OT: Question | Syracusefan.com

OT: Question

edowd26

Hall of Fame
Do you golf?

What is your handicap?

What distance do you average with each club?

I'm bored so just thought id spice it up.

I do golf.

I am a 10 handicap.

Driver : 270
3 wood : 240
5 wood : 220
4 iron : 200
5 iron : 185
6 iron : 175
7 iron : 165
8 iron 155
9 iron : 145
Pw: 135
Sw : 110

Wanted to throw in my two cents, nothing too exciting. Bit of a hack, mostly pitch and putt, but shot a 57 par was 54. -1 on back nine. Distances were between 45 and 80 yards. Great around the green, sand and obviously inside of 80 yards. Putting to be desired. Never got great with a driver or making a nice divot in fairways. Aside from that, give me a tee (pun intended) and I can spin the ball, get it up in the air with accuracy.

Do you golf?

What is your handicap?

What distance do you average with each club?

4 Handicap (although my stellar round in the Post second round would tell otherwise)

Driver 280
3 Wood 250
Hybrid 225
4 iron 200
5 iron 190
6 iron 180
7 iron 170
8 iron 160
9 iron 145
Wedge 130
Gap Wedge 125
SW 110

Wanted to throw in my two cents, nothing too exciting. Bit of a hack, mostly pitch and putt, but shot a 57 par was 54. -1 on back nine. Distances were between 45 and 80 yards. Great around the green, sand and obviously inside of 80 yards. Putting to be desired. Never got great with a driver or making a nice divot in fairways. Aside from that, give me a tee (pun intended) and I can spin the ball, get it up in the air with accuracy.
Short game is the hardest part.

4 Handicap (although my stellar round in the Post second round would tell otherwise)

Driver 280
3 Wood 250
Hybrid 225
4 iron 200
5 iron 190
6 iron 180
7 iron 170
8 iron 160
9 iron 145
Wedge 130
Gap Wedge 125
SW 110
I was hoping this would bring you out. See how I stacked up with you. I am to much of a wuss to sign up for the post standardn. But I do want to do it someday.

230/240 driver down to 100 PW.
Handicap is my swing.
Best golf ability: hitting driver off fairway.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

1) I never held a golf club until after I retired. 2) I'm a woman. 3) I'm left-handed.

Given those handicaps (pun intended), I'm a bit reluctant to join this thread of single-digit-handicappers. I don't hit the ball long (I'm happy when it goes 150 yards), but it is usually on the fairway. Also, I have a decent short game and am a good putter. I play quickly and am a good team member in a scramble. That's about all I will say.

1) I never held a golf club until after I retired. 2) I'm a woman. 3) I'm left-handed.

Given those handicaps (pun intended), I'm a bit reluctant to join this thread of single-digits handicappers. I don't hit the ball long (I'm happy when it goes 150 yards), but it is usually on the fairway. Also, I have a decent short game and am a good putter. I play quickly and am a good team member in a scramble. That's about all I can say.
None of that is bad at all... except the lefty thing. Lefty 's are evil. Or something.

I was hoping this would bring you out. See how I stacked up with you. I am to much of a wuss to sign up for the post standardn. But I do want to do it someday.

Screw that go for it. Believe me you would surprise yourself and probably make it past the qualifier. I convinced my 60 year old neighbor to do it and he made it through the qualifier. I played right behind a guy in the qualifier who shot a 121.

You need to eat a lot of humble pie in these events trust me. I had 72 in the qualifier, shot 75 in the first round at Kanon (also had 4 under in my league later that night) and proceeded to shoot a GD 97 at Seven Oaks the very next day which was probably my highest score in 30 years. I went from 13th place to missing the cut. Doing it in front of 2 friends as well (who I got paired with) was tough to swallow but it happens to everyone at some point.

I would play if I were you.

Given those handicaps (pun intended), I'm a bit reluctant to join this thread of single-digits handicappers. I don't hit the ball long (I'm happy when it goes 150 yards), but it is usually on the fairway. Also, I have a decent short game and am a good putter. I play quickly and am a good team member in a scramble. That's about all I can say.

None of that is bad at all... except the lefty thing. Lefty 's are evil. Or something.

You tricky lefties. All lefties are good putters. :)
Only way my brother stays close with me in pitch and putt.

Screw that go for it. Believe me you would surprise yourself and probably make it past the qualifier. I convinced my 60 year old neighbor to do it and he made it through the qualifier. I played right behind a guy in the qualifier who shot a 121.

You need to eat a lot of humble pie in these events trust me. I had 72 in the qualifier, shot 75 in the first round at Kanon (also had 4 under in my league later that night) and proceeded to shoot a GD 97 at Seven Oaks the very next day which was probably my highest score in 30 years. I went from 13th place to missing the cut. Doing it in front of 2 friends as well (who I got paired with) was tough to swallow but it happens to everyone at some point.

I would play if I were you.
A wow a 97 from a 75. That's my kind of scorer swing. One day I can be in the 70s next day 90s. I do plan on doing it. I just. Wish it were in mid June. My game is AWFUL after over hibernated for y months. I just started to get it going this past week. Went for. 39 in league. The week before 47

A wow a 97 from a 75. That's my kind of scorer swing. One day I can be in the 70s next day 90s. I do plan on doing it. I just. Wish it were in mid June. My game is AWFUL after over hibernated for y months. I just started to get it going this past week. Went for. 39 in league. The week before 47

Yea it came out of nowhere unfortunately. Seven Oaks from the tips is brutal and if you start going bad there its like a death spiral. It was pretty humiliating but that's golf. Two weeks is the Ashe at Oswego so I am hoping for a better showing.

I try to putt and chip in my basement all winter so at least I can have a club in my hand. Going 4 months plus without playing kills my game too.

Yea it came out of nowhere unfortunately. Seven Oaks from the tips is brutal and if you start going bad there its like a death spiral. It was pretty humiliating but that's golf. Two weeks is the Ashe at Oswego so I am hoping for a better showing.

I try to putt and chip in my basement all winter so at least I can have a club in my hand. Going 4 months plus without playing kills my game too.
Its time. To move south. I owe it to my game.

I can attest to CTO's excellent short game and putting. She also took out Bambi with one her patented 150 drives a few years back. ;)

I can attest to CTO's excellent short game and putting. She also took out Bambi with one her patented 150 drives a few years back. ;)
She seriously hit a deer? I witnessed two birdstrikes. One that outright killed a smaller bird and one that broke a seagulls wing. I hate seagulls but I felt pretty bad. Personally I've only hit peoples houses.

She seriously hit a dear. I witnessed two birdstrikes. One that outright killed a smaller bird and one that broke a seagulls wing. I hate seagulls but I felt pretty bad. Personally I've only hit peoples houses.

Yes, but Bambi survived.

Speaking of houses, both CTO and Tomcat can attest to me taking out someone's glass window(s) on the 8th hole at Erie Village a few years back during an Orange Pack Club Conclave tourney. Bad snap hook. And I never hook.

I am a PGA golf pro. Not the PGA Tour, the PGA of America. We are the golf pros at your local courses that teach, run events, etc. I wish I had the time to play more. It is true that if you want to play golf, stay away from working in golf. If I were to keep a handicap, it would be around a 2. Looks like Marsh is a pretty decent ball striker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom