OT- Sausage.. ect | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT- Sausage.. ect

So sometime in the next 6 months its going to get above freezing up here, which means I can get my grill back out. I always get a few boxes of hofmans hotdogs, but I was wondering about their sausage. Anyone a fan? Anyone have a better sausage? (<-- Marsh, I dont want to know about your sausage)

Also, My wife thinks I'm nuts.. Anyone else soak their sausage in vinager?

Thanks, i know its off topic, but I'm bored at work, its dark and cold, so I'm thinking about summer lol

Uli's Famous in Seattle, shipping costs may be better.

the big hit of all our barbecues are Pork and Chicken Satay. The recipes are from Penzeys, who also sell a delicious pre-mixed satay seasoning. The spicy peanut dipping sauce attached to the pork recipe is a big hit and good with both pork and chicken, so I triple the batch. And make sure you make extra chili oil for basting.

Uli's Famous in Seattle, shipping costs may be better.

No shipping to Alaska :(

Section314 is moving back to the east coast (boooooooooo) and he says he will ship me up some Gianelli

I saw you make a thread about sausage and instinctively assumed you were making a counter thread to the numerous JLH and Upton threads we've had in the past. Apparently I misjudged you, for better or worse.

My bad.

the big hit of all our barbecues are Pork and Chicken Satay. The recipes are from Penzeys, who also sell a delicious pre-mixed satay seasoning. The spicy peanut dipping sauce attached to the pork recipe is a big hit and good with both pork and chicken, so I triple the batch. And make sure you make extra chili oil for basting.

Nice! My spice cabinet is all Penzey's. Great stuff.

I saw you make a thread about sausage and instinctively assumed you were making a counter thread to the numerous JLH and Upton threads we've had in the past. Apparently I misjudged you, for better or worse.

My bad.

I love that you thought "This might be a thread about dudes" and clicked that sucker right away ;)

penzeys is awesome. I treat their monthly catalog like food Pron.

Have you been to one in person? There are two now in Cleveland. The best part is every spice is in a 'demo' jar where you can open it up and smell/sample. So great. I particularly get off on the potent Vietnamese or Sri Lankan cinnamon. You open the jar, smell, and it BURNS!

Have you been to one in person? There are two now in Cleveland. The best part is every spice is in a 'demo' jar where you can open it up and smell/sample. So great. I particularly get off on the potent Vietnamese or Sri Lankan cinnamon. You open the jar, smell, and it BURNS!
yeah, there is one in Santa Monica that I've been to a few times. My wife bought me "The Crate" for father's day a couple of years ago, which lets me experiment with all kinds of spices. I've developed an outstanding chili that I layer with 8 different kinds of peppers.

I can eat Gianelli's but it's not even close...Garofalo's is much better.

I buy 10-15 pounds every time I get up that way. I cut it into links and freeze it. Unbelievable on the grill.

Whenever any family member goes through they have an order! I also eat about 80% of it grilled with onions, pepper and spicy mustard!!!!

Whenever any family member goes through they have an order! I also eat about 80% of it grilled with onions, pepper and spicy mustard!!!!
You can special order sausage with onions and peppers ground inside. It's awesome but only available if your order ahead of time.

You can special order sausage with onions and peppers ground inside. It's awesome but only available if your order ahead of time.

Thanks for the info I'll have to try some that way.

penzeys is awesome. I treat their monthly catalog like food Pron.

I'm with you. I like the quality of their spices. Their cayenne pepper is actually hot.

Back on subject, BBQ.

What are some new ideas for the grill... Already have the dogs, sausages, brats, chicken, steaks, ribs... Anyone have any new ideas for things to grill? Crazy concoctions?
OK, turkey london broil. Had this the first time at a Bruce concert, from the tailgater next to us. Ask a butcher for it (it's a cut of the breast). If you can't find the london broil cut, get turkey tenderloins or even turkey cutlets. At least 4 hours before you cook, marinade the meat in a mixture of 1/3 Worcestershire sauce, 2/3 soy sauce. If desired, add salt/pepper/a bit of powdered mustard/etc. Then grill just enough for the turkey to be fully cooked, but still moist (trust me - never eat pink turkey).

You will not regret trying this.It's a summer staple/tailgate staple for the Orange79 family.

Back on subject, BBQ.

What are some new ideas for the grill... Already have the dogs, sausages, brats, chicken, steaks, ribs... Anyone have any new ideas for things to grill? Crazy concoctions?
I'm not a big meat guy but I cook salmon on my grill year round. I marinade it in either jerk sauce or lemon garlic spiedie sauce. Another thing I do is cook corn on the cob just like the Indians. Leave it in all the coverings and throw it on the top shelf of the grill. Leave it on for maybe 30 minutes but you have to keep turning it. I'm also trying to perfect sweet potato fries and am open to ideas. Another thing I do is take the biggest onion you can find and cut it in half and put it in tinfoil with some olive oil basted on it. Cover it tight and just place it on the grill. When your food is done so will your onion.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Back on subject, BBQ.

I'm guessing you can't get good kielbasa in Alaska, but if you can (and for those in upstate): take the full link, set on tin foil, cut up onions and peppers (i use orange), salt and pepper to taste, and finally pour one beer or so over everything. Close tin foil up secure and grill until you can smell bread (about 30 minutes). Unwrap and enjoy.

I'm guessing you can't get good kielbasa in Alaska, but if you can (and for those in upstate): take the full link, set on tin foil, cut up onions and peppers (i use orange), salt and pepper to taste, and finally pour one beer or so over everything. Close tin foil up secure and grill until you can smell bread (about 30 minutes). Unwrap and enjoy.

I can get kielbasa up here. Not quite sure how good it is, but I'm deff going to give that a try

If you have a smoker (can grill similarly) there is always the bacon bomb.

One of my favorites for early tailgating is pizza. Though rolling out the dough, etc is a pain, it's worth it.

I'm not a big meat guy but I cook salmon on my grill year round. I marinade it in either jerk sauce or lemon garlic spiedie sauce. Another thing I do is cook corn on the cob just like the Indians. Leave it in all the coverings and throw it on the top shelf of the grill. Leave it on for maybe 30 minutes but you have to keep turning it. I'm also trying to perfect sweet potato fries and am open to ideas. Another thing I do is take the biggest onion you can find and cut it in half and put it in tinfoil with some olive oil basted on it. Cover it tight and just place it on the grill. When your food is done so will your onion.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
So...the rumor is true?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom