OT- Sausage.. ect | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

OT- Sausage.. ect

So sometime in the next 6 months its going to get above freezing up here, which means I can get my grill back out. I always get a few boxes of hofmans hotdogs, but I was wondering about their sausage. Anyone a fan? Anyone have a better sausage? (<-- Marsh, I dont want to know about your sausage)

Also, My wife thinks I'm nuts.. Anyone else soak their sausage in vinager?

Thanks, i know its off topic, but I'm bored at work, its dark and cold, so I'm thinking about summer lol

http://www.alaskasausage.com/ in Anchorage and their Reindeer sausage (spicy or regular) is great. Can be purchased in most supermarkets in AK. In Juneau, http://www.jerrysmeats.com/ They make great sausage and if you ask them they will probably enclose their bumper sticker, "You Can't Beat Jerry's Meat". I like Jerry's because they are open just about all the time, 7 days a week, so if its midnight and the sun is out and you get the urge for fresh meat and fish...

I'm not a big meat guy but I cook salmon on my grill year round. I marinade it in either jerk sauce or lemon garlic spiedie sauce. Another thing I do is cook corn on the cob just like the Indians. Leave it in all the coverings and throw it on the top shelf of the grill. Leave it on for maybe 30 minutes but you have to keep turning it. I'm also trying to perfect sweet potato fries and am open to ideas. Another thing I do is take the biggest onion you can find and cut it in half and put it in tinfoil with some olive oil basted on it. Cover it tight and just place it on the grill. When your food is done so will your onion.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Most popular salmon recipi up here is baste with 1/3 brown sugar, 1/3 melted butter/ 1/3 lemon juice.
Personally, I cover the salmon with dijon mustard and dill weed. Quick and good.

Halibut most popular local recipi is a heart attack special from Norway: 2 parts sour cream to 1 part mayonaisse. Fish can be marinated in white wine first. Then breadcrums, mayo/sour cream sauce, diced green onions. Maybe some butter on top. Bake.

Take the same mayo/sour cream sauce and mix with crab meat. spread on a fresh roll. Top with havarti (for a creamy taste) or muenster (for a nutty taste) cheese and paprika. Bake

Bumping it up a notch, forget the mayo/sour cream and fry halibut with lots of crumbled blue cheese and butter. Throw in some lemon juice.

Eat well my friend. its a long time until basketball season.
PS Don't worry for me, I have a supply of spiedie sauce in the basement.

Most popular salmon recipi up here is baste with 1/3 brown sugar, 1/3 melted butter/ 1/3 lemon juice.
Personally, I cover the salmon with dijon mustard and dill weed. Quick and good.

Halibut most popular local recipi is a heart attack special from Norway: 2 parts sour cream to 1 part mayonaisse. Fish can be marinated in white wine first. Then breadcrums, mayo/sour cream sauce, diced green onions. Maybe some butter on top. Bake.

Bumping it up a notch, forget the mayo/sour cream and fry halibut with lots of crumbled blue cheese and butter. Throw in some lemon juice.

Eat well my friend. its a long time until basketball season.

Main goal of the summer. Find some time to get down south and catch me some halibut.

No shipping to Alaska :(

Section314 is moving back to the east coast (boooooooooo) and he says he will ship me up some Gianelli

They must have changed. I have one of their blurbs that says in big letters "We Ship anywhere in the US!".

They must have changed. I have one of their blurbs that says in big letters "We Ship anywhere in the US!".
2 day Fedex Air Shipping & Handling included (within the continental US, no shipping to Alaska or Islands).

:(

Anyone have a better sausage?

yo-dawg-i-heard-you-like-sausages-so-we-put-sausages-in-your-sausages-so-you-can-sausage-while-youre-sausaging.jpg

they would make the Cinnamon Challenge really challenging

My cousin attempted this and used his laptop camera to film it. He ended up spitting cinnamon all over his newly bought computer. My uncle wasn't thrilled.

I also filmed my friend attempting this in the dining hall soph. year at SU (strumpfasaurus actually) and it was the funniest thing I've ever seen.

Swallowing anything powdery/grainy like that in a tablespoon(?) ration is one of the dumbest things I've seen. Without any liquid it's a bad idea. Certainly cinnamon which burns.

Main goal of the summer. Find some time to get down south and catch me some halibut.
lots of butt charters out of Homer and lots of bars on the Spit. I'll be in Kodiak getting some butt second week of June. If you get down to Jnu, the grounds are a days trip from town in my slow but trusty Pearl. I once landed a monster only 6 miles from town, but that was a fluke. Took hours to pull it in. A once in a lifetime catch. The best way to deal with big butt is a gunshot to the head when they get to the surface. They go limp instantly.

Not a huge sausage fan but Liehs & Steigerwald in Cuse makes a buffalo chicken brat that is pretty unbelievable.

FYI Leigh and steigerwalds will ship via fed ex. They pack the sausages with about forty of those ice packs. I've shipped to Virginia and Rhode Island without problems. Just make it a big order to make the shipping worth it. It's nice because you literally call up the guy who runs the shop.

I'm guessing you can't get good kielbasa in Alaska, but if you can (and for those in upstate): take the full link, set on tin foil, cut up onions and peppers (i use orange), salt and pepper to taste, and finally pour one beer or so over everything. Close tin foil up secure and grill until you can smell bread (about 30 minutes). Unwrap and enjoy.

Finally did this. Epic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom