OT - Sorry! Cosmo's! Why!!!??? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT - Sorry! Cosmo's! Why!!!???

George was an important part of the whole Cosmos atmosphere. A great sense of humor. I think when his health went downhill his last few years ...he died last year, the place lost a lot.

I didn't like varsity when I went to school, but my boys and I stop in after the games for pizza and wings and love it. Cosmos had a good slice but a tad overrated still sad to see it go. Last time I was there I ran into Pearl on a Sunday morning after the anniversary of his half court shot. I like pillows. Cali

i don't want to live in a world where acropolis is still open and cosmos isn't
I was back in cuse a couple months ago. All the joints on Marshall were closed for lunch except akrapolis. We went in and ordered slices. I might as well have thrown them on the floor than eat them.

I always thought ZJ's could do better if they decided to make it an actual pizza place rather than just a to-go counter above Harry's.

I'm also having a brain cramp - what was ZJ's before it was ZJ's? This was in the 2000 range, it was a similar style of pizza but under different ownership...and THAT was the best pizza I ever had in Syracuse.

Also, it really is sad that the M-Street area is so different now. Bring back Darwin's!
Damn. Jk...you bringin back some memories. Nothing better than hittin archibold for 6 hours, then heading to hh at Darwin's, late night at Harry's and pizza upstairs...

and don't forget Zorba's. Any owner who will give you a shot of Ouzo with your slice is a friend indeed. Multiple frat brothers delivered for him. Good times...

Great subs but you always had to be prepared for the quick sprint to the bathroom. I've got a cast iron stomach but Zorba's always managed to makes it's way through me rather quickly.

Just read a DO story about the end of Cosmo's on Marshall Street.

I can't believe it's really gone.

Somebody should immediately take over the lease, hire old managers and cooks and re-open place!!

Not only the best pizza in CNY, but maybe on the east coast!

Get it done!

Re-open Cosmo's!!!

Thank you.

Worked there for a summer after I graduated. SO Dirty! And some of the worst bosses I ever had.

Also, the best pizza in the area was by far Johnny's which is now OIP near the former Peter's then P and C, now Topps grocery store. Only pizza that was really true NY style.

As long as they have Thai sticky buns all will be ok, lol!!

Cosmos had great breakfast after drunken night. That's it

None of you have mentioned the greatest single part about Cosmos, the THB.
Not to mention the table side Juke Boxes. For a complete listing of the available tunes (they never seemed to change) take a look at the 60's songs thread on the Entertainment Board.

Sorry to see Cosmos go. It's always been my breakfast spot, going to miss it.

Now, where am I going for breakfast within walking distance of the Sheraton?

The Sheraton?

There used to be (60's and 70's) Pizza King a couple of doors down from Cosmos. It morphed into The All Night Egg Plant, which is still kicking on Bridge Street. Not exactly walking distance though.