OT- Sausage.. ect | Syracusefan.com

OT- Sausage.. ect

CuseTroop

Vegas Mole Person
So sometime in the next 6 months its going to get above freezing up here, which means I can get my grill back out. I always get a few boxes of hofmans hotdogs, but I was wondering about their sausage. Anyone a fan? Anyone have a better sausage? (<-- Marsh, I dont want to know about your sausage)

Also, My wife thinks I'm nuts.. Anyone else soak their sausage in vinager?

Thanks, i know its off topic, but I'm bored at work, its dark and cold, so I'm thinking about summer lol

So sometime in the next 6 months its going to get above freezing up here, which means I can get my grill back out. I always get a few boxes of hofmans hotdogs, but I was wondering about their sausage. Anyone a fan? Anyone have a better sausage? (<-- Marsh, I dont want to know about your sausage)

Thanks, i know its off topic, but I'm bored at work, its dark and cold, so I'm thinking about summer lol

Gianelli Sausage dude. Probably cant get it in Alaska but there is none better.

I have never soaked sausage in vinegar. And its 63 degrees in Syracuse right now.

It is 61 degrees in Brockport right now. I would never put my sausage in vinegar. ;)

Ughh I miss me some Zonies... Never had one sober, but they used to be amazing at 2am

I have never soaked sausage in vinegar. And its 63 degrees in Syracuse right now.

I'm down for having it shipped.. I'll have to see if they have a website. Hofmanns had 20 pounds of hot dogs on my deck in a day in a half.

I'm telling you guys.. Throw some vinegar on your sausages.. Absolutly amazing

I'm down for having it shipped.. I'll have to see if they have a website. Hofmanns had 20 pounds of hot dogs on my deck in a day in a half.

I'm telling you guys.. Throw some vinegar on your sausages.. Absolutly amazing

http://www.gianellisausage.com/

You wont be disappointed. Hot...sweet...little link. I would bathe in the fat that is produced by this stuff.

Vinegar then grill it? White? Red wine? Baste or soak in?

You wont be disappointed. Hot...sweet...little link. I would bathe in the fat that is produced by this stuff.

Gotta go with the hot. Either grilled with onions and peppers or cut up, fried for a short time and then simmered in some sphagetti sauce for 4 hours. Nothing better. MMMM...

Gotta go with the hot. Either grilld with onions and peppers or cut up, fried for a short time and then simmered in some sphagetti sauce for 4 hours. Nothing better. MMMM...

The hot is money. I do like the sweet on occasion. I load up on the patties and we grill them all summer long.

We also eat nothing but Gianelli for breakfast if I make sausage. The little link is outstanding.

Gianelli is excellent but garofalo's in oswego is the best imo.

If i'm cooking on the stove I cook it in the vinegar, enough to cover the bottom of the pan.
I soak sausages in water before I grill them, it helps take away that wrinkled up look, I add vinegar to that.

Most important.. Stick the sausage on the bun, and add some vinegar. Not to much to overpower the sausage, but enough to make it absolutly awesome

The hot is money. I do like the sweet on occasion. I load up on the patties and we grill them all summer long.

We also eat nothing but Gianelli for breakfast if I make sausage. The little link is outstanding.

I always go hot.

If i'm cooking on the stove I cook it in the vinegar, enough to cover the bottom of the pan.
I soak sausages in water before I grill them, it helps take away that wrinkled up look, I add vinegar to that.

Most important.. Stick the sausage on the bun, and add some vinegar. Not to much to overpower the sausage, but enough to make it absolutly awesome

Interesting. I will try it. white vinegar right?

Jeez, I really gotta get out of Jersey. Jealous.

Hofman's Polish is terrific. I get it at Snapper's in Auburn on Sunday afternoon during the NFL season. Also any sausage from Liehs & Steigerwald.

Hofman's Polish is terrific. I get it at Snapper's in Auburn on Sunday afternoon during the NFL season. Also any sausage from Liehs & Steigerwald.

Leighs is great too.

soooo Gianelli wants $171 for shipping for 5 pounds of sausage lol... I'm pretty sure Hofmanns charged me under $20 for 40 pounds of hotdogs.

Liehs & Steigerwald is the best sausage store I've been to... an absolute Mecca of tasty grillable dinks...

Sadly, living in Albany area, don't get there as much as I used to...

However, for standard Italian links (hot and sweet), Garafalo's in little Italy in Schenectady makes some really good ones:

http://www.garofalosausage.com/

Having gone to college in Oswego, am familiar with the Garafolo's on 146 as well... Not sure if the Schenectady fam is related, but I do think they make a better link (tho both are good).

Ughh I miss me some Zonies... Never had one sober, but they used to be amazing at 2am

Oswego bro! Where it all started. All of those long nights stumbling into zonies to get that Buff Chick!

Gianelli's is legit.

I always boil in half beer/half water with a bunch of cut up onions and peppers before putting them on the grill. Gives it some added flavor and prevents it from wrinkling as someone said before.

Oswego. . . . Amazing place to party and bar hop. . .
. Great place to leave behind as well since it claimed too many of my years and certainly left its mark on me.

Wegmans is close enough here on the md/pa border to score gianelli's. Also have any friends or relatives bring me pounds of garafolos if they are passing my way.

I'm a big fan of Gianelli's and usually buy them for cooking at home. However, the Italian sausage sandwiches sold at the Dome are Hofmann's and I really do like those too. Like all concession foods, the length of time between cooking and eating can have a big impact on your opinion. I wouldn't hestitate to buy either one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom