OT: Question | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Question

Actually not on the Island, but in Bluffton. Crescent is a nightmare when the wind is blowing. Just remember the marsh intruding on several holes along with the blind shots and memories of the course will come back to you.
Definitely real tough. On several occasions I cursed Arnold.

I'm probably sitting around a 10 handicap nowadays. I used to play on my high school team and I was a 5 or 6 back then. Now that I live in a city with no car, my game has definitely suffered from lack of practice.

However, I also find that I enjoy the game much more now that I don't play competitively. I used to get frustrated, but now my score is less important than just getting out there, stringing some nice shots together and enjoying good company.

As someone who loves the game and likes to travel too, I always like to ask people what their favorite course is that they've played. What say you guys? Mine is Pinehurst #2, followed by Bethpage Black. One of these days I'll make it out to Pebble.

Always happy to talk golf...

I've played Pebble, Spyglass, Kapalua (Maui), Princeville (Kawaii), Manele (Lanai), Doral, Torrey Pines, Spanish Bay, Barefoot Resort which are all "public top 100 you can play" courses.

I've also played the Ocean Club in Bermuda and Greenwich Country club in CT which are both fantastic.

My favorite if I could only play once more (like Jack) is Pebble Beach although Spy Glass is almost as nice.

Here's another question. How much would you pay (if offered) to play Augusta? I know I'm crazy but I would probably pay $5000 if my wife didn't shoot me first :)

I've played Pebble, Spyglass, Kapalua (Maui), Princeville (Kawaii), Manele (Lanai), Doral, Torrey Pines, Spanish Bay, Barefoot Resort which are all "public top 100 you can play" courses.

I've also played the Ocean Club in Bermuda and Greenwich Country club in CT which are both fantastic.

My favorite if I could only play once more (like Jack) is Pebble Beach although Spy Glass is almost as nice.

Here's another question. How much would you pay (if offered) to play Augusta? I know I'm crazy but I would probably pay $5000 if my wife didn't shoot me first :)

I would pay $5k to play Augusta in a heartbeat.

Ive played some great tracks. Pebble, Winged Foot, Bethpage, Oak Hill, Kiawah to name a few. Supposed to play Oakmont in October.

Nice track record! Spyglass and Torrey are definitely on my list too. I played Ocean Club several years back as well...saw Michael Jordan on the course.

As for the Augusta question...yikes. My net worth is pretty modest right now, but I'd still probably pay a couple grand for a round. :confused: As it is, I'll have to settle for playing it on my X-box. :(

I would pay $5k to play Augusta in a heartbeat.

Ive played some great tracks. Pebble, Winged Foot, Bethpage, Oak Hill, Kiawah to name a few. Supposed to play Oakmont in October.

Nice. I watched a practice round at Winged Foot before the Open in '06...couldn't believe how long the rough was. It was like walking through a pool of spaghetti. Good luck at Oakmont.

4 Handicap (although my stellar round in the Post second round would tell otherwise)

Driver 280
3 Wood 250
Hybrid 225
4 iron 200
5 iron 190
6 iron 180
7 iron 170
8 iron 160
9 iron 145
Wedge 130
Gap Wedge 125
SW 110

This is about the same for me, as far as distances go. Probably a little shorter on the woods - my driver might go 275 on a good day. The big difference is the handicap. I'm probably about on par with edowd and alsacs - around a 10 - 11. I didn't join my course this year, though - trying to save money and do some housework over the summer. I'd normally have about 20 rounds or so in by now, but I have 2. I'd also be better if I didn't drink when I golf (a lot), but what fun would that be?

I am heading to the Cuse to play in a scramble next Friday at Sunset Ridge, though. Should be interesting to see how poorly I strike the ball with how little I've played.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom