OT: Question | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Question

I am a PGA golf pro. Not the PGA Tour, the PGA of America. We are the golf pros at your local courses that teach, run events, etc. I wish I had the time to play more. It is true that if you want to play golf, stay away from working in golf. If I were to keep a handicap, it would be around a 2. Looks like Marsh is a pretty decent ball striker.
Don't sell yourself short club pro, you're a tremendous slouch.

Where are u a pro, bro?

Yes, but Bambi survived.

Speaking of houses, both CTO and Tomcat can attest to me taking out someone's glass window(s) on the 8th hole at Erie Village a few years back during an Orange Pack Club Conclave tourney. Bad snap hook. And I never hook.
Oh man, did you duck and run or go introduce yourself to you new best friends. I am of the opinion that if you live on a golf course you should be responsible for all misshaps.

I am a PGA golf pro. Not the PGA Tour, the PGA of America. We are the golf pros at your local courses that teach, run events, etc. I wish I had the time to play more. It is true that if you want to play golf, stay away from working in golf. If I were to keep a handicap, it would be around a 2. Looks like Marsh is a pretty decent ball striker.

I hear that all the time with working in the field and playing. I let out a chuckle when I read that.

I have played about 4 full rounds in my life. I'm of the opinion that as long as my body allows me to continue to play hoops, I will do so. That being said, my body is not cooperating very much lately and it may be time to start looking into golf.

I am a 10 handicap basically a low to mid 80's player. I am giving myself a couple a strokes saying mid 80s guy based on the putter. The key for me is not getting obsessed with hitting the driver. Since a majority of your shots are from 150 yards and in I practice hitting my 7, 8, 9 irons the most. Typically, if I am playing team golf since playing golf in any competitive form is more fun I don't hit my driver unless my partner green lights me.
Driver- 250 or if I hit it completely pure more.
3 wood 220-230
5 wood hybrid 200-220
4 iron 190- I sometimes tee off with my 4 iron when I am frustrated and I can hit it over 200 when I use it there.
5 iron 180
6 iron 170-
7 iron 160-
8 iron 160
9 iron 150
Pitching Wedge 120
SW 100

However, I don't swing 100% with a lot of those clubs because typically your playing the percentages. I can hit 7 iron fat and get it close rather than swing 100% with a 9 iron. Everyone has 1 club where the swing feels pure and for me its the 7 iron I can control thus I will use it more and take a little off depending on yardage.

I am a 10 handicap basically a low to mid 80's player. I am giving myself a couple a strokes saying mid 80s guy based on the putter. The key for me is not getting obsessed with hitting the driver. Since a majority of your shots are from 150 yards and in I practice hitting my 7, 8, 9 irons the most. Typically, if I am playing team golf since playing golf in any competitive form is more fun I don't hit my driver unless my partner green lights me.
Driver- 250 or if I hit it completely pure more.
3 wood 220-230
5 wood hybrid 200-220
4 iron 190- I sometimes tee off with my 4 iron when I am frustrated and I can hit it over 200 when I use it there.
5 iron 180
6 iron 170-
7 iron 160-
8 iron 160
9 iron 150
Pitching Wedge 120
SW 100

However, I don't swing 100% with a lot of those clubs because typically your playing the percentages. I can hit 7 iron fat and get it close rather than swing 100% with a 9 iron. Everyone has 1 club where the swing feels pure and for me its the 7 iron I can control thus I will use it more and take a little off depending on yardage.
I throw darts with my 52 degree wedge. It is my money club. Problem is, its not often enough I have 90-100yards left. When I do its generally a bird. Or an easy par.

I am a 13. I drive the ball decent, 250-260, sometimes I catch it. I hit hybrids well, but my putting is just ok, my chipping and wedges are pretty inconsistent. Don't play enough!

My son is a 5 and hit a 3 wood 289 the other day. Crazy. He drives it 300 regularly and hit one 325 last weekend (I was with him). He is 6'2 and a lean and muscular 175 pounds. He just generates tons and tons of club head speed and generally makes great contact. I curse a lot at him. :)

I play to an 18. Problem with growing older is trying to maintain your focus. Handicap is where it is because I can throw in a couple blowup holes with ease. Today was a magnification of what I just said. 41 on the front, 53 on the back.
I've gotten to the point where I enjoy the course and the company and if I happen to score well, it's frosting on the cake.

I moved to Memphis two years ago. Originally from Geneva.
Played geneva cc a couple of weeks ago for the first time. Weird playing a nine hole course twice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She seriously hit a deer? I witnessed two birdstrikes. One that outright killed a smaller bird and one that broke a seagulls wing. I hate seagulls but I felt pretty bad. Personally I've only hit peoples houses.

Yes, I hit a large doe. She was standing in the middle of the 12th Fairway at Brooklawn CC, and I plunked her in her left rear hip. She jumped... then sniffed at the ball... then did some tail-waggling motion... and two fawns appeared out of the bushes in the rough. The three of them then bounded off. Too bad neither Bill Orange nor I had a camera. It was a unique experience.

PS... I also once hit an SUV. I had a bad slice at the time, and the SUV was driving on the road to the left side of the 10th fairway. The driver was very unhappy, and a lot of four-letter words were uttered in my direction. But there was no apparent damage to the vehicle.

Yes, I hit a large doe. She was standing in the middle of the 12th Fairway at Brooklawn CC, and I plunked her in her left rear hip. She jumped... then sniffed at the ball... then did some tail-waggling motion... and two fawns appeared out of the bushes in the rough. The three of them then bounded off. Too bad neither Bill Orange nor I had a camera with us. It was a unique experience.

PS... I also once hit an SUV. I had a bad slice at the time, and the SUV was driving on the road to the left side of the 10th fairway. The driver was very unhappy, and a lot of four-letter words were uttered in my direction. But there was no apparent damage to the vehicle.
its not like you were aiming at his car... dude needs to chill out. Impressive hitting a deer. Was she there when you tee'd off? Nice aim.

its not like you were aiming at his car... dude needs to chill out. Impressive hitting a deer. Was she there when you tee'd off? Nice aim.
Yes, she was. Bill Orange actually said to me... "Be careful of the deer." My response: "She's safe; she's too far away, plus I haven't hit the middle of the fairway all day." Lo and behold, I hit it. And also the deer.

Yes, she was. Bill Orange actually said to me... "Be careful of the deer." My response: "She's safe; she's too far away, plus I haven't the middle of the fairway all day." Lo and behold, I hit it. And also the deer.
haha thats as good as a hole in one. Whens the board tournament?

Sean,,, I was wondering where seangator had gone. Now I know. When did you leave Cape Cod?

I moved to Memphis almost two years ago to be with my fiancé. I miss the golf in the northeast but I don't miss the winters. Marsh, does Geneva CC still have the par 5 with the cart path down the middle of the hole where if you hit your tee shot over the path, it's OB?

I moved to Memphis almost two years ago to be with my fiancé. I miss the golf in the northeast but I don't miss the winters. Marsh, does Geneva CC still have the par 5 with the cart path down the middle of the hole where if you hit your tee shot over the path, it's OB?

Yes they do. Bizarre.

I'm probably sitting around a 10 handicap nowadays. I used to play on my high school team and I was a 5 or 6 back then. Now that I live in a city with no car, my game has definitely suffered from lack of practice.

However, I also find that I enjoy the game much more now that I don't play competitively. I used to get frustrated, but now my score is less important than just getting out there, stringing some nice shots together and enjoying good company.

As someone who loves the game and likes to travel too, I always like to ask people what their favorite course is that they've played. What say you guys? Mine is Pinehurst #2, followed by Bethpage Black. One of these days I'll make it out to Pebble.

I'm probably sitting around a 10 handicap nowadays. I used to play on my high school team and I was a 5 or 6 back then. Now that I live in a city with no car, my game has definitely suffered from lack of practice.

However, I also find that I enjoy the game much more now that I don't play competitively. I used to get frustrated, but now my score is less important than just getting out there, stringing some nice shots together and enjoying good company.

As someone who loves the game and likes to travel too, I always like to ask people what their favorite course is that they've played. What say you guys? Mine is Pinehurst #2, followed by Bethpage Black. One of these days I'll make it out to Pebble.
Mann I wish I could remember. At the time I wad playing most of them (outside of my area) I didn't. Think to remember their names. Some course in Hilton head that arnie palmer designed and one place on kiwah island. Beautiful, and very. Difficult as I recall it. I need to take more golf trips.

Mann I wish I could remember. At the time I wad playing most of them (outside of my area) I didn't. Think to remember their names. Some course in Hilton head that arnie palmer designed and one place on kiwah island. Beautiful, and very. Difficult as I recall it. I need to take more golf trips.
Found the course in Hilton. Head. Crescent pointe.

Yes, but Bambi survived.

Speaking of houses, both CTO and Tomcat can attest to me taking out someone's glass window(s) on the 8th hole at Erie Village a few years back during an Orange Pack Club Conclave tourney. Bad snap hook. And I never hook.

I think the statute of limitations has expired on that one, so yes, it did really happen. It was like a contract hit, Bill Orange took out that house with the skill of a Navy Seal.

Cto has mad skills given when she took up the game.

Based on what I have seen from various board members over the years, it is my considered opinion that SU fans, as a whole, are a lot better at drinking beer than driving golf balls.

Handicap 12-13

Driver - 275
3 Wood - Dont Carry
5 Wood - Dont Carry
2 iron - 235
3 iron - 220
4 iron - 200
5 iron - 185
6 iron - 175
7 iron - 160
8 iron - 145
9 iron - 135
PW - 125
SW - 95
56 - Various
60 - Various

Found the course in Hilton. Head. Crescent pointe.
Actually not on the Island, but in Bluffton. Crescent is a nightmare when the wind is blowing. Just remember the marsh intruding on several holes along with the blind shots and memories of the course will come back to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom