OT- Sausage.. ect | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT- Sausage.. ect

soooo Gianelli wants $171 for shipping for 5 pounds of sausage lol... I'm pretty sure Hofmanns charged me under $20 for 40 pounds of hotdogs.

I'll do it for $170

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

Jeez, I really gotta get out of Jersey. Jealous.
Cues troop, get yourself some reindeer sausage. It's the best. Made in Anch. by an old German dude, sold all over Alaska.

So sometime in the next 6 months its going to get above freezing up here, which means I can get my grill back out. I always get a few boxes of hofmans hotdogs, but I was wondering about their sausage. Anyone a fan? Anyone have a better sausage? (<-- Marsh, I dont want to know about your sausage)

Also, My wife thinks I'm nuts.. Anyone else soak their sausage in vinager?

Thanks, i know its off topic, but I'm bored at work, its dark and cold, so I'm thinking about summer lol

Just curious...was the vinegar thing a drunken discovery? Sounds like it to me. When I was in college I developed a taste for plain potato chips with worchestershire sauce drizzled on top. Was totally tanked when I stumbled (literally) onto this culinary masterpiece.

Cues troop, get yourself some reindeer sausage. It's the best. Made in Anch. by an old German dude, sold all over Alaska.

Oh i've torn up some reindeer sausage. Very good. I have some moose breakfast sausage in my freezer, also very good.

The Hofmann hots were a big hit last summer, so I thought I'd throw something new into the mix. With these shipping prices, it looks like I'm sticking to Hofmanns.

Just curious...was the vinegar thing a drunken discovery? Sounds like it to me. When I was in college I developed a taste for plain potato chips with worchestershire sauce drizzled on top. Was totally tanked when I stumbled (literally) onto this culinary masterpiece.

Its something I've done since I was a little kid, eating racetrack sausages. My cousin was the first one I remember doing it. Chips and worchestershire sauce? idk bro lol.

Are we meeting at the Fox at 8am Saturday? Let me know so I can make plans for a cook to get there early

Its something I've done since I was a little kid, eating racetrack sausages. My cousin was the first one I remember doing it. Chips and worchestershire sauce? idk bro lol.

Are we meeting at the Fox at 8am Saturday? Let me know so I can make plans for a cook to get there early

Don't knock it you tried it man ;) Nah, I'm not going to the bar to watch the game this Saturday. I'll record it and watch it when I wake up. Might make a run to the fox later on though...

Don't knock it you tried it man ;) Nah, I'm not going to the bar to watch the game this Saturday. I'll record it and watch it when I wake up. Might make a run to the fox later on though...

Such an effin sally. I'm up for beers later tho. Call me

Back on subject, BBQ.

What are some new ideas for the grill... Already have the dogs, sausages, brats, chicken, steaks, ribs... Anyone have any new ideas for things to grill? Crazy concoctions?

Back on subject, BBQ.

What are some new ideas for the grill... Already have the dogs, sausages, brats, chicken, steaks, ribs... Anyone have any new ideas for things to grill? Crazy concoctions?

Steakhouse chicken

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

I'm listening

You got a Wegmans there? I use Wegmans Steakhouse marinade (it's a steak marinade), but I am sure there are other brands. But it has to be steakhouse.

Get a tin pan
Put a few packages of chicken thighs in the pan
Pour 2 bottles of steakhouse marinade over the chicken so that the chicken is covered pretty much (i sometimes toss is some A1 also)
Cover with tin foil and put it in the fridge overnight or at least 5-6 hours
Take covered pan and put it right on your grill. Cook for about 20 - 30 minutes. The marinade will start to boil.
Take pan off grill and put chicken right on grill but turn the grill down some.
Baste top of thighs with marinade that is still in pan. Turn several times and marinade each time. Only cook for 10 mins or so.

People at the tailgate can attest to its yumminess. It got 1st place.

You got a Wegmans there? I use Wegmans Steakhouse marinade (it's a steaf marinade), but I am sure there are other brands. But it has to be steakhouse.

Get a tin pan
Put a few packages of chicken thighs in the pan
Pour 2 bottles of steakhouse marinade over the chicken so that the chicken is covered pretty much (i sometimes toss is some A1 also)
Cover with tin foil and put it in the fridge overnight or at least 5-6 hours
Take covered pan and put it right on your grill. Cook for about 20 - 30 minutes. The marinade will start to boil.
Take pan off grill and put chicken right on grill but turn the grill down some.
Baste top of thighs with marinade that is still in pan. Turn several times and marinade each time. Only cook for 10 mins or so.

People at the tailgate can attest to its yumminess. It got 1st place.

I cant imagine where the nearest Wegmans is :( But I'm sure I can find some steakhouse marinade somewhere.

I might fire up the grill a little early for this one. Thanks Bees!

Ughh I miss me some Zonies... Never had one sober, but they used to be amazing at 2am

They finally got a zonies closer to campus. For four years, my time at su, they were notorious for taking forever. I'd fall asleep sometimes before my order arrived bc it was pushing two hours. Note: always pay in cash.

Found this thread by accident. Bumping it for two reasons -

one- Bees' Steakhouse Chicken

two- I got the grill out yesterday, anyone else have any awesome recipes?

Gianelli is excellent but garofalo's in oswego is the best imo.
I can eat Gianelli's but it's not even close...Garofalo's is much better.

I buy 10-15 pounds every time I get up that way. I cut it into links and freeze it. Unbelievable on the grill.

Put the sausage in the smoker with some ribs and open up a whole new world of flavor!

my favorite grilled chicken recipe - no beer is used in the ingredients, but it allows you to consume massive quantities during preparation - Cornell chicken

http://americanfood.about.com/od/chickenrecipes/r/Cornell_Chicken_Recipe.htm
http://americanfood.about.com/od/chickenrecipes/r/Cornell_Chicken_Recipe.htm

ahh, one of my old man's friends used to grill that up. Absolutly amazing. Thanks for reminding me of this, I now have a new goal for the weekend. I'm gonna make this happen

Boiling/poaching also purges some of the fat out of sausages first.

Any local meat market/butcher doing fresh sausage is going to be really good and legit. Anything like Gianelli's or a Hungarian/Serbian/Ukrainian style is going to be good.

Don't buy any sealed or pre-packaged garbage at your regular grocery store. I'm not even sure how much meat is in that stuff. Even Johnsonville sucks. Certainly not Hillshire Farms or any of that cheap and nasty crap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom