Class of 2018 - OT Qadir White (NY) SIGNED NLI to SYRACUSE | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 OT Qadir White (NY) SIGNED NLI to SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they both redshirt only for the fact that true freshmen lineman o or d are gonna be lacking the strength to hang with 23 yr old men. Oline is the hardest to start as a freshmen and then add in our offense and they should take a year to get comfortable. 4 yr redshirt starters are what I'm hoping for.

RS'ing lineman is critical to getting where we ultimately need to be. That being said, not being there yet exposes us to a greater potential of seeing these guys play early.

Unfortunately, I just don't know if we're in the position to RS these guys, as ideal as it would be.

RS'ing lineman is critical to getting where we ultimately need to be. That being said, not being there yet exposes us to a greater potential of seeing these guys play early.

Unfortunately, I just don't know if we're in the position to RS these guys, as ideal as it would be.
Agreed. Sampson starts from day 1 sliding Servais over to guard. Hopefully Qadir gets to RS and work on his strength and conditioning.

I think early playing time for these two will only help us moving forward.

However, I don't know that I'd completely give up hope on the inside three guys who are Redshirt Freshman, Redshirt Freshman, Redshirt Sophomore. Not to mention Colin Byrne who is a redshirt sophomore and Patrick Davis who is a true freshman.

Four starters are projected to return from this unit next year -- I really hope at least one of these guys redshirts. White might be the best candidate, given that tackle is much tougher to adjust to than guard/center.

Would be great to see Servais, White, and maybe Clark battle at RT. Hopefully someone can take control so White redshirts. He's going to be a monster player at SU, no question about that.

Most if not all of our linemen have game experience. I know we are going through growing pains with moving them all around to different positions, but that will benefit the team in the next year or two.

Would be great to see Servais, White, and maybe Clark battle at RT. Hopefully someone can take control so White redshirts. He's going to be a monster player at SU, no question about that.
one or two may move to guard...which is a good thing.

I think early playing time for these two will only help us moving forward.

However, I don't know that I'd completely give up hope on the inside three guys who are Redshirt Freshman, Redshirt Freshman, Redshirt Sophomore. Not to mention Colin Byrne who is a redshirt sophomore and Patrick Davis who is a true freshman.

Four starters are projected to return from this unit next year -- I really hope at least one of these guys redshirts. White might be the best candidate, given that tackle is much tougher to adjust to than guard/center.

Not to mention the return of Aaron Roberts. My way too early 2018 projections to start the season.

LT - SR Conway
LG - RS SR Roberts
C - RS SO Servais
RG - RS SO Adam
LT - RS SO Heckel

I hope to see Sampson eventually take over.

LT - RS FR Conway
LG - SR SR Roberts
C - FR Sampson
RG - RS SO Servais
RT - RS SO Heckel

That's will leave some very experienced and talented kids on the 2 deep. Patty Davis, Micah Clark, Liam O'Sullivan, Evan Adam, Colin Byrne, combined with White and Froumey who will most likely redshirt. Brighter times are ahead. They have to use this time to gain some valuable experience, while trying to compete at a high level against some of the best in the country.

Not to mention the return of Aaron Roberts. My way too early 2018 projections to start the season.

LT - SR Conway
LG - RS SR Roberts
C - RS SO Servais
RG - RS SO Adam
LT - RS SO Heckel

LT - RS FR Conway
LG - SR SR Roberts
C - FR Sampson
RG - RS SO Servais
RT - RS SO Heckel

That's will leave some very experienced and talented kids on the 2 deep. Patty Davis, Micah Clark, Liam O'Sullivan, Evan Adam, Colin Byrne, combined with White and Froumey who will most likely redshirt. Brighter times are ahead. They have to use this time to gain some valuable experience, while trying to compete at a high level against some of the best in the country.
Sampson and White should start from Day 1 -
Lt: Conway
Lg: Roberts
C: Sampson
Rg: Servais
Rt: White

LT - SR Conway
LG - RS SR Roberts
C - RS SO Servais
RG - RS SO Adam
LT - RS SO Heckel

LT - RS FR Conway
LG - SR SR Roberts
C - FR Sampson
RG - RS SO Servais
RT - RS SO Heckel

Flip-flop Heckel and Servais.

The competition is going to be fierce with guys like Roberts on the outside looking in. It's exactly what this programs needs.

Sampson and White should start from Day 1 -
Lt: Conway
Lg: Roberts
C: Sampson
Rg: Servais
Rt: White
Sorry but that wont happen. Im willing to bet that white red shirts. The only way sampson doesn't is because he made strides due to early enrollment.

Sorry but that wont happen. Im willing to bet that white red shirts. The only way sampson doesn't is because he made strides due to early enrollment.

Probably right. Sampson seems like a ready from Day 1 kid whereas White is more based upon projected value.

LT - RS SR Conway/FR Froumy
LG - RS SR Roberts/D Davis RS FR
C - FR Sampson/P Davis RS FR
RG - RS SO Heckel/RS JR Adams
RT - RS SO Servais/FR White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17