Class of 2018 - OT Qadir White (NY) SIGNED NLI to SYRACUSE | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 OT Qadir White (NY) SIGNED NLI to SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think if we manage 7 wins this season and a bowl appearance, come January when there is the regular movement of recruits due to coaching changes - it could really put this class over the top. Especially if we see higher rated recruits become available that we were previously recruiting at positions of need where we have depth issues and can sell those players on early PT possibilities, i.e. DE/DT/TE.

I think if we manage 7 wins this season and a bowl appearance, come January when there is the regular movement of recruits due to coaching changes - it could really put this class over the top. Especially if we see higher rated recruits become available that we were previously recruiting at positions of need where we have depth issues and can sell those players on early PT possibilities, i.e. DE/DT/TE.
Lots of time left to go shopping.

Qadir, Welcome to the Syracuse Football family. Go Orange!

Qadir WhiteDHv46OCUQAARh9D.jpg

It'll be nice to see the O-line become a strength of this team in a couple of years. We already know the skill positions are going to flourish.

Let's cool it with extending Dino at this point. Last time I checked, he has a record of 4-8 as the Syracuse HC. I love him too, but reworking his contract is a bit premature at this juncture.

Regarding 5 star recruits, I believe that Scott Freeney was one back in 1991.

It'll be nice to see the O-line become a strength of this team in a couple of years. We already know the skill positions are going to flourish.

Let's cool it with extending Dino at this point. Last time I checked, he has a record of 4-8 as the Syracuse HC. I love him too, but reworking his contract is a bit premature at this juncture.

Freeney started out at Henninger as a 9th grader and then moved to Georgia and I believe his uncle was an all-pro in football.

No lets extend him now. It is obvious he and his scheme are perfect for su. Lets not wait

No lets extend him now. It is obvious he and his scheme are perfect for su. Lets not wait

I believe Dino is a very good coach and was a good pickup for this program. The sample size of 1 year is far too small though. Last year, he did have one of the worst defenses I have ever seen. Let's not jump to anything quite yet.

Speaking of extending, I just saw where Dabo Swinney gets a extension for like 6.75 million per year thru 2024. Ya, no way competing with that. :confused:

Don't agree. He had a losing record because of decisions regarding Dungy and his health, not due to his ability to coach.
I would certainly extend this guy should things progress this year.
He seems to have it all:
Knowledge
Vision
A plan
A commitment to that plan
Gravitas
A great ability to communicate.

Don't agree. He had a losing record because of decisions regarding Dungy and his health, not due to his ability to coach.
He seems to have it all:
Knowledge
Vision
A plan
Gravitas

I'm not saying that he shouldn't be extended after the season. I'm saying that one season in with a 4-8 record, for me, is too soon. Blame the record on Dungey if you like, but it's still 4-8 in the books with one year of P5 coaching under his belt.

To get things back on topic, I'm glad Qadir committed. A great offense needs a great line.

He seems to have it all:
Knowledge
Vision
A plan
Gravitas

What games did we lose because of not having Dungy?

What games did we lose because of not having Dungy?

Maybe NC State, but that would be it. By no means was that a definite thing at all. Would have gotten us to a bowl at least, if it had happened

Maybe NC State, but that would be it. By no means was that a definite thing at all. Would have gotten us to a bowl at least, if it had happened

NCSU is what I thought as well.

Is this new? Most of these guys have been with him in previous school, why would it be a problem now?
Exactly. If we lose assistants it'll be because they're getting opportunities to move up the ladder. That happens to food programs and would be a good sign.

I like that your post autocorrected good programs to food programs.

Tells me we'd get along.
Haha. Actually, I think it was just my fat fingers on a touch screen. I have autocorrect turned off. Doh!

White chose the Orange over other finalists Maryland and Auburn, and O'Neil said the decision came down in part to the hard recruiting done by head coach Dino Babers and secondary coach Nick Monroe. Monroe was "tenacious" in his pursuit of White without being overbearing, as some recruiters can be, O'Neil said.

Babers impressed White significantly during conversations on his visits to Central New York as well as when Orange coaches stopped by Cardinal Hayes following a summer satellite camp at Fordham University.

"He knows how to be in a room and make a kid feel that this is the right way to go," O'Neil said of Babers.

White chose the Orange over other finalists Maryland and Auburn, and O'Neil said the decision came down in part to the hard recruiting done by head coach Dino Babers and secondary coach Nick Monroe. Monroe was "tenacious" in his pursuit of White without being overbearing, as some recruiters can be, O'Neil said.

Babers impressed White significantly during conversations on his visits to Central New York as well as when Orange coaches stopped by Cardinal Hayes following a summer satellite camp at Fordham University.

"He knows how to be in a room and make a kid feel that this is the right way to go," O'Neil said of Babers.
From the horse's mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors