Class of 2018 - OT Qadir White (NY) SIGNED NLI to SYRACUSE | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 OT Qadir White (NY) SIGNED NLI to SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both would be great gets, obviously. In the case of Jonas, ... his high school (Dwyer) is a football factory. Tons of ACC/SEC/NFL talents have worked their way through Dwyer, including recent products Jacoby Brissett (NC St/Patriots) and Nick O'Leary (FSU, Bills). There are many, many more. But it'd be a nice step for the program to snare a top talent from this school.

Both, please.

Anyone able to find #'s/times on Q? Was supposed to be at nj opening, but didn't see him in the results.

Only thing besides height/weight i could find was that he throws Shotput 43 feet... Just curious on the others...

Only thing besides height/weight i could find was that he throws Shotput 43 feet... Just curious on the others...
Not so hot for the HS shot if it was a recent performance.

Not so hot for the HS shot if it was a recent performance.
Many hs shotputters only do it because their football coaches tell em they have to... Some take it seriously, other's won't skip their gym schedule(their fb coaches dont want them to), and just show up at meets..(no form) Wouldn't base anything on that #

Many hs shotputters only do it because their football coaches tell em they have to... Some take it seriously, other's won't skip their gym schedule(their fb coaches dont want them to), and just show up at meets..(no form) Wouldn't base anything on that #
Absolutely agree, and will belabor the point no further - it could be a hobby or a coaches requirement, but a 300+ lb 4 star D1 OL prospect should be able to put the shot 43' sitting in a beach chair.

On the SU football team there are some HS state champs in shot put.

Cool. Who?

Think I found it. Evan Adams 56 ft.

I think jj watt threw 58-58? Vince Wilford 68 -florida state record.

Last edited:
Michael Carter formerly of SMU and the SF 49ers, I think, holds the HS national record of something like 80 feet.

I love that he's visited 4 times already. Not in a Quade Green way, I hope. He would be a great get for many reasons. There are some big boys in the fight for him, but hopefully Dino will convince him that SU is the best place for him. White and Sampson on the same line is just what this offense needs!

Regardless of landing white or not what a great job by the staff getting him to visit multiple times. This staff connects.
Need blue chips at QB and OL. The rest is easy to fill, and not as crucial.

Both would be great gets, obviously. In the case of Jonas, ... his high school (Dwyer) is a football factory. Tons of ACC/SEC/NFL talents have worked their way through Dwyer, including recent products Jacoby Brissett (NC St/Patriots) and Nick O'Leary (FSU, Bills). There are many, many more. But it'd be a nice step for the program to snare a top talent from this school.

And Julian Whigham; a very positive example of someone who benefited from his time at SU even though the individual football aspect wasn't optimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom