Class of 2018 - OT Qadir White (NY) SIGNED NLI to SYRACUSE | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 OT Qadir White (NY) SIGNED NLI to SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kid looks good...looks more like a Tight End than an OT. Should be able to add 10-15 lbs of quality weight by September.

I get so nervous anytime I see an update to a recruits thread after weeks of inactivity.

This was a good one though.

No full Sr. Year highlights posted. 3 games. Here he is against Stepinac, with HCDB watching from the endzone.

Kid looks good...looks more like a Tight End than an OT. Should be able to add 10-15 lbs of quality weight by September.
You know recruiting's improving when a kid who's 6'7"/ 330 pounds is looking to add 10-15 more pounds of "quality weight".

And Qadir White was named to the 4th team. Not 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. In New York.

Cause for concern? More of a project than most on here anticipated from a high 3*/low 4* recruit?

His size and frame sort of remind me of Denzel Ward though his attitude doesn't. (I knew Denzel would flame out one way or another; he treated his recruitment and presser like the peak of his life rather than a starting point)

And Qadir's road to the 'Cuse reminds me of Wayne Morgan who allegedly had offers (commit-able?) to many of the top programs in the country.

Either way, OL happens to be one of the units where I think all the frosh should and will be red-shirted (unless Horan is asked to play a little TE/H Back Chris Elmore-style) but was and still am hoping that a kid like White develops into our next Justin Pugh type.

Cause for concern? More of a project than most on here anticipated from a high 3*/low 4* recruit?

His size and frame sort of remind me of Denzel Ward though his attitude doesn't. (I knew Denzel would flame out one way or another; he treated his recruitment and presser like the peak of his life rather than a starting point)

And Qadir's road to the 'Cuse reminds me of Wayne Morgan who allegedly had offers (commit-able?) to many of the top programs in the country.

Either way, OL happens to be one of the units where I think all the frosh should and will be red-shirted (unless Horan is asked to play a little TE/H Back Chris Elmore-style) but was and still am hoping that a kid like White develops into our next Justin Pugh type.
All state teams arent worth the paper they are printed in

He's a kid that, similar to other NY guys like Ogundeko and Holley, had the physical attributes to gain offers based on his pure potential. He's definitely a raw player, and he will definitely redshirt, but the ability is there and I'm sure this staff will coach him up to where he needs to be.

(all-state teams are usually nonsense though)

I've said from the beginning, White has the potential to be a multiple year starter on the OL. He's got size, speed, and goodish technique. He's been ranked where he is because of his size. Will he get there? I think his future is bright, but he needs to get stronger and needs to master OL technique. If you watch his senior tape, he bullies people because he's just so much larger than people. IMO, I would be happy with him as a 3 year starter. If he really hits the weights, I think he could start as a RS frosh.

I've read that athletic big men are one of the smallest Gene pools in the world. More than any other position, it's based on this. Why it takes 2 years to make a p5 lineman.

I posted a clip, pages back, of Q doing drills. He was at a more ideal body makeup, based on current s+c(about 30lbs lighter). You could see it was there.

If tackles were just based on all state... Take Dan Fedor. Very good player. NY 1st team ol, USA today. 2cnd team sportswriters. Was at 2cnd cuse camp (Amie, Levi's, TSamp, Froumy, Queeley). Shuttle faster than tsamp(athletic). Maybe just needed to be a touch more explosive/punch. He may very well get that, and be a great player for Buffalo. Cost him a star, because tackles are often based on demonstrated raw potential.

It's not just size. Chris Chernak, NY sportswriters 6th team ol, has an identical frame/size as Q's current ideal. Good player. I watched him earn an FCS offer at a camp(has 7?) His feet needed to be just a touch quicker. Once again, may get that, but the current raw potential- and by fractions, is often what these kids are graded on. If it's there, you can coach it. If it might be there, the kids drop a little-even if they are great players.

No worries on Q. It's there. He'll be a baller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom