana football would get that same share. That's you, you're the new Indiana.

That's what you and the rest of Rutgers doesn't understand. The Big Ten has zero interest in Rutgers as a school. You're the awful house that's sitting on a piece of land someone wants. Speaking as a Michigan alum, no one has any respect for your school. None. Go read MGoBlog or Eleven Warriors or Black Shoe Diaries. It's all the same, you're the annoying friend that has a sister that everyone else is interested in banging. They just don't realize that the cost of keeping your annoying self around is more than any small hope they have of getting her.

Have fun cashing checks and being our bitch.

More like Michigan is some hot chick who decides to start sleeping with me for some ancillary benefit that has nothing to do with my looks or personality. We could feel used and out of our league, or we can just sit back and enjoy the ride, deal with the attitude and then throw a nut in your face.

Let me know how it tastes.

More like Michigan is some hot chick who decides to start sleeping with me for some ancillary benefit that has nothing to do with my looks or personality. We could feel used and out of our league, or we can just sit back and enjoy the ride, deal with the attitude and then throw a nut in your face.

I think you have your genders reversed. Bitch, know your role.

Actually, Michigan, OSU, PSU and UNL are the hot chicks that invited you to the party, with no strings attached, so they can get exposure in NYC. Basically, Rutgers is the dweeb being used by the hot chicks to get what they really want.

I'd wish you the best but I like and follow UM and tOSU (don't tell SU2NASA, might blow his mind). Beat UNL all you like, but it won't be often. MSU and PSU will probably beat Rutgers more often than not. Indiana has a chance to move out of the cellar.

Actually, Michigan, OSU, PSU and UNL are the hot chicks that invited you to the party, with no strings attached,

Actually, there will soon be about 45 million strings attached a year. Use me like LF.

Actually, there will soon be about 45 million strings attached a year. Use me like LF.

That $45M will do so much for you walking out of stadium in late Nov sitting at 4-8.

Actually, Michigan, OSU, PSU and UNL are the hot chicks that invited you to the party, with no strings attached, so they can get exposure in NYC. Basically, Rutgers is the dweeb being used by the hot chicks to get what they really want.

I'd wish you the best but I like and follow UM and tOSU (don't tell SU2NASA, might blow his mind). Beat UNL all you like, but it won't be often. MSU and PSU will probably beat Rutgers more often than not. Indiana has a chance to move out of the cellar.

i wouldn't sell Indiana short. They have a good staff, and brought in their best recruiting class in history last season. They are on the way up...out of the basement a notch.

Does that mean they can stop using student fees to support the team?

Yes.
Why are you here? I agree this thread is stupid but why do you care? You're in a dick measuring contest about money that doesn't affect you. Just go back to the R board and play soggy biscuit with your scarlet assed brethren.

And I'm sure quality coaches are going to be beating down the door to work for your new AD. :rolling:
There's got to be a coach who's looking for a dominatrix out there.

Yes.

Will there be any extra left over to reinvest or will the ~40 mil just affectively balance the books? Serious question not flaming there. I know some Rutgers alumni and presuming you may be as well so it would be great to have the University itself receiving their money vs athletics.

Will there be any extra left over to reinvest or will the ~40 mil just affectively balance the books? Serious question not flaming there. I know some Rutgers alumni and presuming you may be as well so it would be great to have the University itself receiving their money vs athletics.

At 40MM the Rutgers Athletic Department will be in the black. Then when you factor in a home schedule like the ones in 2014 and 2015 which include Penn State, Nebraska, Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Indiana and Wisconsin, you can see the potential for much more revenue from things like tickets sales, donation requirements, concessions, advertising, etc.

At 40MM the Rutgers Athletic Department will be in the black. Then when you factor in a home schedule like the ones in 2014 and 2015 which include Penn State, Nebraska, Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Indiana and Wisconsin, you can see the potential for much more revenue from things like tickets sales, donation requirements, concessions, advertising, etc.

What was the actual deficit they were running while still cashing BE paychecks?

Ronnie from the Jersey Shore will be the linebacker and RU wins the title

The figure was 27MM I believe in FY'11.

So $40 mil will get you about where you need to be until stadium reno and practice facility are paid off. You guys kind of did the reverse of what we're currently doing as far as fundraising and building. I'm sure everyone involved will feel better once football is paying its own bills though.

Will be curious to see if SU and RU are even competing that often moving forward. I've never subscribed to the idea that both couldn't achieve some semblance of success at the same as I don't see NJ as must have recruiting grounds for us. As it stands now by the time both have facilities up and paid for, kids with offers from both will simply be choosing ACC vs B1G.