Class of 2018 - OT Qadir White (NY) SIGNED NLI to SYRACUSE | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 OT Qadir White (NY) SIGNED NLI to SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samson and White would constitute a monster haul at OL for SU.
The talent level of the recruits is trending steadily upward. It would be great if we could take a huge leap at QB (done, so far...) and OL. We can always fill holes at WR/RB/TE with 5th year guys in a pinch. Can't easily or quickly the replace the guys that need time in the program.

Watched some film junior year from high school of Denzel Ward and Q White. My question after seeing the two, still, is how much better is White? How good would a healthy Denzel have been? Is it just their size that intrigues? My eyes tell me that White is slightly stronger at that age.

Watched some film junior year from high school of Denzel Ward and Q White. My question after seeing the two, still, is how much better is White? How good would a healthy Denzel have been? Is it just their size that intrigues? My eyes tell me that White is slightly stronger at that age.
I havent seen White's film in a while but from what I remember, He has good feet for his size, he finishes blocks, need to shed some weight but has a nice frame. Ward was a good recruiting get but I wasnt impress with his film. He looked like a project. He got a lot of attention because of his size. He didnt show a mean streak like Qadir shows.

Would work nice to get White. Conway starts his senior year while White shirts. One year in S&C will do big things for him.

White is the recruit I'd like to have SU get the most out of the remaining recruits available. He's #1 on my leader board and if the staff can hang on to what they have as well...I'm thrilled.

Totally agree here. The team is going to be OK at the skill positions, we just need OL.

Totally agree here. The team is going to be OK at the skill positions, we just need OL.

Finding talent on the OL has to be priority #1.

I have heard DB say several times already this off season that we can't beat teams like FSU and Clemson because they can shut down the running game without putting numbers in the box. They can also drop 7 in coverage and still get heavy pressure on out QBs with only the front 4. Having studs like that takes away the advantages and mismatches that the Offense depends on and schemes for.

Finding talent on the OL has to be priority #1.

I have heard DB say several times already this off season that we can't beat teams like FSU and Clemson because they can shut down the running game without putting numbers in the box. They can also drop 7 in coverage and still get heavy pressure on out QBs with only the front 4. Having studs like that takes away the advantages and mismatches that the Offense depends on and schemes for.

Having a good OL goes such a long ways. As my grandfather always said: Anyone can carry a ball with a good line, it's not heavy.

Pay Article but from who Dohn copied on the tweet it seems the three schools are UMD, Auburn, and Syracuse.

Like Petrino did with Hall: a set of steak knives!!
giphy crab knife.gif

I'd say it's a two horse race. Cuse and UMD. And I really hate that

UMD scares the schit out of me in this recruitment

I'd say it's a two horse race. Cuse and UMD. And I really hate that

UMD scares the schit out of me in this recruitment
I'd even say they might have the lead right now. But we're working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom